Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

mpg average - 27.3

tonb

Claire - the Insight costs £23k to build (£35k per car if you include the R&D etc.) and the list price is £17k

But Honda have used this to show what can be done, and to develop the technology which will be used in future Civics and even the top flight sports cars.

The Insight is seriously good fun to drive and exceptionally well built. Same steering wheel and similar dash to the S2000 !!

The Civic hybrid will be more conventional and not as fuel efficient, but won't be a loss maker! I believe it will cost circa £15k and will be a 4 door, 4 seater. It won't obviously have all the technology as some of it is still too expensive (such as the materials used)

The DualNote (next gen NSX?) soulds impressive though - 3.2 V6 with Battery assist...... 0-60 in less than 5 seconds, top speed over 170mph and capable of 45-50mpg !!! :lol:

Just filled up the GS300 and it's done 298 on 12.88889 gallons. which is 23.2 to the gallon ( approx) I have been hooning it abit though. traffic light grand prix and the like. I cant get over how smooth the gear change is!

BEST AUTO BOX I HAVE EVER DRIVEN

Yeah, nearly forgot about that. this box can shift so smooth no begger in the car even knows we have done 4 shifts to get to 60 nice and relaxed.... Thanks Lexus. Hope it will last well too!

Loz

Originally posted by tonb

Would like to know how everyone does on the mpg front - I've averaged 27.3 over the last 7,500 miles - not too bad I thought, considering I don't drive it like an old man :lol::lol::lol:

How does that stack up with other IS200's?

Think yourself lucky. I'm getting an average of 18-20 mpg out of my IS300. But I suppose that's due to my short 7 mile, country roads, journey to work. And I guess batting down the motorway at 140 (when the M40's clear-ish), does'nt help much.

I drove down to Italy in the summer (2800 miles round trip), following the old man in his GS300 at a steady 110mph, and was getting between 27-29mpg which I thought was quite resonable. But, what was really strange was that my old man's GS300 was getting consistly better fuel consumption (about an 8th of a tank more on every fill up). Surely the GS300 is not that much more aerodynamic? Plus it's only got the four speed auto box, and mines got the five. Can anybody shed any light on why this may be?

THought all GS 300 had a five speed box like mine.... is his the old one then? mine is early new shape. I think they are more aerodynamic and also work less at any given road speed. as they are much more torque laden.

Wish I had the 700nm of torque that the new Merc SL55AMG has. wouldn't say no to the 465bhp either. 202mph without the restrictor! not bad for a road car with four seats.... and a convertible roof... and sat nav.... and.... er, pass the check book please!!!!

Loz

Originally posted by Loz

Just filled up the GS300 and it's done 298 on 12.88889 gallons. which is 23.2 to the gallon ( approx) I have been hooning it abit though. traffic light grand prix and the like. I cant get over how smooth the gear change is!

BEST AUTO BOX I HAVE EVER DRIVEN

Yeah, nearly forgot about that. this box can shift so smooth no begger in the car even knows we have done 4 shifts to get to 60 nice and relaxed.... Thanks Lexus. Hope it will last well too!

Loz

Reckon it lasts pretty well Loz - I've done 120,000 miles in mine - still perfect

Originally posted by Loz

THought all GS 300 had a five speed box like mine.... is his the old one then? mine is early new shape. I think they are more aerodynamic and also work less at any given road speed. as they are much more torque laden.

Wish I had the 700nm of torque that the new Merc SL55AMG has. wouldn't say no to the 465bhp either. 202mph without the restrictor! not bad for a road car with four seats.... and a convertible roof... and sat nav.... and.... er, pass the check book please!!!!

Loz

My old mans GS300 is an 'R' Reg, I think that's Mk II. But it's definitely only got a 4 Speed box.

MPG on my IS 200 is amazing on a motorway trip. I try to keep her at 4000 rpm and it seems to go on forever on a tankful no complaints.......

However in town (London) I reckon 22 mpg tops .

The traffic is so bad I've taken to driving in the manner of a retired bank manager in his Rover 110 on a sunday afternoons but still its pooooooor. I blame the stupidly low 1st gear....Tis the cars only weak spot IMHO

After a week of careful driving...keeping it below 4000rpm and trying to keep the mpg needle on 40 on the motorway I managed.... 28.2 mpg :D :rolleyes: :(

That's the closest to the lexus figures I've managed (apart from long distance trips). Hmmm.. this is getting like the spear throwing competition :lol:

Now it's time to have fun again.... :cool: :o

• 8 months later...
Blinking flip!!

I'f I'd have know I could have got 26mpg out of an LS400 I might have gone for one. only thing is I know the sparkplugs are 40 quid a piece!! that scares me!

Loz

Ps. I'm such a cheapskate!:P

£40 Eh..... Im about to purchase a LS400 and my local "universal" parts shop checked for me and thay are @ £12

Perhaps you should shop around :) lol

MPG on my IS 200 is amazing on a motorway trip. I try to keep her at 4000 rpm and it seems to go on forever on a tankful no complaints.......

However in town (London) I reckon 22 mpg tops .

The traffic is so bad I've taken to driving in the manner of a retired bank manager in his Rover 110 on a sunday afternoons but still its pooooooor. I blame the stupidly low 1st gear....Tis the cars only weak spot IMHO

Below 4000 rpm on a motorway? In the UK? My IS200 SE auto does just below 3500 rpm at 90 mph! 4000 rpm must be 100 mph at least!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links