Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Election Time

Mr Morse

Folks,

I know, boring election time again, and who really cares? All the parties have the same policies anyway don't they? :blink:

Think again please......

For the past 9 years I have worked in some of the less well visited countries such as Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea and Angola, where the population either don't get chance to vote or the voter's fingers are broken in order to put the X in the incumbent dictator's box. :crybaby:

Many people from these countries have given their lives for a free vote!

Remember that our forefathers gave their lives in two World Wars in order that we can chose our leaders freely.

Please use your vote, because millions around the World cannot.

Thank you for reading this post,

regards, Mike

eh???

Personally, I dont vote because someone, somewhere can't - I vote because I simply want rid of Tony Blair, and live in hope enough other people feel the same so that we can get rid of the lying, cheating.....

will add my political view on this i have some problems at the min with a few work things and have had no joy with the armed forces minister however the local mp (conservative) has taken ownership of my problem and is backing me i know where my vote is going and besides which i have always voted that way

I was always told by my peers, the two things you never discuss in public are polotics and religion.

As soon as we can get rid ot these tossers that are in at the moment,the better, they have done nothing to help me, a one man business :P

I always vote

Guys & Gals

I am not preaching party politics or religion of any kind.

I'm just saying that in many countries the voters pay with their lives.

In the UK we all get a vote. Please use it to vote for the w***** of your choice - because you can!

I also always vote!

If its a postal vote my dad usually decides who I'm voting for and sends them off!! LOL!! :P

I'm not sure who to vote for either - but I might do something I never thought I would and vote for the Tories! :huh:

The transport polices (reduce speed bumps and speed cameras) seem good - but obviously when they get in its another thing.

Guys & Gals

I am not preaching party politics or religion of any kind.

I'm just saying that in many countries the voters pay with their lives.

In the UK we all get a vote. Please use it to vote for the w***** of your choice - because you can!

My point wasnt political.. well not really .... it was more... well your statement doesnt make any sense...

Thats like saying - go and buy a McDonalds because there are people in China who dont have access to fast food restaraunts...

My point is, vote because Tony the Thief cannot be allowed another term (or perhaps you want to vote to keep him)... vote because it is your right to choose the leader of our country - dont vote because someone else cant...

Urghhhhh :blink:

Think most of you have missed the point here?

UK / Europe / North America / Auz/Nz have democracy (not sure about dubYa)

Rest of the World have Dicatorships/un-democratically elected leaders

At least in the UK we can vote for our Idiot of Choice. In other places they can't.

Where would you rather live?

Would you prefer to vote for a dictator?

Please use your vote

I really don't care ...............  :huh:

lets start a Brewsters millions campaign

Vote none of the above :D

What a great film that is :lol:

yup yup brewsters millions is an all time classic, richard prior is a comical genius

oh and i can understand wot the point of the thread is but like some countries who have free vote and elections are rigged anyways??

me i dont vote coz there all full of empty promises and ploitical bull**** and we get screwed anyways

i do vote....still undecided on who to though at moment

definitely not tories though...their cabinet would be a shambles of an operation(wont let sister see this, she works for them, well lords neway)

I think we are priviledged to vote, use it....if everyone who didnt vote IE all 40 odd % of them last time then the result could be totally different.

So all those who dont vote, and say it doesnt matter...well if everyone had that attitude we may as well have a dictator, then where would you all be!

me i dont vote coz there all full of empty promises and ploitical bull**** and we get screwed anyways

You have answered your own question my friend....

If you don't vote......you have no right to criticise :duh:

I voted the p :tsktsk: k in last time i will not be doing so this time............as i will not be voteing.......................and IMO if you dont want to vote then dont!

vote because it is your right to choose the leader of our country - you should not go round saying vote because someone else cant and in many countries the voters pay with their lives. ;) what have them countries got to do with us!!

<"If you don't vote......you have no right to criticise!! "> ;) no vote! no right to criticise!! who are you to tell any one they dont have the right to criticise!! he has the right to criticise any one he likes! but you may not like it.................

we all have the right to vote

and we all have the right not to vote............

Urghhhhh  :blink:

Think most of you have missed the point here?

UK / Europe / North America / Auz/Nz have democracy (not sure about dubYa)

Rest of the World have Dicatorships/un-democratically elected leaders

At least in the UK we can vote for our Idiot of Choice. In other places they can't.

Where would you rather live?

Would you prefer to vote for a dictator?

Please use your vote

no.

Its you that is missing the point :unsure:

I am saying your theory doesnt stand - surely the point of living in a democracry is the freedom to choose - including the choice of not to vote...

And saying you should vote because someone somewhere can't, doesnt make any sense to me...

You should vote because its your chance to make a difference in how the country is run...

Brewsters Millions was an excellent film...

Oh. and who are we to say our way is better - I mean since Iraq has become a democracy, has the quality of life improved??

Blair has been taking the pee out of us. I am ashamed to say that I voted Blair in. He's a liar and needs to be booted out.

Howard was a busted flush when they were last in power. I'll never forget him storming out of a TV interview when he was Home Secretary when he didn't like the questions. I am also not convinced that he would have the UK's best interest in mind if there was any conflict or negotiations with Isreal. This is a serious issue as the "road map to peace" is apparently still ongoing, and I do not believe he can be impartial in this matter.

A vote for Kennedy is a vote for higher taxation and immediate entry into Europe, neither of which Mr and Mrs UK want.

The postal voting scam uncovered in Birmingham recently showed that the 3rd World fraud and intimidation methods are actually very real in the UK today.

The problem Gentlemen, is that there is no credable aternative to the chancers and vermin who have presented themselves this time around.

Shame Screaming Lord Such is no longer with us.

BTW, democracy does not exist in the US. He who has the most money gets elected. End of story.

You have answered your own question my friend....

If you don't vote......you have no right to criticise :duh:

I voted the p :tsktsk: k in last time i will not be doing so this time............as i will not be voteing.......................and IMO if you dont want to vote then dont!

vote because it is your right to choose the leader of our country - you should not go round saying vote because someone else cant and in many countries the voters pay with their lives. ;) what have them countries got to do with us!!

<"If you don't vote......you have no right to criticise!! "> ;) no vote! no right to criticise!! who are you to tell any one they dont have the right to criticise!! he has the right to criticise any one he likes! but you may not like it.................

we all have the right to vote

and we all have the right not to vote............

cheers marcus well said

A brief history lesson. Consider these facts:

Britain came pretty close to losing the Battle of Britain in August 1940. It was only through a change in Nazi tactics that the RAF survived. There are many books on the subject.

With complete control of the air, Hitler would have been free to invade Britain in September 1940. The British army would have collapsed within 3 weeks, as their equipment was left behind in France after the defeat in May.

With Britain defeated, Hitler does not need to fight campaigns in North Africa, the Mediterranean and in the Balkans in early 1941. The invasion of Russia goes ahead, as planned, in early May 1941, 6 weeks earlier than the actual events.

As a result, the panzers reach Moscow in early October 1941, unhindered by the Russian winter that stalled the actual events. The Russian government collapses and relocates to Sverdlosk, to the east of the Ural mountains. Stalin sues for peace and a line is drawn from the Arctic Ocean to the Caspian. Hitler now controls the oilfields around Baku that he so desperately needed.

So, Europe is totally under the control of the Nazis. And without a friendly aircraft carrier (in the land mass of the Britsh Isles), assistance from the USA would have been impossible.

Still not bothered about your vote? Tell it to one of the few remaining Spitfire or Hurricane pilots.

A brief history lesson. Consider these facts:

Britain came pretty close to losing the Battle of Britain in August 1940. It was only through a change in Nazi tactics that the RAF survived. There are many books on the subject.

With complete control of the air, Hitler would have been free to invade Britain in September 1940. The British army would have collapsed within 3 weeks, as their equipment was left behind in France after the defeat in May.

With Britain defeated, Hitler does not need to fight campaigns in North Africa, the Mediterranean and in the Balkans in early 1941. The invasion of Russia goes ahead, as planned, in early May 1941, 6 weeks earlier than the actual events.

As a result, the panzers reach Moscow in early October 1941, unhindered by the Russian winter that stalled the actual events. The Russian government collapses and relocates to Sverdlosk, to the east of the Ural mountains. Stalin sues for peace and a line is drawn from the Arctic Ocean to the Caspian. Hitler now controls the oilfields around Baku that he so desperately needed.

So, Europe is totally under the control of the Nazis. And without a friendly aircraft carrier (in the land mass of the Britsh Isles), assistance from the USA would have been impossible.

Still not bothered about your vote? Tell it to one of the few remaining Spitfire or Hurricane pilots.

I will back you up mate, your taking a lot of slack on this one. I am only 31 but fully appreciate what my grandfather and thousands like him fought and died for. So we, the next generation could live freely and in control of our own lives and not in fear of torture and death for expressing our opinions. In all honestly i cannot understand how anyone could not appreciate this and take the attitude of, i cant be bothered. This largely expressed attitude is partly why the country is in the mess it is. I no when it comes to politics, i would agree they all seem as bad as each other. But if everyone stood up and made there voice heard by voting, wouldnt you agreee the parties involved would then maybe start to think, woa maybe we need to actually do something while in power, otherwise we will be booted out next term instead of there attitudes now of, relax lads, line your pockets sod em, there too bloody stupid to vote and change things now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links