Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RX450h e-cvt or e-four What's the difference

Hello esteemed and  RX owners .  I'm still searching for a replacement RX.   I'm trying to assess values.  Parker's list 2 versions of the F-Sport Takumi pack: an e-CVT or an e-four?   What pray sagacious owners is the difference?  How does one tell if it is not listed in the advert?

e-CVT is basically the electronic constantly variable transmission fitted to all Lexus hybrids.

e-Four is the electric version of all wheel drive whereby a third electric motor mounted on the rear axle/differential that aids traction in slippery situations. It is not permanently operating, only when the car believes it is necessary. 

AFAIK all RX hybrids are both e-CVT and e-Four, someone will confirm or deny I'm sure.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brunel said:

Hello esteemed and  RX owners .  I'm still searching for a replacement RX.   I'm trying to assess values.  Parker's list 2 versions of the F-Sport Takumi pack: an e-CVT or an e-four?   What pray sagacious owners is the difference?  How does one tell if it is not listed in the advert?

Which years are you looking at?

I believe all of the hybrid RXs are E-Four and E-CVT bar the RX500h which is direct 4 and 6 speed auto

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Which years are you looking at?

I believe all of the hybrid RXs are E-Four and E-CVT bar the RX500h which is direct 4 and 6 speed auto

This is my understanding as well, for the current generation anyway.

If you are looking at an RX series IV (2016-2022) then ignore Parker's different categories of CVT, e-CVT and E-Four - all the vehicles have an e-CVT and AWD (the same as your RX400h). The reason is mainly Lexus marketing and the way they gave different descriptions for the same thing over the years.

Also ignore the seemingly wild variation in mpg - the 2016-2022 date period covers the transition from one official testing method to the newer more accurate one (i.e. lower figures) - they all essentially have the same real-world economy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links