Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg

35mpg??? :huh:

Those are more than 1000km on a tank.... :ohmy:

No it's not. 35mpg works out at a theoretical 867km / 539mi for a 70 litre tank.

This is realistic. I often get over 500 miles between filling up and have had 533.5 on one occasion (with over a gallon still left in the tank).

Not disagreeing or anything but I can only dream of getting more than 500 miles from my car. As I said in an earlier post, I got 435 miles after driving unbelievable fuel conscious and running from a tank that was filled to the flap and refilling as I spluttered into the petrol station. No air con, roof rack, just me driving (ie. not weighed down).

Clearly mpg on the IS200 does very much depend on driving styles. I have found that if driven fairly (but not very) hard on mixed roads or at highish speeds on quiet motorways, I get around 400 miles from around 62 litres of Optimax (refilling when the warning light comes on). Driven more gently and smoothly (mostly at round 70 -75 mph on motorways) I have recently managed 490 miles on 63 litres, and that included 100 miles or so of winding B roads with frequest gear changes. I could probably have squeezed at least 530 miles from a single tank, had I risked running it really low. But I have no great wish to beat the 500 barrier now. Driving is generally much more fun when the petrol consumption is a little higher.

well i have a nice journey every day to work in mine

A34 M42 M6s get off at Cov (well somone has to)

I put £45.00 in at an avarge of .79p a litre

usually get 410 miles

car X reg IS200 Sport

is this good or bad, as i used to own a Vectra 1.8 W reg and from what i remember that was not far off that amount, But i know which i would choose

My Lexus every time

i dont drive hard and i dont drive light pedal usual speed 80mph or TDC of the clock (only on the Motorway) :winky:

Matt

Its freaking amazing! I get around 280 mile out of a full tank :ohmy::ohmy:

Yes with a heavy foot I also don't get much more out of it.

But between 300-400 miles is normal, so I cant believe that some people get

the doubled milage out of it.... maybe they shut off 2 cylinders... :P

Got 207 miles from 35 litres. I fill it up till it starts to overflow, then drive and top up again. All 210 miles in London on reasonably busy road that works out to 27 mpg or about 415 miles from a tankful. This isnt Optimax BTW, just regular unleaded from Shell

;) got 410 out of a full tank on saturday, all motorway with air con on.

normally get 26 round town and 32 ish on motorway but who gives a stuff about economy :lol: get the damn pedal to the metal and kick its **** B) :lol:

Get the beemers out of the third lane and let me past :lol::lol::lol:

It is very hard to drive a lexus economically, well I think it is any way :P

To a large extent it must be down to different driving styles and to a large extent it is clearly dependant on the roads or length of typical journeys; but could individual cars also be a factor? Are some IS200s simply more economical? Are there good ones and bad ones? Perhaps the bad ones compensate by being quicker?

I would hesitate to buy a IS300 because of the poor fuel economy. As one reviewer put it, they are quite rare sights now but may become more common, especially at petrol stations. The expression 'drinks like a fish' was also used by that reviewer- can't remember who it was or where, except that it was on the net.

ps just watched Tour leader Lance Armstrong climb to Alpe d'Huez at an average speed of around 15 mph over ten miles or so of 1 in 10 gradient. He needed a drink or three at the end - I wonder how many miles per gallon? Must be the world's greatest athlete.

Eek. Have tried resetting the ECU as I wondered if it was a bit excessive (ahem). I don't drive it particularly hard but most of my driving is town driving to and from work. I usually get 270 miles out of a tank, sometimes more if Mr Grove hasn't borrowed it.

Will try the chocolate buttons tip...!

With current costs of 79.9p a litre, £20 of unleaded gets me about 100-110 miles of town driving in my Series I GS. This is about 10-20 miles further than the same value of fuel in my last car (1989 Nissan 300ZX Z31, normally aspirated, auto), so to some extent I'm happy.

Just completed a trip from London to Manchester and back. Usual weekend traffic and a trip into central Manc in medium traffic on Saturday am.

Did the whole trip on 3/4 of a tank. Just done the maths - 31.12 mpg which is not that bad as we were three up with lots of luggage and the A/C going all the time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links