Supercharger Installed!

Mr Singh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update...

Well cars been at JPS Motorsport for last week or so. They fitted the TRD Clutch and Flywheel.

They also done some minor setup tweeks and adjustments.

OMG! what a difference. Torque steer or what!! its an ANIMAL. Its So LOUD the torque is just awesome.. i couldn't help but laugh when i parked it on the driveway and went in, its totally transformed!

Will be getting BOV fitted in few weeks and i think the brakes will need an major major upgrade, even with brembos and braided lines!

Totally chuffed... its cost me a fourtune!

Bit of an update...

Well cars been at JPS Motorsport for last week or so. They fitted the TRD Clutch and Flywheel.

They also done some minor setup tweeks and adjustments.

OMG! what a difference. Torque steer or what!! its an ANIMAL. Its So LOUD the torque is just awesome.. i couldn't help but laugh when i parked it on the driveway and went in, its totally transformed!

Will be getting BOV fitted in few weeks and i think the brakes will need an major major upgrade, even with brembos and braided lines!

Totally chuffed... its cost me a fourtune!

Can't wait to see it Am................. what events you going to dude? Japfest? TRAX? JAE??

Should be at most events this year, i might be at alot of the shows above but where there is sound offs as i will supporting our competitors and competing with the Altezza myself!

Sounds great mate, she must fishtail like a good un in the wet, mine's bad enough and you've got loads more power :)

Just a quick one about the torque steer - I thought that was a problem on just FWD cars?

Do RWD cars do this as well then with enough power from the back or is it the fishtailing that's the problem?

Have to admit I had a lot more fun than usual the last couple of days what with the good weather!!!

Really looking forward to seeing this and the TC'd IS's and hopefully Fargo's SC'd IS300 :)

The UK is finaly catching up in the power stakes :)

Sounds great mate, she must fishtail like a good un in the wet, mine's bad enough and you've got loads more power :)

Just a quick one about the torque steer - I thought that was a problem on just FWD cars?

Do RWD cars do this as well then with enough power from the back or is it the fishtailing that's the problem?

Have to admit I had a lot more fun than usual the last couple of days what with the good weather!!!

Really looking forward to seeing this and the TC'd IS's and hopefully Fargo's SC'd IS300 :)

The UK is finaly catching up in the power stakes :)

Yeh back end seriously fishtails, in even on days like today its after more grip... Marshall tyres don't help :whistling:

The noise is just silly... rev the engine with the bonnet open, u have to cover your ears, or you get that dizzy feeling like when your next to speakers in a club!!

Fargos will be quick.. but he's got Auto so he sux :P :P :P

Scott... get me the ASP logo made :winky: :winky:

Aido you are correct, Torque steer is a Front Wheel Drive trait

it is a result of the engine and gearbox sitting transvers across the car resulting in un-equal length Drive shafts, as the power will always try to take the path of least resistance(shorter drivshaft) the car will pull to the side with the shorter shaft.

Rear wheel drive cars have almost equal shafts(only a few mm difference) so the torque steer trait cannot happen

wow looking good, that charger set up is realy clean!! loving it.

Sounds like you loving it! im interested in the blow off valve your having fitted, does yours not re-circulate the air like the TTE charger does?

Thanks mate, not 100% sure if it re-ciculates the air, but when JPS had the car they said it would make difference.

Probably go for a Blitz one i think, might get it done in next 2 weeks

Depends when those are...

My wheels arrive this week i hope... waited nearly 3 months for them :o

But tyres are soooooo exspensive :(

I recall you going for some forged American wheels, 5 spokes?

What sizes offsets and tyres (sizes) are you going for?

Do you envisage any mods to the arches or lining?

Yep iForged Aeros.

8x19 fr -45mm offset

9.5x19 rr - 55mm offset

As far as i know there will be no mods required... but then again i will slam it as far as it goes... if the archs get in the way, then out with the angle grinder!

wow looking good, that charger set up is realy clean!! loving it.

Sounds like you loving it! im interested in the blow off valve your having fitted, does yours not re-circulate the air like the TTE charger does?

from looking at the pic Mr Sing posted when he got the kit, it doesnt look there is an external bypass valve there (unless it was in the airfilter box) but it is perfectly possible for the supercharger to have an internal bypass valve.

Yep iForged Aeros.

8x19 fr -45mm offset

9.5x19 rr - 55mm offset

As far as i know there will be no mods required... but then again i will slam it as far as it goes... if the archs get in the way, then out with the angle grinder!

not negative offsets right? :blink:

Thats pretty hardcore, I take it you're going for the pimp daddy look as opposed to track fighter :winky:

Can't wait to see the pimped out drug mobile fo sho!

yeh neg offset.

Yep, not keen on the track look, its a luxury/sport car, so i'm just putting some fine jewellery on it :lol:

Who knows, this might set the trend for others :winky:

Fluff... tbh i not sure, but afaik bov will help.

Am

You serious? -ve 45 and -ve 55 offset????

"Your new wheel will have the following chracteristics:

The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 73mm MORE

The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 137mm"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links