Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought An Is, Radio Help :)

Hi guys,

Well today i picked up a IS200 Sport in silver, V reg. I was lurking on this forum for quite a while before i bought it and read the thread on err3. Well you guessed it i got it. However i got the garage to drop the price by £300 because of it so i wasnt that bothered.

Just a couple of questions

1 Does anyone have a bottom cd slot head unit for sale? I could only find a top loading cd drive on eBay

2 If I have to buy one new is there anywhere cheaper than lexus (they wanted £600 at lexus)

3 If i put an aftermarket head unit in (kenwood double din indash dvd touchscreen) is there any way to wire in the existing factory standard sub? a loom adaptor maybe?

I am well versed at ice installing ;) I already removed the headunit and took it appart today :) and i am capable of some complex rewiring if needed for the sub.

Well guys sorry my first post was such a big ask, just gotta say in the one day i've owned the car i have never been happier with a purchase.

Welcome! :D

Congrats on the car!

ICE is not something I know about but I think the Amp in the SE/Sport models complicates matters - but it can be done.

The guys that know about this stuff are Fargo, Mr Singh, Necromac, Ukzan etc. Sure they will be along shortly!

thank you for the quick welcome :)

I noticed that the sub is non standard when reading up on the err3 problem before i bought it, i was wondering if the difference is that they modified it so that the acc, pos, neg, and high level audio inputs are built into the adaptor or is there some form of wierd digital audio transfer system between the head unit and amp, cos that would be evil to work around :(

Welcome to the Club!

However, I don't think the IS has a sub, unless its a sportcross  :blink:

If im wrong about the sub (i got a sport) then aftermarket it is :)

I tried banging it while messing with eject and load

also removing the fuses

took her out and opened her up, but there are no cd's in it, it was originally saying disk out after some vigerous massaging it swapped to disk in :unsure:

Maybe i should spend tomorrow dinner time wacking it :)

Guys, have Lexus not extended the warranty to cover the stereo on ALL IS200's? i.e. 1999 onwards? May be worth asking your dealer or contact Lexus GB?

Been there already (i had a busy first day of lexus ownership) guy said no, it is 5 months over the 5 year extension :(

What I know:

The warranty on err3 only depends on the vehicels VIN-Code in the warranty list.

There is no 60-Month extended warranty anymore.

So take it to the dealer and get it changed (aslong your car is covered by the list of numbers).

Your dealer should fill out the warranty form and send it to Lexus GB for further decission.

What I know:

The warranty on err3 only depends on the vehicels VIN-Code in the warranty list.

So take it to the dealer and get it changed (aslong your car is covered by the list of numbers).

Your dealer should fill out the warranty form and send it to Lexus GB for further decission.

As i mentioned above, dealer says no.

Too far over the 5year deadline :(

He should show you the extended warranty information about this.

Or ask a different dealer. Perhaps a Toyota garage :)

Just so you know I have called all local garages and been into a few of them, i also called the customer service line. I was very polite, but the second i mentin it is V-reg they say no.

so im looking for a new stereo :(

you can get them repaired by the same place that Lexus use but it might be cheaper to get a new head unit

Guess a new head unit it is then :(

any advise on these items, are they a good buy? is this a con?

Also how easy is it to get hold of a loom adaptor?

Double din dvd

Double set up?

Another cheap double set up

I would really appreciate some advice guys :)

What I know:

As i mentioned above, dealer says no.

Too far over the 5year deadline :(

Try ringing Lexus GB, tell them you know it is a common fault with the CD and now that many have been changed under warranty, tell hem you will not consider another Lexus again.

They might blow you out but its worth a call or fax.

Mines V reg and they changed it in 12/03. I was lucky.

Goodluck

I've had a few err3 faults with mine and it tends to be when an ejecting cd gets stuck. I find fishing in the slot with another cd usually help shift it and clears the err3 problem.

this maybe of some use to someone

I've had a few err3 faults with mine and it tends to be when an ejecting cd gets stuck. I find fishing in the slot with another cd usually help shift it and clears the err3 problem.

this maybe of some use to someone

Nope done everything suggested, its a gonner me thinks :(

Another thing that i was hoping you guys could help me with when i was taking the stereo out i was sure there were 2 wires plugged in the back of the stereo, when putting it back in one seems to have dissapeared? the one on the left as you are looking at the front of the stereo, is this the amp output? does the sport have an external amp? i have the "lexus" logo on the speakers on the back shelf, i looked quite hard but couldnt find the cable, any idea where it has gone? or did i miss count and that is the connector for the sat nav?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links