Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mods and Insurance

Interesting post for me.

As a newbie here, would be interested to know what work they consider they need to know about.

Do horns count, how about painted calipers? Where do they draw the line?

I know they want more premium, but there must be some things they do not want to know about.

:?:

I'm just getting insurance quotes at the moment. They don't seem bothered with my painted calipers or replacement fog lights. But I tell them and let them make the judgement - that way I'm safe if I need to make a claim. I don't want to right my car off only for them to say - sorry we're not paying out because you've changed the whatever and didn't tell us.

I have told my insurance company about all my mods, Lowered suspension, bigger wheels, Body kit etc etc.

What happened?

After each mod they sent me a new insurance certificate and the cost nothing.:cool::cool:

Originally posted by lexussport

I have told my insurance company about all my mods, Lowered suspension, bigger wheels, Body kit etc etc.

What happened?

After each mod they sent me a new insurance certificate and the cost nothing.:cool::cool:

No need to rub it in Dave. I don't think my insurance will be quite as nice as that :mad:

Originally posted by dark_is200

The addition of the Dragger, Hiper Dampers and Cusco struts was another GBP 40 on the years insurance (very reasonable - much better than I thought).

£170 extra a year they just told me at Direct Line!! I've only been driving 2 years but that seems a hell of a lot.

They work out performance mods by % bhp increase and this is for 0-10 % 11-20 % is nearly double!:o:o

Ive asked my insurance company too, which incidently is the privilage. They also go on hp increase, for the exhaust it was bugger all about £20 more & about £50 more for the springs & anti roll bars. I think the way they look at it is that you are going to drive faster with these mods on, which isnt really far from the truth!! I know I have!!!:lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links