Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Which year model CT200H to go for?

Hello everyone and hopefully your CT200' are treating you well. Just thought I better inquire as to which is best to go for in terms of reliabilty and easy to service at home etc etc.

Sometimes in the LS430 it can become quite a chore getting to work and back without spending most of the earnings on fuel. Thankfully the wife passed last year and the odd occassion I've used her Honda 1.4 Civic it's been a pleasant exp at not spending so much at the fuel stations.

Now she's almost had a full years ownership of her first car we've agree to upgrade and a CT200H seems to tick all the boxes. Just don't wanna end up with one that's a problem mark/year!

Thanks again for your input which is always appreciated.

8 hours ago, Redefined said:

Hello everyone and hopefully your CT200' are treating you well. Just thought I better inquire as to which is best to go for in terms of reliabilty and easy to service at home etc etc.

Sometimes in the LS430 it can become quite a chore getting to work and back without spending most of the earnings on fuel. Thankfully the wife passed last year and the odd occassion I've used her Honda 1.4 Civic it's been a pleasant exp at not spending so much at the fuel stations.

Now she's almost had a full years ownership of her first car we've agree to upgrade and a CT200H seems to tick all the boxes. Just don't wanna end up with one that's a problem mark/year!

Depends upon your budget, go for the best spec and age you can afford. The last updated model was 2018 onwards, these are pretty good at F Sport or Takumi spec. Go for the premium nav system (10" screen) Tech Pack and Convivence pack.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

CT is an excellent little car.  The sweet spot may be to go for a post 2014 facelift model which improved the build and ride and will have zero road tax. Post 2018 models look even better but I do not know if there any further mechanical improvements.  They really are bullet proof and hugely economical with the best build and interior finish in class.  

2015 onwards ideally. It is rare in the UK but older engines can have excessive oil consumption due to clogging of the piston rings - parts were redesigned in 2015.

On 4/17/2024 at 11:30 PM, Redefined said:

Sorry but I had to read your post twice when you said Thankfully the wife passed last year. LOL. I'd agree with what's been posted but if I'd had a choice before I bought mine I'd have looked for one with a reversing camera. We tend to use the Wife's Yaris for the weekly shopping run as I'm paranoid about supermarket car parks and save the CT for a more eventful run and on the up side the 2015 Yaris is only £35 road tax and the Lexus is nothing as it's a 2014 so the only really cost is the insurance for both cars, she's just had her renewal through for £275 an increase of £25 which we're not bothered about, gotta wait till next month to find out how much mine will be.

• Haha 2

I'm not sure how old you are but try one first if your pensionable like us, the wife wants me to change the CT as she struggles to get in and out of it as it's a 2014, we've only had it a year and I'm happy but she's not, unfortunately a 2014 passenger seat does not lift up and she says she falls into it, where as after 2014 the the passenger seat is adjustable, worth a mention.

• Like 2

Thanks to you all. Unfortunately the budget was/is tight so I went with the suggestion of getting the best we could afford. This little beauty with excellent service history (full) and no advisories as the owner would get everything done as soon as it was needed.

Turned out he was one of the local imams who we finally recognised after we went to the masjid where he leads the congregational prayers. He'd sat in a talk I'd done for the kids after my Everesting attempt (up and down a rocly path on my mountain bike until I reached the hieght of Everest... which I never did) last year and we finally cottoned on.

Anyway, he's giving it a full valet. Allowe me to knock him down to £6200 from the asking price of £6900. Well he knocked it down himself to £6500 after I asked politely and I think he realised I was genuine. Then the few niggles I brought to attention - wiper blade arms corroded and wing mirror slightly dinged - we agreed could cost me around £300 if I did the work myself.

To top it all off, after the sale was agreed he calls to let me know that for some reason they forgot to stamp the last service, so that was rebooked for another service and a stamp. He paid. Also, upon discussing spare keys he agreed to have a second key recoded for me for only £100 from a contact (so now I have 4 keys, 2 of which are new/newish). Yet to collect it but it's black leathers which won't need too much looking after.

To top it all off, he's owned it since 2014 before which it was a cimpany car. On 2011 plate so most definitely not a taxi and the interior is excellent...

Thanks all... Pics below (maybe once I've collected).

Screenshot_20240510_234141_AutoTrader.thumb.jpg.662b708fee6055dcca9b01dc039220d9.jpg

The wife doesn't actually like the colour (too much of a mans colour apparently and not a 'baby blue' as I tried to describe it). But I'm sure it'll grow on her God Willing.

Everyone has a preferred colour, that's better than the baby flat blue Toyota have started using but look on the plus side it's free road tax.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 11:44 PM, Redefined said:

Screenshot_20240510_234141_AutoTrader.thumb.jpg.662b708fee6055dcca9b01dc039220d9.jpg

The wife doesn't actually like the colour (too much of a mans colour apparently and not a 'baby blue' as I tried to describe it). But I'm sure it'll grow on her God Willing.

Nice colour, enjoy.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links