Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does This Belong To Anyone On Here?

Anees

Hi,

I was just wondering if this Altezza on eBay belonged to anyone on these forums. It looks fantastic in black with some massive looking alloys.

The BUY IT NOW price is £11,000. Is it worth it?

I was after an IS200, but this Altezza does look good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...8&rd=1&tc=photo

Is the Altezza auto better then the IS200 auto? I have gathered that the IS200 auto is really underpowered at low rev ranges. I did ideally want an IS300, but cannot really afford it - so the Altezza seems a good bet.

Thanks,

Anees

Hello mate, and welcome to the club !

To be honest, it's not bad, but for £11,000 you can get better, or as good.

Firstly, it doesn't have leather seats, that's not unusual for the Altezza, yes you can put them in your self afterwards, but that means spending more money etc.

To be honest, if you think for £11,000 that was good, for another £1,175 you could get your self a TOP CLASS IS200 for sale, and it's quicker than that altezza you have seen, check out

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=16729&

That the post, read it form top to bottom, info on the car is also available.

Hope you find the car your looking for,

Regards,

whats with the pics of it

the wheels look terrible

the car looks like its just had a few buckets of dirty water thrown on it

its got VW mats

registered in 2002 or 2001 says both

if its a 2001, which it is, being a 51 it will be due an MOT any time now, if you were going to sell it surely you would get it done early!

i would keep looking

Agree with dobedo one hundred percent ,seems to be a few members cars for sale that knock spots of that one .Just the fact that it is wet when the pics were taken would put me of ,if i was ever selling a car with iffy paintwork the hose would come out for the pics and about 10 mins before anyone veiwed it :whistling: .Have a look though can't hurt to give it the once over we could be wrong and you might miss out on a corker :).good four hour drive if not more from manchester though

Thanks for the replys guys! :)

Yeah, I don't think this car is worth it afterall - I would not be able to check the car out before the auction ended due to work commitments.

I just thought that if it belonged to a member on here then I'd know it had been well looked after and cared for.

On goes my search. :)

If the guy is advertising it as an IS200 it must be the Altezza AS200 - which is almost exactly the same as the UK model.

The higher power RS200 has LESS torque at low revs than the IS - although saying that I've not driven the tiptronic and the torque curve is different.

It is a good enough price, altough a few things don`t add up, as already mentioned on here...

One that ISN`T mentioned, is the fact that a HPi check only covers its time since it has been registered over here... What about the time in Japan?...

If it is an AS200... why does it have the steering wheel from an RS??.. maybe due to a previous accident where the airbags have been deployed?

Has what looks like a Remus exhaust muffler too... might be an idea to get the previous owners phone number and call them??

Also, i always think its parculiar when the car is badge as something else...

Lexus grille... Lexus boot lid badge, some garages do this to trick people...

But hey, if all is well with the car... it is a good price...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links