Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shudder When Pulling Away Is200 Sport

Scotty

:sick:  hi peeps, i have got a shudder on my 200 sport :shutit:  when i pull away somtimes quite violent could it be my clutch? any feedback would be great

before someone bites your head off like it sometimes happens have a quick search and i think theres some old topics on this. :)

i put a new plate in mine and its fine,some have done the same and its the same.

Welcome :D :D :D

If you've just bought your IS200 then maybe your just not quite used to the clutch yet? Took me some time to get used to mine - just give it abit more revs before releasing the clutch gently (hope I don't sound patronising :blush:)

If you've just bought your IS200 then maybe your just not quite used to the clutch yet? Took me some time to get used to mine  - just give it abit more revs before releasing the clutch gently (hope I don't sound patronising :blush:)

your bang on there mate,they do need a bit of revs and slipping :driving:

• 2 months later...

If you've just bought your IS200 then maybe your just not quite used to the clutch yet? Took me some time to get used to mine  - just give it abit more revs before releasing the clutch gently (hope I don't sound patronising :blush:)

your bang on there mate,they do need a bit of revs and slipping :driving:

Is this the famous clutch judder I've heard so much about? The reason I ask is that I test drove an IS200 last night which had a bit of a shudder. However, I was pushing it quite hard (hard gear changes, no slippage on the clutch, hard acceleration) to make sure I'd feel it if the car had it, and the shudder was only very slight. Possibly simply due to bad gear changes, in fact....

Is this ok or is it a bad thing in peoples' opinions?

This also happens in my IS sport and it happened in my last IS se.

I thought it was due to oil getting on the clutch in my last car as my SE was scrap and burnt a lot of oil :angry:

Since it is still happening in my sport and my sport has a Helix uprated clutch I now know that it is just a characteristic of these cars! :yawn:

You will get used to it and Anees is right about the revving! :blush:

Can all those who have this clutch judder try turning off the aircon and tell me if it still happens?

I found that just putting on a diferent exhaust helped too.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links