Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hmmm......great looking car.

If I had the cash I might just take the plunge.

What do you guys reckon I would get for my 1995 gs with 68000 on the clock, in good nick and full service history though not all Lexus.

Anyone know if the instrument dial illumination is a big problem to fix.

Paul- what's the consumption like on this model?

Always wanted the TT Aristo.

Shall I???

Yes ,recon you would get 4.5k for yours ,would imagine theres not much in the fuel consumption probaly dos a few miles less but think of all the fun you'll have.only drawback for me would be the lack of leather and the fact it is 14 years old .

If the GS TT is like the JDM Supra TT then you won't get over 20mpg average.

:crying: another good reason to stick with the one you have keith :lol:

We need to ask Paul what he gets. It may be better than the Supra or maybe it was the Supra owners I knew all had heavy feet. The Euro versions, as well as being more powerful, were better on fuel.

On a steady run - motorway, I've been able to get 33 MPG, thats just under 500 miles per tank, only used the TT's a few times. I normally do a mixture travelling to Luton every day, 6 miles motorway and the rest back roads - can get between 350 to 380 mles to a tank everytime - thats between 24 - 26 MPG. The most fuel I've put in is 70 Ltres costing £52 as of yesterday - unleaded 77.6, if I put Optimax in, 1 in every 3 fill ups, £58 for a tank of Optimax.

Now the fun part - if I play and kick the TT's alot, not sure of the MPG, but I can only get 150 to a tank if I'm lucky but kicks most other motors clean off the road.

TT's don't like the unleaded very much so if you know you are going to play, use optimax, if for casual driving, use unleaded - I do, TT's still kick in and blast past everything but tents to misfire ever-so-slightly when at the 6K on the rev counter, other than that runs well.

Take to plunge, just because it's not got leather is no reason. Leather is nice but very hard to keep clean when it's old due to the cracks that appear. Only the seats and door cards aren't leather, dash etc will be.

BR

Paul

In the description it mentions that the mirrors are electrically retractable  :blink:  is this part of the Vspec package does anyone know? Wondering how possible it would be to retroft to a bog std Mk1 sport...

Think this may be, of all the Aristo's I've seen, all have been able to retract the door mirrors. Shouldn't be that hard to put retractable door mirrors on a UK GS

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm......great looking car.

If I had the cash I might just take the plunge.

Anyone know if the instrument dial illumination is a big problem to fix.

Paul- what's the consumption like on this model?

Always wanted the TT Aristo.

Shall I???

Like a few of the others said,the mpg is good on the tt if driven lightly.

I found me LS400 was heavier on fuel and no where near as much performance.

As for a cheap fix for the dial illumination,for now ive painted both dials in white paint.In the daylight they are very easy to see,in the dark there alot better.

Im just having problems seeing where im going in the dark,these projector headlights are crap on my mk1 Aristo.

Does anyone know if the uk Lexus gs300 headlights are projector or the old style like in my mk1 LS400.

Thinking of putting uk headlights in if they give better light.

The LS400 headlights are head and shoulders above the Aristos.

Theres another TT Aristo on eBay if anyones interested

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4526885047&rd=1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links