Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting Problem

ayoob

Hello anybody out there that can help me....

I have noticed recently with my IS200 SE 2004 '53' Plate with less than 2500 miles on the clock that the :tsktsk: thing wont start.....

It takes numerous attempts to start it in the mornings....This mrng it wldnt start at all, just left it for an hour or so then tried it again, on the 3rd attempt this time it started...

Can anyone shed some light on this problem....the more i think about it the more i think lexus hav sold be a dud car....!!!

Well i got the RAC to tow the :tsktsk: thing to my local lexus dealer...they put it on the computer and a fault with the key reading device was located, so the part has been ordered and the work being carried out today.......service has been good BUT

why on earth has something like that gone rong with it in the space of 9 months...

I must admit its the worst car ive driven....!!!!....will never buy a lexus ever again, anyone wnt to buy mine..???

Can anyone help me sell it as im not a gold member and cannot place adds on the website

have you checked that the Battery is ok? even though it is a fairly new cat the Battery could be duff - this is a common problem if the Battery is a bit low., i used to get it all the time, sometimes it would start sometimes it wouldnt, changed the Battery and no problems.

what also helps is if u press and release the acc pedal once before starting the car.

Your local dealer should sort a straightforward problem like that pretty easily (I'd have thought they would have given you a courtesy car for a couple of days at least so they could leave it overnight and then try to start it in the morning).

Are you taking it back to Lexus Bradford? Why not try asking for a second opinion. Pop over to Lexus Leeds and ask for Dave - he's always been really keen on sorting things out.

Thanks for all the response..

The car was taken to Lexus Bradford where they carried out the Diagnostic check which highlighted the fault....

Apparently dnt no the technical wording for it, but it was the Key reading device within the engine that was not functioning properly...the part was ordered and replaced....So fingers crossed will find out tmrw mrng if it starts or not.....!!!

Courtesy cars..!!!!!

dnt make me laugh, 2 week waiting list for them apparently, so if it breaks down again, u cnt get a courtesy car the same day/week, had RAC to rent a car out for me...!!

Can anyone out there help me sell my Lexus IS200 SE 2004 '53' Plate as im not a gold member and not able to post the car on the website......

PLEASE...PLEASE....

so you have had one problem and its the worst car you have ever had.........................

sorry but oh diddums!!

maybe you should drive this  car of yours a little more to keep the battery charged :excl:

The car is on the Road everyday....

Maybe you could list the cars you have driven. :)

Not really a problem is it as the dealer has identified the prob and is being repaired at no cost to you,i bought mine nearly 3yrs ago and i've gotta say i've had no problems with it apart from buying a new Battery recently but thats just wear n tear.

No offence but do you really think someone is going to advertise your car when your putting the brand down ;)

suggest you go and buy a ford

you might appreciate the lexus then

Oi..nothing wrong with Fords Bazz :P

customer service mate

worlds apart

did i tell you about the new transit i brought

the one that broke down about 3 miles away from the dealer

having covered ...well about 3 miles !

customer service reply .......ring the rac , you have automatic cover !!

say no more !! :whistling:

Over the last 10 years more cars are arriving with a security device fitted that decides whether you have the correct key or not via a transponder.

I have had a few instances where the car has not started first time (including the Lex).

This is usually due to me putting the key in and immediately turning it from off to engaging starter motor. I have found that by inserting the key, turning slightly to engage ignition only, count to two before engaging starter motor works everytime.

My last Xantia was particularly prone to this, if I didn't count to 2, no chance.

Courtesy cars..!!!!!

dnt make me laugh, 2 week waiting list for them apparently, so if it breaks down again, u cnt get a courtesy car the same day/week, had RAC to rent a car out for me...!!

Lexus Leeds seemed to have a few knocking about the last time I was there - different dealer, different policy I suppose.

Can anyone out there help me sell my Lexus IS200 SE 2004 '53' Plate as im not a gold member and not able to post the car on the website......

PLEASE...PLEASE....

It's not very expensive to become a Gold member, why not just join? - you might even be able to transfer the membership over to the new owner once you've sold the car (is that possible guys?).

The problem is of course, if you advertise your car on this website then anyone with half a brain would search for your posts and see that you were unhappy with the car and you'd had problems - I think you'd really struggle to sell it on here.

Well Guys these are the cars ive had previously.

Toyota MR2

Mitsubishi Evo

Subaru Impretza

Golf GT TDI

Passat Highline GT TDI

Audi A4

Cars I have driven: (all driven for for than a month each)

BMW X5

BMW M3

Merc CLK and SLK

Porshe carrera 4

Audi TT

Range Rover

So i wld say im in a good position to remark on the difference in drives..

The worst car has to be the Audi TT, the handling is crap, more breakdowns than a skoda previous to VW taking charge.

Im not saying the lexus is totally crap, its looks is second to none, ive always thrived on its looks, but have been dissapointed with the drive and lack of power, must be the rear wheel drive...

Yes the transponder has only been the problem with the car, but was very suspicious with the notchy gear change which i continously took it to the lexus dealers, who in turn told me its the norm, like many of u have told me on my one other thread. this was mainly due to not knowing wat to exspect i suppose...

Never liked Fords..wld never touch them....

is anyone going to help sell my car then..???

the only problem is Was the key responder.....

the notchyness i asked about is the norm so no problem there, getting used to that anyway, been reading some of the replies so ive started giving it abit more revs before i change gear seems to work better...

2004 53 Plate

Scarletti red

2300 miles

looking at the 17K mark

I must admit its the worst car ive driven....!!!!....will never buy a lexus ever again, anyone wnt to buy mine..???
Im not saying the lexus is totally crap, its looks is second to none, ive always thrived on its looks, but have been dissapointed with the drive and lack of power, must be the rear wheel drive...

:P :D :P :D :P :D :P :D

Why not ask the dealer if they'd like to buy it back?

Toyota MR2

Mitsubishi Evo

Subaru Impretza

Golf GT TDI

Passat Highline GT TDI

Audi A4

BMW X5

BMW M3

Merc CLK and SLK

Porshe carrera 4

Audi TT

Range Rover

The worst car has to be the Audi TT, the handling is crap, more breakdowns than a skoda previous to VW taking charge.

Yes the transponder has only been the problem with the car, but was very suspicious with the notchy gear change which i continously took it to the lexus dealers, who in turn told me its the norm, like many of u have told me on my one other thread. this was mainly due to not knowing wat to exspect i suppose...

Never liked Fords..wld never touch them....

well i think that you are talking rubbish with regards to the worst car you have drove, i have owned a Old (1.8T) and a new Shape A4 (2.0 SE) not a bad car but does not come near the drive of the lexus, the range rover to i have drove a LOT and if you are taking about the old one which engine would you say drives better than the lexus?

The Range Rover, X5 are 4x4's so are totally different and you cannot compare them to the lexus drive, there is a £60,000 Porsche there well what can i say i would have to have a word if i payed 60,000 SPORTS car and it handled like a 4 door saloon. Also the M3 what shall we say close to £50,000 double the lexus price and more of a sports car than a saloon the only cars there you can compare (as with the same type of car are the Golf GT TDI, Passat Highline GT TDI, Audi A4

As i said above with the audi. The golf is a good car i used to own a GTI same again more brut power than a cruising car, and the passat i cannot comment on because i haven't drove one but the overall package could not come close to the lexus.

Sorry about the rant.

Also why don't you GO GOLD to sell it then :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Toyota MR2

Mitsubishi Evo

Subaru Impretza

Golf GT TDI

Passat Highline GT TDI

Audi A4

BMW X5

BMW M3

Merc CLK and SLK

Porshe carrera 4

Audi TT

Range Rover

What's wrong with Skodas.. I was overtaken by one yesterday on the A34 (was resetting err3 on cd changer :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links