Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Looking to purchase a SC430

Craig_f

1 minute ago, Malc1 said:

I find it ludicrous that MOT Tester Advisories mention factory fitted plastic covers and under trays whatever …… seems a bl—dy nonsense

Malc  

As an ex-mot tester I can say that its all about the mot tester covering himself …you can’t  fail what you can’t see !

yet there could be a corroded hole under many of the plastic covered modern cars undersides .

So by writing..underbelly pans fitted…the tester has covered his arse 👍🏻

• Like 3

On 12/14/2023 at 7:12 AM, Boomer54 said:

Makes two for the garage. Alloygator came loose yesterday and by the time I had pulled over it had whipped around and messed up the paint around the wheel arch. Xmas prezzy I could have done without.

God I was miffed at that yesterday. I even turned my nose up at a glass of Primitivo I was that put out. Irrational really given it was 'decorative'. Anyway got up at 5.30 out with the compound and micros. The good news is it all cut out ! What I had thought was the top surface of the paint 'peeled' was actually parts of alloygator peeled onto the paint. I am having a glass of red at lunch today by way of celebration.

Now I have a decision to make. Put one alloygator back on ,or take the other three off. When I have time I am going to take a pic and use it in a survey to get people's thoughts 'better with or better without'. If this had not happened I would have probably gone laissez faire with them ,but now I am caught in two minds on them.

21 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

God I was miffed at that yesterday. I even turned my nose up at a glass of Primitivo I was that put out. Irrational really given it was 'decorative'. Anyway got up at 5.30 out with the compound and micros. The good news is it all cut out ! What I had thought was the top surface of the paint 'peeled' was actually parts of alloygator peeled onto the paint. I am having a glass of red at lunch today by way of celebration.

Now I have a decision to make. Put one alloygator back on ,or take the other three off. When I have time I am going to take a pic and use it in a survey to get people's thoughts 'better with or better without'. If this had not happened I would have probably gone laissez faire with them ,but now I am caught in two minds on them.

21 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I did consider having them fitted to my wheels however I read of other people having the same issue as you so didn't go ahead. I also read that water can collect between them and the wheel causing corrosion as the laquear can get damaged by the clips.

7 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

I may be on my own here but why would anyone what a beat up SC430 model especially at £69

2 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Might have been alloygator damage

I have made up my mind without reverting to collective wisdom on the issue of alloygators. Having just washed the car and spruced up the alloys there are no marks from the miscreant alloygator. Hence, I am playing safe and eliminating a concern and the other three alloygators will be removed in the new year. She is now under canvas and will not be moving until she goes to have her upholstery done in mid January. Summer is offically over and as the song goes "it's raining in my heart". Plus in my cellar unfortunately. God bless Henry pumps.

Nb This one is for you Grey ,gleaming on the driveway jus the way you like it.Alloy.thumb.jpg.6b597373ae4b93c7ae3d4fb8603e58ee.jpg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GMB said:

At great risk of defenestration I must admit them bricks or cobbles or whatever they are look good. It's a bit posher round here, we have setts.😬

You know not many know this. The difference between cobbles and setts.  Rounded, or square. I am happy to rest on your premise to be square whilst I am rounded. The latter also meaning a bit rough around the edges.

• Haha 2

If he had put all the original badges back on and removed the aftermarket one, it would look more genuine.…and don’t show the low down shot of the exhaust .

First impression are very important…if a buyer doesn’t like the look of the photo's, he’s not going to make that first call.

• Like 1

I would allow about £350 for a decent repair to that. Some might do it for less, some would quote more. I think most sellers would take it into account when considering the price but it's always worth negotiating if you think the price is too high. If I was the seller, I would have had that re-painted before the sale. 

That is bang on what I asked for off the already haggled price. Agreed price was with the repair done but he is struggling to find a guy to do it. First quote seller had was £700.

But if I wait for seller to get it done in the new year I save a months road tax!

5 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

That is bang on what I asked for off the already haggled price. Agreed price was with the repair done but he is struggling to find a guy to do it. First quote seller had was £700.

But if I wait for seller to get it done in the new year I save a months road tax!

If a months road tax is really on your mind you might want to rethink the buy. How are you going to feel about spending more than that just filling the tank ?

3 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Opinions on nick out of the tyre as well please.

Does it compromise the legality of the tyre? Forget that just blew up the pic. What's that area of tyre under the arch ? Looks off. The alloy is kerbed to a fare thee well. Are the others in a similar condition? 

30 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

It will be a cossetted toy, and yes I have plenty in reserve for running and maintaining, unless you lot want to have a whip round for me?

….the forum suddenly goes very quite !😁😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Opinions on negotiating value for repair?

There's a fantastic body shop round here that can match Lexus paint to a "T". It really is impossible to see any difference from original. Not expensive too.

Sorry it's a bit too far from you.

John Alker Motor Body Repair Centre

Unit 7A, Grimeford Mill Grimeford Lane, Grimeford Village.

BTW The "grimeford" address bits - It's a Lancashire thing, just ignore it.

Scabby bits??? on a Lexus.  Victor Meldrew moment coming....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links