Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Karting Challenge

UltraViolet

Okay Team Lexus peeps - how do you fancy a challenge! :?: :smilegrin:

Central location (Midlands), Karting Grand Prix..... Honda-R vs Team Lexus !!!

We are holding various events to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Relief, and there will be games etc at the Honda-R stand at JAE to raise dosh......

The Karting event will hopefully help raise more for the appeal - I will get details once I have a suitable Midlands Karting track (thinking outdoor track, 70mph karts), and there will be the cost of the event + a donation to the cause.

Who is interested in this????

Even if you cannot make this event, if peeps wish to donate - please email me and I'll let you know how!

Thanks

Sam

Yep - i'm game sammy. Anything for a good cause. There are a couple of tracks near Nottingham actually - one is outdoor, near the Six Hills in Loughborough... maybe worth checking out? :bounce:

Yep, count me in too, saturday is usualy the best day for me aswell if its in the daytime, ive found alot of these things are in the evening. there are tracks everywhere, there's one near me & they do evening team challenges & it costs £1000, thats for the whole night, two teams supplied with outfits etc

Ive been quite alot & its usualy pretty even as some karts are a bit screwed & others arent, always a good night until they black flag me. :tumble:

I raced karts for a few years, that was fun! :lol::lol: but it turned out to be a very expensive hobby!!!!!!

Originally posted by vic

I raced karts for a few years, that was fun! :lol::lol: but it turned out to be a very expensive hobby!!!!!!

Hey - ringer!!! ;)

Can peeps with places they recommend please email the details to me.

Sammy@honda-r.fsnet.co.uk

I will be away most of this week, but I shall try to sort something when I get back.

Ta

Sam

I will be away most of this week, but I shall try to sort something when I get back.

Ta

Sam

Doesnt it depend on whose going sammy?

I think the best thing is to see is is def going then find a central meet for all of us.

Since no-one has emailed me, and I am further North than the Midlands, not doing a 'recky' - so it will have to be at wherever I can find that can accomodate us...... I was thinking about 10 Team Lexus, 10 Honda-R ?

Hopefully will have got some mails by the time I get back.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by UltraViolet
Originally posted by vic

Hey - ringer!!! ;)

Ta

Sam

I used to race karts years ago too. The major factor is the power weight ratio (plus skill) and i've put on about 6 or 7 stone since I last raced. Maybe that's why I need an LS to carry me around. The karting trach near me went bust a while ago but a nights racing there used to work out at about £55 a head.

Another thing to consider would be one of the combination days. I know Silverstone do some where you drive karts, rally cars, skid cars, off road and a sprint test but that's pretty pricey. There's another one over next to the M1, can't remember the exact place at the moment, where they do a great half day, clay pigeon shooting competition, quad bike trial, honda pilot racing and kart racing. All done outside so a bit weather dependent but last time I looked it was about £75 a head including a bit of lunch.

Hiya peeps - sos - been just too busy to sort anything out in the Midlands.

If someone would like to organise a Midlands based karting - I am up for it, and we could make it an Inter-Club challenge...... Team Lexus vs Honda-R ???

Or alternatively, we will be doing some Karting 30th November at the Milton Keynes Daytona..... we could make some space for some friendly rivalry! :eyes:

Hey!

Karting sounds like a blast. I don't mind a trip to milton keynes, its home to a major client so a familiar route... Saturday or Sunday is fine. I like the Lex vs Honda thing... bit of a laugh.. think under a oner would be fair price given the oner in fuel bills to get there... is this still a live debate though?

The Grand Prix is £58.50 per person if you negotiate the 10% discount! ;o)

The format of the min prix is a 10 minute practice/qualifying session and then all are lined up on the grid in lap time order for a rolling start and 40 mins of racing.

The circuit is outdoor and about 1100 meters long. The is flood lighting so don't be worried about the dark, they also provide suits and helmets, but you are welcome to bring your own.

The track can take 25 karts without a problem and it is beginner friendly, so if you fancy a go but are a bit nervous, there is no need, it is a good fun safe track and you have to have a really silly off in order to get hurt. I can guarentee that you will be tired and grining by the end of it.

I have been there just once before (about two years ago) - but it does come highly recommended!

Like I say - we have booked it for Saturday 30th November......

Depending on Lexus peeps up for it - we could make this a challenge!

:eyes:

Originally posted by dark_is200

definately up for some carting, only been once team lexus v honda-r sounds like a great idea.

my ex-girlfriend broke her arm carting - women drivers image

Sounds like someone is cruisin' for a bruisin' :lol:

Originally posted by Claire G
Originally posted by dark_is200

definately up for some carting, only been once team lexus v honda-r sounds like a great idea.

my ex-girlfriend broke her arm carting - women drivers image

Sounds like someone is cruisin' for a bruisin' :lol:

Probably his ex if she ever gets in a cart again:lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk