Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rod hit me!

This morning on the way to work the car in front threw up something like a small metal rod from off the road. I now have scrape marks on the front grill and up across the bonnet and wing with a chip of paint off the wing too. :( :( :(

You seem to be forever having something hit you. Maybe its time to start taking the bus...

Yea - motorbikes, bad parkers, now metal missiles. Should have bought a skoda!

Did you get the number from the car in front? you can still make a claim!

Yes? Surely not? Really? Oh - didn't get his plate. :(

Too deep to T-cut out?

Dunno. I'm going to give it a try....

I don't believe it - I t-cut the area and the scratches are almost completely gone! :) :) :) They looked awful. I've used touch up paint on the chip - 2/3rds the size of a 5p and that's the only bit thats still noticeable. I'll put another coat then laquer and try to get it to the same depth as the rest of the paint. Hopefully it'll be less noticeable then or else I'll get ChipsAway to give it a proper go (thanks jonny-boy). Phew - it's not nearly as bad as I thought! :sniff: :bounce:

The deeper ones just don't shift but it's surprising how much it does shift odd grazes. Perhaps the paint is better for some colours, years etc. I don't seem to suffer as much with stone chips as some people - perhaps silver jan 2000 was a good vintage?

Had bad experiences with Chipsaway on a Merc ML-320 silver. bad job on the rear wheel arch just before the rear door. all buldged out and paint is like a badly painted/prepared concrete wall.

As for the T-cut... haven't dared to try yet since the IS paint is so useless..... Is it any differnt when using it on the bumper bits and the metal bits?

Had bad experiences with Chipsaway on a Merc ML-320 silver. bad job on the rear wheel arch just before the rear door. all buldged out and paint is like a badly painted/prepared concrete wall.

Thanks for the comment. They can't do much worse than my touch up job on the chipped paint. I'm going to go through the RAC for added come-back. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Is it any differnt when using it on the bumper bits and the metal bits?

I've had good results on both plastic (rear bumper) and metal (bonnet).

Hope it all goes well mate.....

I have bad scratches on both bumpers from idiots when parked on the street, And it's amazing to see how weak the paint is there, might go to the dealer to get them both resprayed (yes, it's that bad!) before I have to sell it.

good luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links