Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone seen an LS430 in Europe?

So I was wondering if anyone has got up close to an LS430 anywhere in Europe? 

The reason that I am curious is because I've lived on and off in Italy since childhood and done lots of European driving since getting my license 5 years back. In all that time I'm lucky enough to spot an LS430 in the UK for a start, however I have never ever seen one on European soil. 

Looking at car ads in Italy and some other EU countries they do seem to be out there but in even smaller numbers than over here. Often when I'm abroad I'll see an old barge a few cars ahead and almost think it might be my lucky sighting but it turns out to be an old E class Merc or something like that when I get up close.

So has anyone seen any when on their travels abroad? Or any LS series for that matter? Even better do you have pics? 

• Like 1

Below a vid from last week of the Dutch Autoweek, ( Autoexpress). Its of course in Dutch but you can have it subtitled in English. Guy bought the car as a daily and wonders in what state it is and has it checked out. BTW a 430 is as rare as it can be seems theyre all gone or not sold in numbers. The 400 has been discovered by the tuning/carscene though. Below as it should be, 100% original!

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 7:11 PM, Newbie777 said:

I was thinking, damn, if I had the four seater I could work at the back with my computer, more comfy than what I have at home.lol. I may see if there is an an aftermarket folding laptop table to use in the car.

Also I was adamant I wanted the ls600 with the rsr package and the 2010 model as it had bluetooth audio and few key updates, I found out these are rare  and much more expensive than the previous models,  lucky I got mine fairly cheap.

Reliability that is something I still can't believe, but not complaining.

18 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Was very surprised to see an LS400 Mk1/2 in France back in 2019:

Lexus  LS400

I certainly can't recall any 430s from my French holidays.

Brilliant shot! I remember seeing your post on this some years back.

The driver looks like Inspector Clouseau.🤣 It must have been a one in a million experience to see that!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Below a vid from last week of the Dutch Autoweek, ( Autoexpress). Its of course in Dutch but you can have it subtitled in English. Guy bought the car as a daily and wonders in what state it is and has it checked out. BTW a 430 is as rare as it can be seems theyre all gone or not sold in numbers. The 400 has been discovered by the tuning/carscene though. Below as it should be, 100% original!

This was a great video! Lexus must be very rare in the Netherlands. I agree that stock is the only way to go, in every circumstance. 

I thought about this recently, although in the UK - I've seen a fair few LS400's and quite a few SC430s' but only a handful of LS430's about, always give/receive a flash of the lights or a beep from all however, even the odd comment here and there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DomTurner said:

I thought about this recently, although in the UK - I've seen a fair few LS400's and quite a few SC430s' but only a handful of LS430's about, always give/receive a flash of the lights or a beep from all however, even the odd comment here and there.

I'm going to start doing this if/when I drive past another one! 

6 hours ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

Where exactly was this if you recall? 

Near St-Antonin-Noble-Val in the Tarn-et-Garonne department,so quite a way down south. It's possible that it belonged to someone from outside the country who had perhaps brought the Lexus with them, there were Dutch and Norwegian people in the area.

• Like 1

On several occasions over more than a decade on visits to Denmark I have seen what I assume to be the same silver LS430.  My sightings of it have all been along Strandvejen, namely the coast road north of Copenhagen which includes some of the country's wealthiest suburbs.  If, as seems likely, it was imported new, the list price would have been upwards of DKK1.5 mio., which, if memory serves, was the equivalent of £125K in the early 2000s.  At that price it would have been a top manager's company car and certainly not privately owned.  At any rate, there would have been very few.

The only LS430 I have ever seen in Italy was a couple of years ago in a car-park in Milan and it had Rumanian plates.  It was white, refurbished inside in red velvet with tassels and fringes, and I suspect it belonged to a gypsy.  Hopefully it was only passing through on its way to somewhere else.

I don't recall ever seeing one in Germany, which I find strange given that long autobahn drives often result in the sighting of a quite comprehensive cross-section of the past and present European car population including a few rarities.  

• Like 1

I used to drive over much of Europe holidaying in my Ls400 from time to time and been pulled over by traffic police fascinated to “ explore” my car having never seen one before 

In France Spain and Italy …..specifically  last driving holiday there in 2019 maybe 🤔

Malc 

it’s now rare to see a Ls430 here in the uk too 

• Like 1

I live in the west of Holland, about half way between Amsterdam and The Hague. Between 2000 and 2012, I lived here about 4 months every year and brought my British LS400 with me. In that time, I didn't see another LS.

In 2012 we decided to spend about 8 months a year here and bought a Dutch LS460. Since then I've seen two others - both at the dealer's.

There is an LS430 somewhere close to me, I've seen it parked in a shopping mall car park but never had a chance to talk to the owner.

The original, Dutch registered, LS400 (1993) can be seen in the Louwman Museum in The Hague. It's a great museum, well worth a visit.

The LS is a very rare beast in Holland.

• Like 1

Widening the geography a great deal, I'm fortunate enough to be able to spend a lot of time in the Middle East and can happily confirm that the 430s are genuinely everywhere. I also see a large number of 460s daily and depending on which country you are in there are quite a few 400s.

In Oman in particular, there are so many 400s and 430s its completely jaw-dropping, I'd estimate at least 1 in 10 ratio!

Across a lot of the ME, the locals love them and often they will be kept and used for for long journey's/commutes because they are so comfortable and reliable. Even if you have new cars and large 4x4s there is frequently a 400 or 430 kept alongside them for the longer distance journeys or even run of the mill day to day work. 

In UAE the 430 is nicknamed the "F16" because its the one that often comes behind you  in the fast lane and flashes you really quickly to move over. The 400 is known as "The King of the Road".

I often get approached to sell my restored gold 400 (The Golden Goddess) over here because they are much loved.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stanwithaplan said:

Widening the geography a great deal, I'm fortunate enough to be able to spend a lot of time in the Middle East and can happily confirm that the 430s are genuinely everywhere. I also see a large number of 460s daily and depending on which country you are in there are quite a few 400s.

In Oman in particular, there are so many 400s and 430s its completely jaw-dropping, I'd estimate at least 1 in 10 ratio!

Across a lot of the ME, the locals love them and often they will be kept and used for for long journey's/commutes because they are so comfortable and reliable. Even if you have new cars and large 4x4s there is frequently a 400 or 430 kept alongside them for the longer distance journeys or even run of the mill day to day work. 

In UAE the 430 is nicknamed the "F16" because its the one that often comes behind you  in the fast lane and flashes you really quickly to move over. The 400 is known as "The King of the Road".

I often get approached to sell my restored gold 400 (The Golden Goddess) over here because they are much loved.

What a fabulous post !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2023 at 8:20 AM, Rabbers said:

On several occasions over more than a decade on visits to Denmark I have seen what I assume to be the same silver LS430.  My sightings of it have all been along Strandvejen, namely the coast road north of Copenhagen which includes some of the country's wealthiest suburbs.  If, as seems likely, it was imported new, the list price would have been upwards of DKK1.5 mio., which, if memory serves, was the equivalent of £125K in the early 2000s.  At that price it would have been a top manager's company car and certainly not privately owned.  At any rate, there would have been very few.

The only LS430 I have ever seen in Italy was a couple of years ago in a car-park in Milan and it had Rumanian plates.  It was white, refurbished inside in red velvet with tassels and fringes, and I suspect it belonged to a gypsy.  Hopefully it was only passing through on its way to somewhere else.

I don't recall ever seeing one in Germany, which I find strange given that long autobahn drives often result in the sighting of a quite comprehensive cross-section of the past and present European car population including a few rarities.  

Was it a facelift or pre facelift that you used to see? The one in Milan sounds terrible 😅. I'd figured that the greatest chance of ever seeing one in Italy is probably in a rich city somewhere like Milan Venice etc..... 

Talking of which we may be driving the Lexus down to Italy around Easter time so if I keep my fingers crossed I may bump into one somewhere this time round 🤞

5 hours ago, Stanwithaplan said:

Absolutely brilliant 🤩. Just the other day I was at BP in London and got approached by a Lebanese man calling me "boss" and complimenting the car, wanting to look at it. He told me about his late Father's Merc in Lebanon that the family still keeps locked away. I think he said it was an old E class. Even at Newland's Corner I was approached by a couple of young JDM fanatics who complimented the car and asked me loads of questions about it. Can't go anywhere really 😉 

My Dad actually has a gold 430 but it's enjoyed occasionally, rest of the time pampered in the garage. 20 yrs later it still smells like the day we got it. 

I've always known about the huge love for the LS and Lexus in general in the Middle East and an ophthalmologist from somewhere over there actually told me at an appointment that oftentimes, Lexus are inherited and left as legacies in the family over in UAE. 

Love the F16 nickname, the engines in these are so utterly brilliant that you just don't realise the speed that you've got to. Best feeling in the world. 

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 9:13 AM, Tulpen said:

I live in the west of Holland, about half way between Amsterdam and The Hague. Between 2000 and 2012, I lived here about 4 months every year and brought my British LS400 with me. In that time, I didn't see another LS.

In 2012 we decided to spend about 8 months a year here and bought a Dutch LS460. Since then I've seen two others - both at the dealer's.

There is an LS430 somewhere close to me, I've seen it parked in a shopping mall car park but never had a chance to talk to the owner.

The original, Dutch registered, LS400 (1993) can be seen in the Louwman Museum in The Hague. It's a great museum, well worth a visit.

The LS is a very rare beast in Holland.

Had a look at the museum from dutchie01's link he provided. It looks like a great day out, especially if there's an LS400 in there.

Must have been fun getting a 460 over in the Netherlands. How was the experience? What condition are they in over there in general. I've seen frequently in the UK that some people are buying them for cheap easy power and so some are getting a but neglected sadly which is terrible. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

Had a look at the museum from dutchie01's link he provided. It looks like a great day out, especially if there's an LS400 in there.

Must have been fun getting a 460 over in the Netherlands. How was the experience? What condition are they in over there in general. I've seen frequently in the UK that some people are buying them for cheap easy power and so some are getting a but neglected sadly which is terrible. 

I bought my 460 from the Lexus dealer in Breda in 2013. It had been the garage demonstrator then the MD's personal transport, so it had been very well looked after. Cars, in general, are in good condition over here - second-hand prices are pretty high. The conditions of the roads has, in my opinion, a lot to do with it. In a recent survey, the roads in Holland and Switzerland were considered to be the best in the world.

The Louwman museum in The Hague is really great. I've been there a few times when friends and relatives are visiting. As I said, the 400 on exhibit is the first one sold in Holland.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

Was it a facelift or pre facelift that you used to see? The one in Milan sounds terrible 😅. I'd figured that the greatest chance of ever seeing one in Italy is probably in a rich city somewhere like Milan Venice etc..... 

Talking of which we may be driving the Lexus down to Italy around Easter time so if I keep my fingers crossed I may bump into one somewhere this time round 🤞

TBH I’m not too well versed in the niceties of generational changes to the LS430 but, based on a certain “boxiness” of appearance, I would bet on the “Danish” example being an early model.  What I remember about the ghastly “Rumania/Milan” example since it was parked with its tail to me, is that it had twin exhausts, which, unless I’m mistaken, would make it a facelift model.  

I would think your best chance, even though it’s a very slim one, of clapping eyes on an early LS in Italy would be in the Rome area.  It is said that the original Rome Lexus dealership in its early days sold more cars to the local diplomatic community alone than were sold by all other dealers in Italy put together.  

I went to a friends 60th birthday party in 2019 in Linden and was followed the last 5 miles to my hotel by another LS430. It was German registered and we chatted for about 30 mins after he reassured me he wasn't a weirdo. 🤣 He had never seen another in Germany. He bought his silver/grey 05 in Austria in about 2008 and it was in really good condition when I saw it. I mentioned this forum but he said he didn't use the internet.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 5:29 PM, Rabbers said:

TBH I’m not too well versed in the niceties of generational changes to the LS430 but, based on a certain “boxiness” of appearance, I would bet on the “Danish” example being an early model.  What I remember about the ghastly “Rumania/Milan” example since it was parked with its tail to me, is that it had twin exhausts, which, unless I’m mistaken, would make it a facelift model.  

I would think your best chance, even though it’s a very slim one, of clapping eyes on an early LS in Italy would be in the Rome area.  It is said that the original Rome Lexus dealership in its early days sold more cars to the local diplomatic community alone than were sold by all other dealers in Italy put together.  

Crikey that's interesting. Rome is already on my bucket list. Amazingly haven't been there despite spending so much time in the country. Ill go looking 🤩

The facelift ones have two exhaust tips in total. One on each side. If there were any more than two on there then they must have modded those as well 🤐

20 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

I went to a friends 60th birthday party in 2019 in Linden and was followed the last 5 miles to my hotel by another LS430. It was German registered and we chatted for about 30 mins after he reassured me he wasn't a weirdo. 🤣 He had never seen another in Germany. He bought his silver/grey 05 in Austria in about 2008 and it was in really good condition when I saw it. I mentioned this forum but he said he didn't use the internet.

That's the kind of thing I would do to be honest 😆

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links