Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just received this from my insurance company. 63 year old living in Staffordshire. Anyone else had 5he same issue.

Hi James,

Thank you for choosing Yoga to take care of your insurance needs for the past year. Unfortunately we are unable to offer a renewal quotation for ***** this time around. 

Therefore, we are writing to confirm that your cover will expire on 13 Jan 2024 at 23:59.

Thanks,

Yoga Insurance

I have been with LV for about 5 years on a multi car policy and this year in November my RX450 insurance went from £250 to £373.

I know that I am knocking on a bit, live in rural Gloucestershire and mileage is restricted to 5000 miles, but I didnt think that was too bad.

I was expecting a lot worse

Owen

3 hours ago, Jimbrodie1 said:

Just received this from my insurance company. 63 year old living in Staffordshire. Anyone else had 5he same issue.

Yes, me too from Churchill.

On 12/11/2023 at 7:07 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan,

it’s not actually due until 14th Jan so I’m a little outside the 30 days for an applicable quote. But I’ll give you a call towards the weekend when I’ll be doing a real search 👍

Well after a morning of searching, the best I could get this year was £933 up from just over £500 last year 😲

2022 RX450h,

63 year old,

full no claims,

1 SP30,

social use only

stored in locked garage overnight

8000 miles per year

live in Staffordshire 

All the same details location etc, yet a £400 increase to £933 😡😡😡😡

• Sad 2

Just received a renewal quote on my 2009 RX450H which has increased from £700 to £1000. I know premiums are increasing across the board but that seems a bit steep. Anyone else have any experience with quotes for Ph 3 cars increasing dramatically? I’m wondering if the insurers can’t differentiate between the older, less stealable cars and the later vehicles which seem to be so easy they almost steal themselves. 

To top it all I had an MoT advisory on replacing the front suspension arms. 

48 minutes ago, Grey RX said:

Just received a renewal quote on my 2009 RX450H which has increased from £700 to £1000. I know premiums are increasing across the board but that seems a bit steep. Anyone else have any experience with quotes for Ph 3 cars increasing dramatically? I’m wondering if the insurers can’t differentiate between the older, less stealable cars and the later vehicles which seem to be so easy they almost steal themselves. 

To top it all I had an MoT advisory on replacing the front suspension arms. 

I was with Tesco £340 last year new quote £620 😱went via Topcashback /confused/gocompare etc, best quote £444 via a broker called GoSkippy and cashback so sort of acceptable. Did the same with house insurance. 

When I think of how much I must have spent on Insurance over the last 50 yrs - maybe £30K + ???

I must have claimed about £6K for various minor matters. An accident or two and a sodden carpet from a leak.

I would have been a lot better off not bothering. But - big BUT - it's the security and peace of mind I suppose. Unless they find a reason to rip you off on a claim like a friend just had for holiday insurance = undeclared pre-existing condition.

That video is a bit scary and maybe an element of truth in there.

I went to an Asda store this morning ( Yes I know I deserve Waitrose ) and was a bit miffed to see blatant facial recognition technology at the entrance. The cheeky sods want to know who I am and who knows what database they are uploading my whereabouts to.

It pays not to think too much about it otherwise we could get depressed. At least my motorbike is dumb and does not know anything - but after all it IS a Harley.

No, it's just a pigment of my imagination. Anyway it rains too much and I don't like cleaning it for 2 hours.

Just waiting for June ( the month that is) when we might get some sunshine and dry roads.😊

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

I was with Tesco £340 last year new quote £620 😱went via Topcashback /confused/gocompare etc, best quote £444 via a broker called GoSkippy and cashback so sort of acceptable. Did the same with house insurance. 

Sounds like not a bad outcome in the end. Well done. I’ll have the excitement of doing this over Christmas. 

On 12/19/2023 at 12:13 PM, Mossypossy said:

Oh! Have you got a motorbike?

Yes mate, that pic was on my enduro bike taken in the Picos Mountains in Spain a few years ago.

My current ride is a Kawasaki Z1000SX which I love and have toured all over Europe on. Holland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal etc.

Oh and the insurance for a 1000 cc motorbike with 140 odd BHP 165 mph  and 0 to 60 of 3 seconds ……….. £137 🤔

• 4 weeks later...

I've just wasted not far short of a day of my life searching to improve upon my current insurers renewal quote of £650 that compares to last year's figure of £432.  That's a 50% increase during which time I've not needed to contact them at all @ 1st Central.

I've been to Direct Line (£1,550), Aviva (£797), Saga (£1,029), LV (£1,087) plus the many comparison sites from which the best premium on offer was through some weirdly named broker called 'Go Skippy' - who Philip has encountered above - @ £642 BUT with a £1220 compulsory excess!!  No thanks, my current excess is £350.

Are we all being tarred with the same Lexus CANbus theft brush or can I blame Brexit?  Covid?  Sunak?  Johnson?  Truss?  Putin?  Israel/Hamas?  The Houthis?  Anyway, however stupefied and apolitical I feel I shall reluctantly have to take the hit on the chin.

• Sad 3

Wealthy Surrey Lexus owner,  l think you’re ripe for being ripped off ……. tried Chris Knott yet ? 

Malc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my best quote this year was from Hastings direct.  Problem is that a lot of people ( obviously non- Lexus drivers ) will find that no insurance and cloned number plates is the best option these days.

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2024 at 2:50 PM, Malc1 said:

Wealthy Surrey Lexus owner,  l think you’re ripe for being ripped off ……. tried Chris Knott yet ? 

Malc 

Wealth ... 😂!  As in the eye of the beholder you must mean! 🤣

And yes, Chris Knott came back with a best of £798, funnily enough through LV, nearly £300 less than LV's online quote. Oh how I hate the vagaries of insurance quotes. 🙄

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links