Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has the Relax warranty saved anybody yet?

CT200NI

Hearing a lot about the Relax warranty and how it's worth getting. I'll have 3 more years of eligibility with my CT.  I've never really bothered with dealer servicing before (even on my current 5.5 year old Toyota). I just got genuine parts / fluids from the dealer twice a year for DIY servicing. 

But given that at minimum, I will need to get a Hybrid Health Check every year, that softens the blow of the cost..

Just curious for any of you here (particularly with CT200h but other models also welcome) - has the Relax warranty saved you yet? How much did it save and what jobs were done?

I had the full paid warranty from when I bought our 2014 in 2018. 1st year free then 4 years for the price of 2 before at 10yr old it is now under relax in the six years of ownership the only fault fixed under warranty was rusty caliper pins and  rubbers. So I guess from a reliability point of view the paid warranty was a waste of money lol!

Cars been faultless otherwise and always serviced by Lexus Birmingham, it might be a little more expensive perhaps, I have the 3 year deals with last one about £1100 for 2 majors and a minor including all parts hybrid check and mot. Happy with that as they pick it up and drop it off and always go the extra yard if I need anything done in a hurry, rare to get loyalty both ways IMO.

Also having a decent factory warranty negates the tendency to find unneeded add on work I think, but to each his own I guess.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 10:32 AM, Poundy said:

I had the full paid warranty from when I bought our 2014 in 2018. 1st year free then 4 years for the price of 2 before at 10yr old it is now under relax in the six years of ownership the only fault fixed under warranty was rusty caliper pins and  rubbers. So I guess from a reliability point of view the paid warranty was a waste of money lol!

Cars been faultless otherwise and always serviced by Lexus Birmingham, it might be a little more expensive perhaps, I have the 3 year deals with last one about £1100 for 2 majors and a minor including all parts hybrid check and mot. Happy with that as they pick it up and drop it off and always go the extra yard if I need anything done in a hurry, rare to get loyalty both ways IMO.

Also having a decent factory warranty negates the tendency to find unneeded add on work I think, but to each his own I guess.

I'm in a very similar position to OP (also with a 2017 F Sport). This will be my first Lexus service, although last year the car was serviced with Lexus, so it has the 12 month Relax warranty.

Let's say the service itself uncovers that additional parts and thus labour are needed - stuff that is covered by the Relax warranty. Would these parts and labour be covered under the warranty itself, or are any problems that are detected during service not covered under the warranty?

In other words, are out of pocket expenses beyond the service cost itself possible? Thanks!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, clonzana said:

In other words, are out of pocket expenses beyond the service cost itself possible? Thanks!

Only if wear and tear items need replacing - e.g. wiper blades/rubbers, bulbs, brake pad/discs, tyres etc.

Anything that is covered by Relax and found during a service would be covered (provided you have Relax coverage to start with - i.e. you cannot have no warranty, take it for service and expect existing faults to be fixed, only once you have a clean bill of health would the 12 month warranty be issued).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clonzana said:

I'm in a very similar position to OP (also with a 2017 F Sport). This will be my first Lexus service, although last year the car was serviced with Lexus, so it has the 12 month Relax warranty.

Let's say the service itself uncovers that additional parts and thus labour are needed - stuff that is covered by the Relax warranty. Would these parts and labour be covered under the warranty itself, or are any problems that are detected during service not covered under the warranty?

As long as the car is covered under relax, you will pay the service cost regardless, plus any not covered items eg wear and tear. Any additional work covered under Relax warranty will be parts and Labour FOC.

Of course any pre existing failed items before the Lexus service started, may not be covered. Think of it as getting your car up to scratch, then getting a year on year warranty with every service.

To be fair not many cars stack up to CT's reliability in the yearly ratings. It's always been there or thereabouts. Perhaps why Lexus are prepared to stand by them for 10yrs, while benefitting from the service income.

• Like 1

Would the relax warranty cover the key fob Battery, I only ask as the dash says my fob Battery is low, I would normally do this kind of thing myself but I watched a video on Battery replacement for the Lexus but can I hell get the top off the fob using the fob key or a screw driver, thought I was going to break it. It's a fair way to my nearest Lexus dealer and I considered dropping in to a Toyota dealer to see it they could help out.

1 hour ago, Kaptkremmin said:

Would the relax warranty cover the key fob battery, I only ask as the dash says my fob battery is low, I would normally do this kind of thing myself but I watched a video on battery replacement for the Lexus but can I hell get the top off the fob using the fob key or a screw driver, thought I was going to break it. It's a fair way to my nearest Lexus dealer and I considered dropping in to a Toyota dealer to see it they could help out.

My key fobs slide open-remove key and slide cover toward the top of the fob. Hopefully yours is the same.

4 hours ago, Kaptkremmin said:

Would the relax warranty cover the key fob battery, I only ask as the dash says my fob battery is low, I would normally do this kind of thing myself but I watched a video on battery replacement for the Lexus but can I hell get the top off the fob using the fob key or a screw driver, thought I was going to break it. It's a fair way to my nearest Lexus dealer and I considered dropping in to a Toyota dealer to see it they could help out.

No it wouldn't but it is part of the service (at least in my experience). I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer would replace it FOC.

That said the handbook shows two types of key

image.thumb.png.e69ed4af4c2502b18e51e6ddc9f0cc86.png

image.thumb.png.5e986b25507aab5655608b5c0f9e9a6e.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kaptkremmin said:

Would the relax warranty cover the key fob battery

No. It is a consumable item. It should be changed on a major service (it used to explicitly be part of the service but I've found dealers to be inconsistent with doing this), and a new Battery should last you two years for when the next service is due but if it were to go flat before you needed a service then you would have to DIY or pay for it to be replaced.

image.thumb.png.d54e2883ca3b615bef22f364eaf285d3.png

17 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

No it wouldn't but it is part of the service (at least in my experience). I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer would replace it FOC.

That said the handbook shows two types of key

image.thumb.png.e69ed4af4c2502b18e51e6ddc9f0cc86.png

image.thumb.png.5e986b25507aab5655608b5c0f9e9a6e.png

Excellent, thanks for that I've been levering the dam fob the wrong way, mines type A yes it slides forward, great stuff.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links