Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Grrrrrr

tdiplc

A friend works for a firm of Solicitors are are defending a company that used the term "hard working individual" in their recruitment advertising.

Apparantly someone that is not "hard working" feels they have been discriminated against, so is sueing them.

Whatever next :o

The trouble is that once the precedent has been set, where does it end? By extension it means that firms will not be allowed to insist on qualifications or experience :duh:

This is complete madness.

Motor technician here i come.

gizza job Mark :lol:

You're not far wrong mate. I have seen plenty of jokers that call themselves Motor Technicians :lol:

(comes in with floppy shoes and big red nose)

you'll be hearing from my brief discrimination that :D

Nottingham city centre is full of reps touting on behalf of ambulance chaser solicitors.

My standard reply is

Q: Good morning/afternoon sir/mate, have you had an accident in the past 3 years?

Me: Yes I have actually

Q: And what was that sir/mate

Me: I had an accident when I was in the pub the other night. Unfortunately I'd had too much to drink though

Q: We still may be able to help sir/mate, what happened?

Me: I ***** in my pants :blush:

Me: and don't call me mate

As a medical student, I spent some time at a London A+E department. On the back of the 'Cas cards' (ie, the 'triage' documents) and the queuing tickets were adverts for these ambulance-chasing parasites. Also, we were told that we had a one in three chance of being sued (quite likely fradulently) during our early careers! It seems there is an entire generation of people too lazy to get off their backsides to make an honest living, who prefer to sue those of use who actually work for what we have.

Just my two pence worth............. :crybaby:

Amanda

Litigation culture has become a thing of the present.

My previous employer (Schlumber***) were so ***** scared of litigation that every employee had to go through a huge number of QHSE couses, to the effect that more engineers were spending time learing how to bend down right rather, than being out on jobs making money for the Company.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links