Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Discs? => Ok Now How To Fit?

javadude

I need new front discs so I figure I might as well get some drilled and/or slotted ones.

Which are best for stopping power...

DBA Front Longlife Gold Discs

Pagid IS 16 Groove Front brake discs

ProLex-UK IS 8 Groove brake discs

Are the slotted ones noisy when you brake?

Do I have to change the pads too or can I leave those til they've worn?

Just waiting for the broker to talk to the insurer and get back to me. I'm kinda assuming that as they're consumables and they're going to improve the braking and hence safety of the car there'll be no extra premium due. Insurers are reasonable people after all.....erm....

Answer was.... insurer said that's fine and no extra premium. Yay. See I knew insurers were reasonable people that you could invite round to tea without stealing your wallet....perhaps

• 2 weeks later...

OK I've ordered some DBA drilled and slotted discs from those nice TDI people. Errm how do I fit them? Is it a case of removing the caliper like you would for a pad change and then... do they just pull off?

well you gota undo a few volts onthe claipers to remove them, then the discs can be 'tapped off' with a rubber hammer..

if you like i can come fit these.....for a small charge of course (i am unemployed afterall.) lol..

u have to remove the caliper and then remove the support frame for it which is bolted to the back of the hub - 2 extra bolts, BUT they are tight will prob need a breaker bar, reccomend using a torque wrench when putting them back along with a bit of thread lock.

2 extra bolts, BUT they are tight will prob need a breaker bar, reccomend using a torque wrench when putting them back along with a bit of thread lock.

Anyone know what torque setting they require when doing them back up?

The discs haven't arrived yet but at the weekend I checked I could actually get the wheel nuts undone and had a look at one side to see what I was doing. I see what you mean about those big nuts. Couldn't shift them so squirted them with a tiny bit of WD40 to soak in for a week. Might get me a breaker bar too.

Hi There mate,

Can you tell me where to buy these type of discs and how much do they cost?

Thanx

Hi There mate,

Can you tell me where to buy these type of discs and how much do they cost?

Thanx

Altezza Sports and Prestige sell them in a Gold or Silver colour. Contact Scott.

www.altezzasportsandprestige.com

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links