Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petrol Tank

Recently bought an 02 reg IS200 SE but the moment I try to fill it the petrol pumps

(at various garages) cut off with the back pressure.

I have to fill very very slowly and you can imagine the looks when there is a queue.

Is this a common fault or can someone suggest a cure.

Any practical suggestions greatly appreciated.

moonraker

Common problem there mate, you need to twist the nozzle and have it hung out a bit, to let some air in. The pumps are too fast and because of the design of the tank it can not get it in quick enough and cuts off.

What I do is turn the pump upside down and insert fully, works fine like that.

When I got my Range Rover I did it the normal way and the thing spat back at me got covered in petrol.

That's what I do, upside down is the best way I found for mine

Not sure if all pumps are the same, but I go to Shell and just insert the nozzle until the indentation rests on the filler lip - no dicking about and it just works the right way up :)

I thought this was a bit funny...

When I got my spanking brand new 330ci convertible I went into the petrol station and I couldnt get the pump in the hole. Some chap pulls up at the next pump in a BM and I went up to him to ask him how to put the pump in.

Afterwards said to my girlfriend.. he must of thought i'd just stolen the car :o)

Recently bought an 02 reg IS200 SE but the moment I try to fill it the petrol pumps

(at various garages) cut off with the back pressure.

I have to fill very very slowly and you can imagine the looks when there is a queue.

Is this a common fault or can someone suggest a cure.

Any practical suggestions greatly appreciated.

moonraker

Thanks for the suggestions,especially to peter026 for the link to the previous thread. I have tried "various depth insertions!!!" all to no avail but the "upside-downer" is a new one. Will give it a try tomorrow . moonraker.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links