Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New Light Project

BESTY

Looks great mate, you've done a top job there, the car looks mint :)

Did you take the orange bits out too?

Can I ask a stupid question as I've been thinking about this mod as it looks ace - does it affect the amount of light that is being chucked out onto the road at nighttime?

It certainly looks better, how has this affected the light brightness though

to norkep and aido,i didnt spray the inner chrome reflectors ,the round parts around the bulbs,i would imagine a slight loss in brightness will occur but not too much,will let you know tommorow night when i`m out in it,duncan says not so i went with his recommendations.

Looks great mate, you've done a top job there, the car looks mint :)

Did you take the orange bits out too?

Can I ask a stupid question as I've been thinking about this mod as it looks ace - does it affect the amount of light that is being chucked out onto the road at nighttime?

norkep and aido,ive just been out to test the lights and they are fine,same as before lads,well i cant notice any difference anyway.so get to it boys :winky:

heres a pic of my new darkened front lights,took them apart and aprayed the reflectors in each lght with high temp black matt paint ,was a fiddly job but i like em. :) many thanks to duncan for the advice on what to do ,cheers pal.

%7Boption%7D

Looks fantastic Dave...

Come on then....tell me how you did it so I can knacker mine then :winky:

Neil

heres a pic of my new darkened front lights,took them apart and aprayed the reflectors in each lght with high temp black matt paint ,was a fiddly job but i like em. :) many thanks to duncan for the advice on what to do ,cheers pal.

%7Boption%7D

Looks fantastic Dave...

Come on then....tell me how you did it so I can knacker mine then :winky:

Neil

:lol:

I did a similar mod to my lights some months back , but I got the surrounds rechromed in a darker chrome , I didn't notice any loss in light output whatsoever either , and it looks much better/meaner IMHO.

I also did the fog lamps the same way , they're easier to take apart than the headlights btw...

post-63-1096314849.jpg

can you show us a picture of the re-join surface,, where the clear plastic lens is mated back to the grey plastic,,

when i did mine last year on the 200, the only problem is that area looking 'chewed'.. scoprians ones look nice with little if not any deformation..

im condifering doing mine but really dont want a chewed up edge look..

can you show us a picture of the re-join surface,, where the clear plastic lens is mated back to the grey plastic,,

when i did mine last year on the 200, the only problem is that area looking 'chewed'.. scoprians ones look nice with little if not any deformation..

im condifering doing mine but really dont want a chewed up edge look..

i thought you had done a set before in blue,hey if petes look good ask him to do yours.the sides of my lamps outside are spot on,the top edge inside is slightlly warped but not too bad,but its not seen anyway so who cares . :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links