Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gearbox Oil

chib1177

yes i know this topic has been done to death having just read loads of old threads realiting to notchy gearboxes in 1st 2nd,

mines a 2003 model and ive just started to notice that the change from 1st to 2nd is getting very notchy and clunky.

im thinking of changing the gearox oil to REDLINE MT-90.

they sell it in quarts, but how many bottles will i need does anyone know if ones enough or do i need two.

also isnt the 2003 model supposed to have a redesigned gearbox to stop this occuring.

yes i know this topic has been done to death having just read loads of old threads realiting to notchy gearboxes in 1st 2nd, 

mines a 2003 model and ive just started to notice that the change from 1st to 2nd is getting very notchy and clunky.

they sell it in quarts, but how many bottles will i need does anyone know if ones enough or do i need two.

also isnt the 2003 model supposed to have a redesigned gearbox to stop this occuring.

seriouslly mate get yoursell a TRD short shifter like i got,what a difference it makes.

seriouslly mate get yoursell a TRD short shifter like i got,what a difference it makes.

ive had one on order for some time, hopefully it will arrive soon and i can forget my notchy gearchange. :winky:

ive had one on order for some time, hopefully it will arrive soon and i can forget my notchy gearchange. :winky:

nice one,it really does help. :winky:

How many miles has the car done?

On my last car i couldnt get it into 1st, 2nd and reverse without some common persuation... It turned out to be clutch cable!

I just had my gearbox out and oil renewed with Valvoline and its made the gearbox quiter on idle :)

lexus teesside are looking at the gearbox next week they have already changed the gearbox oil but it had little effect.

the car has done 10000 miles in 2 years so it should be at its best i would have thought. hopefully when they look at the gearbox they can replace or fix then when i fit my trd shifter all should be well again in the lexus household. :D

ill let u know the outcome

• 2 weeks later...
How many miles has the car done?

On my last car i couldnt get it into 1st, 2nd and reverse without some common persuation... It turned out to be clutch cable!

I just had my gearbox out and oil renewed with Valvoline and its made the gearbox quiter on idle :)

Thought clutch was hydraulic or "did I get it wrong again dad" :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links