Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tomtom Vs Origin B2

Hi,

I already have Tom Tom 3 with the sppedcamera updates from Pocket GPS Word. I would just like to know what the origin b2 can detect that the Tom Tom add-in can not?

Does the Origin b2 have a better speed camera database?

Thanks,

Anees :)

speed guns  :ph34r: but its norm to late anyway  :lol: the old bill will have, had you by then  :D  :lol:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

only laser ones by default which has Gord said if you get an alert you have probably already been measured.

I think there is an optional radar detector available

Tomtom uses checkpoint and it's the same database as used by Roadangel.

I thought Black Spot / Roadangel had their own database like Origin.

Origin claim they survey all the sites while the PocketGps & Checkpoint databases are user surveyed, so in theory the Origin one should be more accurate. I've used both and found the free ones OK (with a few false alarms). YMMV however.

Latest opinion is that the detector / jammer law won't be passed until mid 2006 at the earliest and may only affect jammers & radar detectors.

Latest opinion is that the detector / jammer law won't be passed until mid 2006 at the earliest and may only affect jammers & radar detectors.

Interesting. May I ask where you heard this timeframe?

And I thought jammers were already illegal.....

I bought the road angel about 2 years ago and recently got the median pocket nav thing and downloaded the poi onto it ,they both seem to do the job very well although the road angel failed to pick one up the other day that the sat nav got ,must admit though gets a bit loud in my car when a speed camera is close with both of them going off at the same time

I read a couple of things about this just after the second reading in mid January. One was in a newspaper and the other through a google search - unfortunately I can't find either now :blush:

The argument was that the bill is unlikely to go through its third reading in May without some debate or changes. There will also be an election around then as well and it has to get through the Lords. I don't know why they thought it would take another year though.

I believe they are but the Police have to go through the 'perverting the course ...' or 'obstructing an officer ...' route to convict. I think the idea is to make it a lot easier to get a conviction & also to stop suppliers.

They are ..............

the database for the TomTom (can you PM me a link BTW - my IPaq reset itself and i lost all my installs) is updated as and when, and will not be as comprehesive as say, the Origin updates..

That said, the Origin isnt fool-proof.. so is that extra 5-10% of updates really worth £400??

I used to have a road angel until Geoff bought it off me, as I said, I'm trialling tomtom Go & Navigator for work and they use the same databases, tomtom picks up the same static speed camera's as Road Angel.

On Roadangel it allows you to store new speed camera's when you drive past them and when you carry out a download it uploads new LAT & LONG's as well, seems a bit of cheek for Roadangel to charge for updates when checkpoint for Tomtom gives them for free!

And also the laser alert on the Roadangel never worked, many times was I driving and passed a mobile detector and it never ever went off.

Saying that Roadangel also alerts you of blackspots's which checkpoint doesn't do.

Horses for courses I reckon!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links