Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Subwoofer In The Trunk

asifk

Hey guys (and girls?),

I used to have a 10inch JBL sub with an Alpine amp in last car - now with my new IS I'm looking to put in a powered sub perhaps 8" or 10" alpine.

Not looking for anything too ridiculous in terms of cost (just a bit of a bass kick!). Just wondering if anyone has put in a sub without changing the stock sound system, and if you would recommend any place in Central / North London to install (I'm terrible at these things).

thanks,

Asif

Hey guys (and girls?),

I used to have a 10inch JBL sub with an Alpine amp in last car - now with my new IS I'm looking to put in a powered sub perhaps 8" or 10" alpine.

Not looking for anything too ridiculous in terms of cost (just a bit of a bass kick!). Just wondering if anyone has put in a sub without changing the stock sound system, and if you would recommend any place in Central / North London to install (I'm terrible at these things).

thanks,

Asif

search.jpg

asifk, use the Search tool - it's your best friend.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...z++ice++install

Regards,

in the process of putting the subs in at the moment :whistling:

just need good weather to continue it! although i havn't got the standard system!

i only have an S model so don't have the built in amp!

all going to be done in fibreglass, so i can keep as much space as possible, still want to be able to get to the spare wheel and use boot hatch! have done one sub box and moulded in one amp to side wall of boot!

Don't know about connecting it to standard system though??? :geek:

just need good weather to continue it! although i havn't got the standard system!

i only have an S model so don't have the built in amp!

What do you mean you haven't got the built in amp!?!?!?! I have an 's' model and i'm told that mine has one!!!

Stu

????? i thought all s models dont have the built in amp! as we only have a six speaker set up (thats including the tweeters) where as the other models have an 8 speaker set up as they have the additional amp!!!!

Are you sure? :duh:

I was always under the impression that the S didn't have the OEM amp & only six speakers.

I am mounting two 8" subs in the rear deck, again to try to retain as much boot space as possible, and keep it stealthy. I will post pics when done :) Not sure how it will sound, if it proves to be crap I will have to rethink. Probably use stealth type boxes and mount them to the sides of the boot

The 'S' mode has the amp built into the headunit whereas the the other models have the amp mounted next to the glove box behind the dash.

I've fiberglassed my sub box into the spare wheel well and then made an mdf floor and wall to tidy it all up.

Your also gonna find that being a saloon it is quite hard to get bass into the cabin from the boot . I removed the 6*9's and upgraded the front components. The bass gets into the cabin much better now and still have good vocals and mids coming from the front without being drowned out by the subwoofer.

Got any pics of it ?

sorry mate, i was supposed to get some pics up over the weekend, but other priorities took over, will do as soon as i get chance, tday or tommorw, just got me head rest screens fitted aswell.. a few more things to sort out before JAE..

Your also gonna find that being a saloon it is quite hard to get bass into the cabin from the boot . I removed the 6*9's and upgraded the front components. The bass gets into the cabin much better now and still have good vocals and mids coming from the front without being drowned out by the subwoofer.

i was thinking of removing the 6x9's to improve the bass! hmmm might have to look into that, i am upgrading the sound system quite a bit!

i have bought another set of door cards and im fibreglassing speakers into all of them, but trying to keep it looking not too over the top!

i have done one of the rear doors and am fitting some HUGE speakers into it!!!!

Projectslam, what audio equipment you planning on using. I've got spare doorcards but i still have not got round to moulding them up yet.

bought a full set of sport door cards for £20! done one, looks really good, but need to take a bit off the inside!

i have......

2x alpine 10 inch 1000w subs

1x legacy amp 1900w 2 channel

2x sony 440w 4/3/2 channel amps

pioneer speakers, about 25cm (for the rear doors)

sony 6x9's for parcel shelf

alpine 6x9's for front doors

4xalpine components for front doors

kenwood autochanger

kenwood head unit

ipod and dension link.....

im deciding weather to fit it all or sell it????? :shifty:

Jason

blody hell! thats certainly a lot of kit you got there!

yes.....maybe too much! its all been collected over the last couple of years! not in the car yet, trying to get it all in with a giant shoe horn so it doesn't take up all the room!!!!!! :unsure:

I've got a Pioneer 200w Sub with a built in amplifier. I used to have it in my previous car, but ain't too sure if I want it in my Lexus. It fitted nicely in the boot of my VW. The model reference is TFWX20LPA if you need to look it up for a glance.

Edited by ScarFace

I've got a Pioneer 200w Sub with a built in amplifier.  I used to have it in my previous car, but ain't too sure if I want it in my Lexus.  It fitted nicely in the boot of my VW.  The model reference is TFWX20LPA if you need to look it up for a glance.

Lex-aholic : Only GOLD members to post items for sale please ....... thanks.

I've got a Pioneer 200w Sub with a built in amplifier.  I used to have it in my previous car, but ain't too sure if I want it in my Lexus.  It fitted nicely in the boot of my VW.  The model reference is TFWX20LPA if you need to look it up for a glance.

Lex-aholic : Only GOLD members to post items for sale please ....... thanks.

Sorry, I forgot.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links