Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting To Like Roundabouts...

Mr Morse

Arrived yesterday (courtesy Mr Prolex), had them fitted today at F1 Autocentre at Bullwell, Nottingham. Charged me 94 quid (inc VAT), took 50 mins and included tracking check & adjustment.

Must say what a happy chappy I am. Makes a huge difference to the handiling of the IS, she simply glides through roundabouts like she's on rails! There is a detriment to the comfort of the ride on poor sufaces but that's something I have to live with.

The standard bars never gave a sloppy ride but the handling with the TTE bars (and springs) is a huge improvement.

The TTE anti roll bars and lowering springs are easily the best mod I have made - Now she both handles and sounds as good as she looks.

Highly recommended!

I was well impressed with F1. Called them up at 12 noon, John (the manager) said to bring it in by 1pm and they'd have it done within the hour. Other quotes I had were up to 50 quid more.

They are opening up a new centre down near B&Q on Queens Drive in early April (John is also moving there), it was great service at a good price and based on that they could well be getting more of my business.

Can't remember who is was who gave me the tip for F1 but thanks!

They are opening up a new centre down near B&Q on Queens Drive in early April (John is also moving there), it was great service at a good price and based on that they could well be getting more of my business.

Near B&Q, I wont be going there then .......... :P

Funny... mine TRD yellow sways didn't make a huge difference..

Milton keynes roundabouts don't have kill my tyres... not looking fwd to it when the 19s go on :o

There is a detriment to the comfort of the ride on poor sufaces but that's something I have to live with.

Sorry - slightly :offtopic:

But where you say the ride is worsened by the fitting of the antiroll bars - would chasis braces combined with the antirolls make the ride even worse?

Due to comfort of poor roads (which I go on alot) I am swapping my Ebatchs for sport springs + Chasis Braces (along wth the TTE AntiRoll bars which I already have). I though the chasis braces would counteract the loss in handling of going back to standard sport springs.

Funny... mine TRD yellow sways didn't make a huge difference..

Milton keynes roundabouts don't have kill my tyres... not looking fwd to it when the 19s go on :o

But that maybe due to the fact you have coilovers.

I had the same thing. With Eibachs, I noticed the anti-rolls, but when I get the coilovers, I didn't so much.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

So really...

If you spend £150 on 30mm springs... £300 on ARB... and then say £200 on labour... Doesn't it make sense to just go with coilovers in the first place?

Thanks for clearing that up :)

So really...

If you spend £150 on 30mm springs... £300 on ARB... and then say £200 on labour... Doesn't it make sense to just go with coilovers in the first place?

Well - it depends on how much you pay for labour and the cost of coilovers.

Not everyone wants to adjust ride height/dampness and to have all the extra hassle of coilovers (I know its not really hassle - but you get the idea)..... :D

i put on

strut bar

roll bars

coilovers

in that order, and on each step noticed an improvement over what was stock

if it had been done in the reverse order, i dont think the benifits would have nbeen as noticable, but they would still be there :)

I was well impressed with F1. Called them up at 12 noon, John (the manager) said to bring it in by 1pm and they'd have it done within the hour. Other quotes I had were up to 50 quid more.

But there is no room to open anything else at the Queens drive reatil park. :ohmy:

That's useful to know if I ever needed a garage....thanks. :)

But there is no room to open anything else at the Queens drive reatil park. :ohmy:

That's useful to know if I ever needed a garage....thanks. :)

Thats what I thought too - they (F1) have the unit next to Broughton shoes. Only a small frontage but apparently they have something like 9 ramps installed! Must be something like the Tardis :o

@ Anees, not sure actually mate, never had them on my car and with the TRD's on I notice that when you hit a bump with the left wheel the right side will react as it's much more interlinked than standard...

Maybe Dave Ellen or Mat Clawley or Zee could advise on that as they had them fitted?

@ Mike, what setting did they do your TTE's on mate? Firmest setting?

That's a great price for the fitting and alignment, I paid £200 I think it was at the dealers to get them fitted without the alignment!!!

I would of thought that the ride was worsened by the -30 springs not the sway bars as these tighten up the chassis roll you get with the std ones,you only really notice the harder ride when going over potholes and drains or cobbled road surfaces.

great improvement over std :D

Anyone can fit them in about an hour.

@ Anees, not sure actually mate, never had them on my car and with the TRD's on I notice that when you hit a bump with the left wheel the right side will react as it's much more interlinked than standard...

Maybe Dave Ellen or Mat Clawley or Zee could advise on that as they had them fitted?

@ Mike, what setting did they do your TTE's on mate? Firmest setting?

That's a great price for the fitting and alignment, I paid £200 I think it was at the dealers to get them fitted without the alignment!!!

Think I got a good deal 'cause they were a bit slack on business when I called and John (the Manager) wanted his gofers getting bizzy - he had 2 or 3 of them on the job. Well pleased at only 50 mins. Went round to Morrison's next door, bought & read this week's Kerrang, 2 cups of tea later she was all sorted. :geek:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links