Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Dealer Awards

To be fair these awards are a little bit of a joke... Best Private Bank, Best Car Dealer... they are not strictly speaking "bought", but there are publications and awards that are set-up in such a way that it makes the brand to look good either way. Sort of "you are most beautiful woman named Karen I met in last 30 seconds" compliment. As you can see from nominations - dozen centres got awards in some category and there are no second places and no losers, everyone is a winner!

Also it is quite clear that these are just Lexus centres, so it really says nothing about how they compare overall (even if I believe Lexus would still be better than most other brands). 

In short what I am saying - there are not very objective awards. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

To be fair these awards are a little bit of a joke

Yes, It's a bit like some wine awards. You pay to enter the wine in the competition knowing that almost every wine will get an award and a sticker for the bottle. Medal stickers sell wines to certain folk.  Some competitions are genuine, others not so much.

Chateau Turcaud | Vins médaillés

• Like 1

I just looked at the link to the lexus awards and the picture at the top. I was going to make some polite sensible comment but.....🤢🤐🤮.

I now have the problem of getting that picture out of my mind.

These are awards made by Lexus to the dealers in their network. There is no paying to enter, and not 'everyone is a winner' because clearly some dealers didn't win anything. It's who Lexus GB believe are best in these categories.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 9:00 AM, Dippo said:

These are awards made by Lexus to the dealers in their network. There is no paying to enter, and not 'everyone is a winner' because clearly some dealers didn't win anything. It's who Lexus GB believe are best in these categories.

Should it not be the customers (?)

As Stoke would be at the bottom & Snows of Exeter at the top from my experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VFR said:

Should it not be the customers (?)

As Stoke would be at the bottom & Snows of Exeter at the top from my experience.

Exeter? From my experience they would be bottom. Service department is dire. As I say, my experience but based on a lot of poor service.

They are all a bit iffy and expensive.😝. But not as iffy and expensive as Porsche dealers:scared:🚙

5 hours ago, GMB said:

They are all a bit iffy and expensive.😝. But not as iffy and expensive as Porsche dealers:scared:🚙

Entirely agree....as my bank balances can show,and I can also sleep better.

• Like 1

Overheard at the Porsche service waiting room.

How much?

£2400 quid mate

Are you sure? It's only a minor service?

That's the normal price buddy

It's outrageous!

Well you did buy a Porsche pal!

We gave it a free wash'n'scratch and the mechanic did a road test - 2 miles down the ring road bouncing off the rev limiter, that's normally extra matey.

How do you want to pay?

8 hours ago, John Adams said:

Exeter? From my experience they would be bottom. Service department is dire. As I say, my experience but based on a lot of poor service.

Yes it’s a funny old world as most on here (so I read) who use Stoke give the place a thumbs up. 

5 minutes ago, VFR said:

Yes it’s a funny old world as most on here (so I read) who use Stoke give the place a thumbs up.

I bought my car from Stoke and they were very helpful with a document issue that they sorted out for me.

2 hours ago, GMB said:

I bought my car from Stoke and they were very helpful with a document issue that they sorted out for me.

AH! You bought a car, another matter for someone who has not but needing a warranty issue looking at..

I burst out laughing when I saw this - as my infamous dealer is highlighted as an 'award winner'. 😳🤣

It would get an award from me alright - for being the worst dealer I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with in my 21 years of purchasing new cars and a place I couldn't possibly recommend to anyone for anything other than standard servicing. 

On 4/21/2024 at 6:57 PM, GMB said:
On 4/21/2024 at 6:51 PM, VFR said:

Can't really complain, overall they have been helpful and easy to communicate with and the car I bought has been absolutely 100%   ---   On the other hand they refused to put any more petrol in my new (used) car as it was showing empty.🤨. But maybe I got too good a deal and there was no more money left in it?🤔.  Cost me £80 only 5 minutes after buying it.🥲

On 4/19/2024 at 12:57 PM, Dippo said:

A scruffy lot. I really abhor this American trend of not wearing ties. I used to work for a large US multi-national Engineering firm and was always appalled when the awful CEO would do a broadcast sans tie.

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

A scruffy lot. I really abhor this American trend of not wearing ties. I used to work for a large US multi-national Engineering firm and was always appalled when the awful CEO would do a broadcast sans tie.

No-one wears a tie anymore. Except perhaps lawyers in court!

11 hours ago, Tickedon said:

No-one wears a tie anymore. Except perhaps lawyers in court!

The older you become the greater the amount of black tie occasions you attend.

• Like 1

Funerial attire at any age maybe ……. never want to wear one again but suspect I shall sadly 

Malc 

I wonder if they follow the same style of announcements as most TV competitions?

”In no particular order……..the Lexus dealer leaving the competition tonight is”……………………………………………….zzz…………………………..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links