Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Woof Woof

GALLA_4

Hi guys

Has anyone in the club done this

Dscf0020.jpg

I was thinking of doing the same but dont know what type sub to go for. What are the best brands/makes and does anyone have any personal experience with a particular sub? Also would need an AMP recommendation aswell as I only have 6 speaker system.

To do this, does the sub have to be put in a box or is it just screwed to the back seats? I am thinking the latter because of those bars that run umderneath the back shelf, would get in way of box???

Help me out here please :)

And yes I did use the search facility!

I was thinking of doing the same but dont know what type sub to go for. What are the best brands/makes and does anyone have any personal experience with a particular sub? Also would need an AMP recommendation aswell as I only have 6 speaker system.

To do this, does the sub have to be put in a box or is it just screwed to the back seats? I am thinking the latter because of those bars that run umderneath the back shelf, would get in way of box???

The sub will almost certianly need to be mounted in a box. A sub that doesn't require a box is referred to as 'infinite baffle' - these are not very common these days.

A sub mounted in a box can take more power, is easier to control and is more efficient - in other words "will be louder and sound better.

The key to great bass is isolating the air infront of the sub from the air behind it, this is easier if it's in a box (obviously this rule goes out the window with ported boxes - but I'll not get in to that)

If the amp is just to run the sub then I'd recommend getting a class D amp.

One of the better value amps around is the Alpine MRPM350 - giving 350RMS - £115

The RES-RE10V2 10" sub from RE would be a good sub to complement that amp - £95

The prices are from http://www.caraudiodirect.com/

even with that tutorial that shows you how to take a feed from the internal amp you wont be able to run the subs effectively.

i had the conversion and it never worked

even with that tutorial that shows you how to take a feed from the internal amp you wont be able to run the subs effectively.

i had the conversion and it never worked

What? didn't work at all?

I thought the 6 speaker system didm't have an external amp any way, so this woulldn't have been an option for GALLA

have you a few more pics daza?

did u lower the amps into where the spare wheel went?

will take a few more pics it was a full diamond audio install from oxford audio

the boot well has all the amps plus 3 power caps then it is all covered up so you open the boot and all you see is the lexus logo

2 Words...

Stay away from Audiobahn, and SONY!!!!!!! Sony Xplod range is just about the biggest pile of SH!T car audio world has seen since Funky Pups... yet every chav and his brother has them in his boot with 10 sets of 6x9s!!!

Fire the sub through the ski hatch is a good move.

If you want even more output, port the sub and fire through the rear deck. I shall be doing this in my Altezza... coming from a 160dB SPL Car i'm maxing any output i can... Saloon cars aren't easy!

Guys I saw these two deals below. They  both have same 12" Woofer, but one is 500W and other is 800W. Which should I go with? Would 800W blow me out of it?

Option 1

Option 2

Don't fall for that either, 500w or 800w... you could put 20000000000w and still be worse off if its PMPO. You should look for RMS power.

Power rating means nothing aswell.

:)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links