Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sold

Thought I would let all you people know I have sold out on the IS200 and switched car. I was fed up with the poor performance below 4500rpm and also being blown away by my wife's TDI Golf.

Still, will be interested to see what the new IS is like and whether it really lives up to what Lexus are saying so far (i have my doubts).

Cheers

I have bought a BMW 330d sport which I collected on Saturday. No worries with performance now - still the Lexus was a good car and someone one will get a great deal who buys it (only 16k mileage).

I have bought a BMW 330d sport which I collected on Saturday.  No worries with performance now  - still the Lexus was a good car and someone one will get a great deal who buys it (only 16k mileage).

Mate let me know how you get on with the 330d- I was contemplating one too *cough*

being blown away by my wife's TDI Golf

I had a colleague behind me this morning in his 140bhp Audi A3 TDI. I took a very tight bend on a slip road at 70mph and accelerated away and he stuck with me all the way so I was impressed with the handling and performance of the audi. I mentioned I was in the vvti band in 4th and he said he was in 6th :sad: I just looked up the figures - his car has 236 lb/ft torque at 1750 rpm compared with 144 lb/ft at 4600 rpm for the IS200. :o And he gets something like 40mpg.

I had a colleague behind me this morning in his 140bhp Audi A3 TDI. I took a very tight bend on a slip road at 70mph and accelerated away and he stuck with me all the way so I was impressed with the handling and performance of the audi. I mentioned I was in the vvti band in 4th and he said he was in 6th :sad: I just looked up the figures - his car has 236 lb/ft torque at 1750 rpm compared with 144 lb/ft at 4600 rpm for the IS200. :o And he gets something like 40mpg.

yeh but you lexus looks a whole lot better than an audi,class my man.

You were in your power band, but I bet so was he too, if he was in 4th I bet you would of sailed away. Plus who enjoyed it the most! I'm sure subaru could make an impreza diesel with as much power but where's the fun in that. I'd rather drive a Lexus than a Audi diesel anyday.

THe 330d is unbelievable for performance - the stats say it all. The car will pull at 80mph with no trouble and is faster than the 330 petrol for 50-75 etc.

I paid 23k for a fully loaded car which is 14mth old and I am smiling everytime go out. The IS200 was good but this is in another league and still returns 39 mpg.

i'd never buy a 3 series, been stuck with one for the last 2 months as a courtesy car, the interior is horrible and it drives like a bag of nails.

i find it strange that you would rather drive a lexus than an audi diesel but you would rather drive a 3 series diesel than a lexus! but each to their own, im glad your happy mate! did you not fancy the new IS?

Stevet made the comment on the Audi - not me.

The new lexus IS220d will still be slower than a 330d. I have to disagree on the drive front re Lexus as I thought mine was completely gutless, even in the 'power band'.

Still, as you say, each to their own.

I contemplated some diesels myself, inc the 330, blinding performance and maybe even the 320, but they really do sound rattly on start up. Not new ones for price reasons, but could have got a good used one for the new price of my IS.

The fuel economy would be nice with the miles I clock up, there aren't many oil burners I would consider but the 330d is defo one I would especially the Sport with the better seats, 18" rims etc.

I contemplated some diesels myself, inc the 330, blinding performance and maybe even the 320, but they really do sound rattly on start up. Not new ones for price reasons, but could have got a good used one for the new price of my IS.

The fuel economy would be nice with the miles I clock up, there aren't many <a href="oil%20burners" onmouseover="window.status='oil burners'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">oil burners</a> I would consider but the 330d is defo one I would especially the Sport with the better seats, 18" rims etc.

People listen up! I had a 306Dturbo one of the best cars those french boys ever done, but the VAG diesel is very quick so are the BMW and Mercs, but...........the Lexus will be a great car, one of the recent Autocar / Autoexpress articals test drove a new Toyota Avensis in Germany with the same diesel unit which will be found in the lexus and it battered a BMW320d scared a BMW driver with a BMW330d :o so you know it's going to be the Don :zee: I repect the BMW, but considering this is only their second generation IS200 etc I think they do a very respectable job :D

Stevet made the comment on the Audi - not me.

The new lexus IS220d will still be slower than a 330d.  I have to disagree on the drive front re Lexus as I thought mine was completely gutless, even in the 'power band'. 

Still, as you say, each to their own.

sorry mate, too many steves!!! regardless of the power (i didnt buy the lex for a fast car) i found an 02 plate astra 1.6 drove, functioned and handled better than the bm 318i i am currently using. the first bm courtesy car they gave me broke down after 30 miles and they had to give me a replacement :ohmy::lol:

speed, power, mpg and all that im not bothered about i just want a car i enjoy driving and handles well, currently that is my IS.

i do like the new 5 series, that drives quite well but i cant see me ever owning a diesel to be honest.

good luck and many happy days of driving your new beemer! :)

don't see any reason why not

I just thought that only petrol engines could be super/turbo charged? :blush:

Maybe if a new supercharger is relased for the 2006 IS diesal engine it should be able to outperform the BMW 330d!

don't see any reason why not

I just thought that only petrol engines could be super/turbo charged? :blush:

Maybe if a new supercharger is relased for the 2006 IS diesal engine it should be able to outperform the BMW 330d!

Most oil burners on the road these days are fitted with turbochargers as standard.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links