Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Radio Not Covered?

Hey again guys,

You probably read my other post a couple of posts down but I really need advice on this problem.

My Radio (Err3 and nothing will fix it) is completely gone. I have spoken to lexus and customer service line and they both say it is out of warenty, tough.

However it was replaced on the 13/11/04 by Lexus Bolton, does this not give a 1 year extension on the warenty like most replacements? Is there anyone i can speak to about this, lexus cardiff, bolton and customer service line have been really unhelpful, bouncing me around helplines or saying you are out of 5year warenty, tough.

I was lead to believe that all repairs like this have a 1 year warenty??

Advice please guys, any help would be greatly appreciated :(

Would expect to get a warranty on any repair/replacement of that type. Any item supplied should be "fit for purpose" which your radio is obviously not.

Would expect to get a warranty on any repair/replacement of that type. Any item supplied should be "fit for purpose" which your radio is obviously not.

Any idea of who to speak to as the 2 lexus garages I have spoken to and the lady on the customer service line kinda just said 5 years, give us £600 and we will do it.

Does anyone here have a direct route to get these fixed? I spent most of today on the phone again :(

Push comes to shove, does anyone have one in good nick that they are willing to sell?

Or do you know of a method of sourcing em from scrap? I got the bottom cd version

Speak to Lexus GB and tell them you are well pi**ed off and that you are getting nowhere with the dealer. As Neil says, that unit that they supplied one year ago should be fit for the purpose for which it was supplied and also of satisfactory quality. Obviously it wasnt. Demand a replacement or at worst a repair. Insist on it.

Ok i've explored every avenue, and its a definate No. The guy at lexus GB said even if they had replaced the stereo 1 month before the 5 year deadline and it died 1 day after they wouldnt replace it :(

its an understandible policy, but a little frustrating :)

so i guess im looking to buy a new one definately, thanks for all the help and advice tho guys, it means alot :)

Ok i've explored every avenue, and its a definate No. The guy at lexus GB said even if they had replaced the stereo 1 month before the 5 year deadline and it died 1 day after they wouldnt replace it :(

its an understandible policy, but a little frustrating :)

so i guess im looking to buy a new one definately, thanks for all the help and advice tho guys, it means alot :)

Last option :

send a fax to :

Masayori Hattori

General Manager

Overseas Operations Department

Toyota Motor Corporation

Customer relationsions Division

Fax number 00 81 52 561 6236

He will advise Toyota Motor Marketing Europe, who will contact Lexus GB, who will contact you.

Make sure you include all information in your fax including chassis number.

Telll him you have always understood that Toyota invented Toal Quality Management program, to ensure as close to zero defects as possible, and that they are reknown for being the world leader in technological advancement, yet they are refusing to replace/repair a CD player that is well known and documented for its failure and is clearly not fit for purpose.

You are dissappointed with local dealers attitude, blah blah .. would like a replacement cd, as the previous replacement only lasted ....

I got a full days inspection at the local dealers cost with my fax.

They never sorted the "coolant/heater whooshing noise", but you might a free cd as the local dealers don't like a kick up the a..e.

Nothing to lose.

K fax is away, here is the body of the fax i sent for you guys to look at

Dear Mr Hattori,

I am the proud owner of a Lexus IS200 Sport and member of the Lexus owners club living in the UK (Numberplate: XXXX XXX VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX). Due to a known mechanical fault with the stereo (failing mechanics in the CD changer unit resulting in an Error 3 message) it was replaced on the 13th of November 2004. As of last week this error re-appeared, so given that the stereo was originally replaced 8 months before and it was the replaced part that failed I believed that it would be replaced again. After a trip to my nearest Lexus dealer I was told that this would not be the case as my car is 4 months outside of the 5-year warranty period for this part. I was aware of this when I went to the garage but assumed all replacement parts would be covered by a separate warranty to ensure the item is fit for purpose. I am unaware of any other manufacturer that does not offer a 12-month warranty on new parts and was particularly shocked to find that a division of Toyota doesn’t.

I proceeded to contact the garage that originally replaced the radio (Lexus Bolton) who came to the same decision as well as the Lexus GB customer services phone line where I was told that even if the radio was changed the day before the 5 year warranty ran out on the car and broke down the day after it would not be replaced again.

I have always understood that Toyota invented the Total Quality Management program, to ensure as close to zero defects as possible, and that they are renowned for being the world leader in technological advancement, I am disappointed that they are refusing to replace/repair a CD player that is well known and documented for this failure and is clearly not fit for purpose.

I am also disappointed with my local dealer’s attitude and the way I was treated by Lexus customer services in particular. Ideally I would like a replacement stereo sent to me. I will quite happily get it fitted myself, as I have lost faith in my local Lexus garage, I believe it happened when one of the mechanics came out and started punching the centre console of my car to see if he could get the radio to work again.

Apart from this slight hiccup with my local Lexus personnel I have been greatly enjoying Lexus ownership. Every part of the car, bar the radio, is in as good a condition today as the day I bought it.

Yours sincerely

I wonder if this will get a responce :)

Hey again guys,

You probably read my other post a couple of posts down but I really need advice on this problem.

My Radio (Err3 and nothing will fix it) is completely gone. I have spoken to lexus and customer service line and they both say it is out of warenty, tough.

However it was replaced on the 13/11/04 by Lexus Bolton, does this not give a 1 year extension on the warenty like most replacements? Is there anyone i can speak to about this, lexus cardiff, bolton and customer service line have been really unhelpful, bouncing me around helplines or saying you are out of 5year warenty, tough.

I was lead to believe that all repairs like this have a 1 year warenty??

Advice please guys, any help would be greatly appreciated :(

Hi there i may have sorted out your little problem with your radio i have got the standard radio out of my 200 Sport rolling around my boot you

are more than welcome to have it :hocus-pokus: to be quite honest i am sick of the site of it

Hi there i may have sorted out your little problem with your radio i have got the standard radio out of my 200 Sport rolling around my boot you

are more than welcome to have it :hocus-pokus: to be quite honest i am sick of the site of it

How much you want for it

my radio has packed in nothin in me car at the min

Check ur PM scotty, and thanks :)

Got something back from toyota :)

Dear Mr. XXXX

Thank you for your recent facsimile concerning your IS200.

We are sorry to learn of the situation you have encountered.

In order to ensure a thorough review of the situation as described, your facsimile has been referred to TOYOTA MOTOR MARKETING EUROPE N.V./S.A. They are responsible for customer concerns in European market.

They will work closely with the following distributor, which you have already contacted, responsible for your country to address your concern as a matter of urgency. You will be contacted by that distributor shortly.

Sincerely

etc.

I am actually supprised to have got a reply at all :)

I will keep you guys updated

I was suprised it took so long.

I studied Toyota, bit boring, but basically customer care is extremely important, just like most Japanese companies, and unlike UK companies and dealers.

Unfortunately it doesn't mean you got a replacement yet, but you might very well end up with a spare one !

I was suprised it took so long.

I studied Toyota, bit boring, but basically customer care is extremely important, just like most Japanese companies, and unlike UK companies and dealers.

Unfortunately it doesn't mean you got a replacement yet, but you might very well end up with a spare one !

I am not to bothered if they just get my existing one fixed (although the power button and the frequency scan up arrow have stopped working too now so it may be something more serious than i first thought)

I would be over the moon if they managed to get one fixed or replaced for me, that would be great. But i wouldnt harbour any hurt feelings towards the company if they dont.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, i have the same ERR3 problem, as my car is a 99 model but with only 90,000 miles on the clock would the following link apply to the warranty.

ERR3 warranty extended

it says its been extended to 5 year/100,000 miles.

Just thought I would ask you lot first before I ring up the dealers.

No, they said 5 years and thats it. I just got a letter back from the europe guys they were rather harsh, saying particularly that I must have used cd-r's or been rough with it and that 5 years is all you get. Tough.

Oh well, my new speakers are turning up this week, back to my full pioneer install from my civic :)

I'm not really sure why you would expect to get another 1 year extension to the warranty because the unit was repaired/replaced. If that happened nothing would ever go out of warranty as people would introduce 'faults' just before the warranty was due to expire.

The 'new' head unit that was installed was probably a repair and therefore wouldn't itself carry a 1 year warranty.

I'm not really sure why you would expect to get another 1 year extension to the warranty because the unit was repaired/replaced. If that happened nothing would ever go out of warranty as people would introduce 'faults' just before the warranty was due to expire.

The 'new' head unit that was installed was probably a repair and therefore wouldn't itself carry a 1 year warranty.

If it was a repair then i would expect at least a few months warranty as if it couldn't be given i would suspect a "bodge" job should a new head unit be fitted i think you have every right to expect a further 12 months on top but i would assume that the warranty would only cover parts not the labour. I understand what you are saying about introducing faults but surely you can't be that cynical that you would expect peoiple to sabotage there radios just to get another. I have every reason to believe you suspect everyone of being upto no good :P :D

Hey i had mine replaced by Lexus Guildford how gave me a 5 Year Replacement Warranty for my unit in writing!!

Nice of them i guess. Thank you Lexus Guildford!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links