Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Great Site!

Thought it was about time I registered and said hello. :)

I've been visiting this site for about four months and have owned an IS200 for the last 3mths. (It's the best car I've ever had the pleasure of owning!)

I am really impressed with the amount of information available here, which has already proved invaluable, when earlier this week, my Key Fobs failed. It took five minutes to re-programme all three key fobs by following the simple step by step instructions which I got from this site. (A big thank you to whoever posted them - they worked a treat).

Why don't they include that sort of info in the Owners manual????

I'm glad I've eventually registered and look forward to exchanging tips/problems/issues in the future.

welcome to the club! :D I know exactly what you mean, this site has so many friendly helpfull people on, its by far the best car club i have had the pleasure of being a member of!!!!!

Jason :P

Thought it was about time I registered and said hello. :)

I've been visiting this site for about four months and have owned an IS200 for the last 3mths. (It's the best car I've ever had the pleasure of owning!)

I am really impressed with the amount of information available here, which has already proved invaluable, when earlier this week, my Key Fobs failed. It took five minutes to re-programme all three key fobs by following the simple step by step instructions which I got from this site. (A big thank you to whoever posted them - they worked a treat).

Why don't they include that sort of info in the Owners manual???? 

I'm glad I've eventually registered and look forward to exchanging tips/problems/issues in the future.

Welcome to LOC friend.

by the way,

Where did you find the re-programming Info??

Could do with that myself :blush:

Thanks for the welcome folks.

In response to Davy Boy - to find the instructions to reprogramme your keys, do a search on 'central locking' or 'Key fob' -can't remember which, as I searched on both.

from memory (in steps) :-

1) open the driver's door and leave open

2) insert ignition key and then remove key without switching ignition on

3) then at 1 second intervals 'lock' and 'unlock' five times using the central locking button on the drivers door.

4) Close driver's door and then re-open.

5) then at 1 second intervals 'lock' and 'unlock' five times using the central locking button on the drivers door again.

6) Insert ignition key and switch the ignition on and then off.

7) Simultaneously press both the Lock and Un-lock buttons on the key fob.

8) Press any other button on the key fob. (The LED on the Key should flash twice)

This is only a brief description, but should be enough to programme a single key. The full instructions are available on here somewhere and detail what to do to delete keys, if you have multiple keys, etc....

HTH

Andy

Re disabling the internal sensors - I could be wrong, but from my understanding, pressing the lock button twice on the keyfob when locking the doors, disables the internal sensors.

The process I've described in my previous post definately reprogrammes the key fobs, before I did it, they didn't work and after I did it they worked.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links