Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Monster In Action

Mat ran the Monster on the 1/4 strip for the first time on Monday. Was unable to launch hard due to dif moving amd additional mapping in low gears is required which TDI are planning to do on the road.

Best time of the day was 13.4 seconds, speed was 115.94mph when crossing the 1/4 mile line. Speed at the 1/8 mile was 87.68mph.

Good times I am sure you will agree for a car still under development and for Mat still getting used to it.

I am sure Mat has a 12 second street car (with street tyres) on his hands :ohmy:

Mat ran the Monster on the 1/4 strip for the first time on Monday. Was unable to launch hard due to dif moving amd additional mapping in low gears is required which TDI are planning to do on the road.

Best time of the day was 13.4 seconds, speed was 115.94mph when crossing the 1/4 mile line. Speed at the 1/8 mile was 87.68mph.

Good times I am sure you will agree for a car still under development and for Mat still getting used to it.

I am sure Mat has a 12 second street car (with street tyres) on his hands  :ohmy:

I agree with you Johnny Boy, in fact I suspect that it will be an 11 second car when sorted, which isn't bad for an every day car.

Did he win the race against the Mazda?? :ph34r:

Those Mazda's were going really well.

There was an old RX7 single turbo (fitted with the twin turbo engine), that we mapped a couple of weeks ago that was doing mid 11 seconds. Not bad for 1 bar of boost!

Did he win the race against the Mazda?? :ph34r:

Those Mazda's were going really well.

There was an old RX7 single turbo (fitted with the twin turbo engine), that we mapped a couple of weeks ago that was doing mid 11 seconds. Not bad for 1 bar of boost!

:whistling: 11secs..... d*mn that is pretty fast :ohmy:

But I wanted to know if Mat won against that Mazda 323 next to him?? :huh:

I did manage to record one of the slower runs, but it was only on an old 8mm camcorder and I have no way of getting it onto a computer. :crybaby:

One of my friends has a video capture card - I'll see if I can get it converted some time.

all the time spent on this car and no one even thought about videoing it properly.

wasted.

I would not say wasted, I would say a great day and good to see the monster in action.

There will be plenty of other chances to see the monster in action :D

all the time spent on this car and no one even thought about videoing it properly.

wasted.

Agreed Steve, it would have been nice but it was never the intention to run the car that day as it was supposed to be just on show. No-one expected anything decent from it just yet because there is some work in progress, and Mat is not used to the car yet. Hopefully there will be a vid when it is a bit more impressive.

wasted.

I would not say wasted, I would say a great day and good to see the monster in action.

There will be plenty of other chances to see the monster in action :D

great for a few.. but there are all here glued to this thread hoping to see a development and at least something to watch as the monster grows. If that was my car I would want the lot documented. The car will get the publicity it needs.

great pics!!

WOW!..........nice car, I will have to work on getting my car like that....... :hehe:

trinilex..........

If you have a spare £25,000 then possibly .......... :P

£25K?? Thought it was MUCH more then that? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links