Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LOC Fundraising Event

Stu

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need a hooker count me in :D Havent played in 10 years now but im sure i wont of forgotten all the old tricks!!!!!

Nick

Seriously though i think rounders or 5 a side will be safer reminds me of the Local school derbys.......just like a night out at the pub at closing time!!

now im sure i mentioned sometime ago an Its a Knockout event..

i remember that.............quite expensive though

What about paintball?

My mate ownes a site in Bournemouth, if there was enough people (min 10 )you could poss have the site to yourself all day on an exclusive basis, how about arranging  a BBQ or picnic etc, also you are covered by the company's insurance.

His web site is here

think it worked out at 40 quid a person..... and let me tell you, that is CHEAPER than any paintball event, even if your mates with the people who run the paintball.. unless of course the paintballs are free and the event is free.

Sorry Fargo you have lost me,

what i was saying , was that the Its a Knockout event that i looked at wored out at 40 quid per person based.

Now going on past experience of paintball events, you end up spening more that 40quid throughout the day,,

So even if say, you know someone who runs a paintball site, hes not giong to do it for free, just paintballs alone for the day will be a fair whack...

see what im saying... :D

Things like karting and golf and paintball aren't gonna raise that much for the charities, but if thats what the general concensus wishes to do, then that's what we'll do.

Just thought that the opportunity for having a selection of team based sports would give wider scope for fund raising.

Stu

There are other things that could be done on the day too, for example if there are going to be a number of members cars there we could have a show and shine contest (with an entry fee) sponsored by someone or a company, have a BBQ and charge a small amount for the produce (that has been donated by the members).......

The possibilities are endless..........

Lets do it!

Stu

Now we need to start firming up the plans if we are going to do this, so:

Lets decide what sports you are wanting to play, the options so far are below, if you could either post up here or PM me if you have any more sport suggestions to add, and to let me know where to add your name in the list!

Stu

Rugby

chippiestu4 (Stu)

Fargo (Paul)

5 a side footie

Scarface

Rounders

chippiestu4 (Stu)

Scarface

Edited by chippiestu4

Also, a venue will need to be found thats as central to everyone as possible, that can cater for the sports we are hoping to play. Also, if we are going to do something like a show and shine contest, we will need a car parking area (either grass or hard), and somewhere to put the BBQ and any trade stands that want to go (A fee will need to be discussed!)

Any suggestions?

Stu

I may have access to a venue, but it is not central to the country, it's in suffolk (Bury St Edmunds to be precise), and the rugby may have to go coz it's a field at one of my parents places, and i don't fancy playing and losing my face on a stone!

So it could just be a 5-a-side foorti tournament with rounders etc thrown in for some laughs, show and shine contest and maybe others if there is call for it, trade stands, food etc etc, so basically another weekend meet, but for charity, and open to TOC too!

Camping can be an option for those that are on a long haul, or just want a few beers.

What ya reckon chaps and chapesses? It's just a suggestion, if you can think of a more suitable idea, let me know!

Stu

Great idea Stu. As the summer approaches we could get an event organised.

5-a-side football is preferred but I'm up for any sporting challenge. No water sports though :P

Actually I've been White Water Rafting a couple of times and it's absolutely brilliant. I think this event would suit all ages. :whistling:

The National Water Sports Centre is located in Nottingham which is pretty central in th UK.

The summer would be an ideal time for this, and if it was at somewhere like Billing, they have the extra activities avaliable for those that wish to do them, but the main focus is on the charity events i think.

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links