Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ice Mod: New Headunit Fitted

GALLA_4

i have my eye on the alpine i pod ready head units as you can change em to match the colour of the standard kit.

Did you use the JDM panel? as thats the one i have - and whats that little section under the unit?

looks realy good!

There is no radio on the whole world which looks better in the IS as the genuine radio.  :P

Everything else is a mismatch. :shutit:

I couldn't agree with you any more ......... Don't like it sorry ! :tomato:

There is no radio on the whole world which looks better in the IS as the genuine radio.  :P

Watch this space...

Something BIG to reveal veeeeeery soon...

:winky:

Watch this space...

Something BIG to reveal veeeeeery soon...

:winky:

Yeah but what about the Headunit? :D

Just a question, why change the head unit at all, i think it fine (althought it doesnt like the new gorillas album tryed 3 copies and it alway looses it in there and take ages to get it out very random).

If you want to play mp3 or some thing get the ipod then get the i trip (i think thats wot its called), it illegal over here but can get it from america.

My mates got one it set up it own frequnecy then just tune in to it on ur radio, i was going down the motor way with a few mates and 3 of the cars in our pack picked it up, really cool and you dont have to slap a new head unit in which doenst really fit.

Just a thought, i love the rest of you car thou coming along groovily :blink: lol

You dont like the Headunit! Funny that!! Look what you said on the 30th of May few weeks ago..

I said ...........

"I agree with what Andy was saying, that any other after market head unit does not look nice in the LEXUS IS"

However, I DO like you headunit ...... it's very nice, just not in an IS.

Maybe I didn't make my self clear last time ............ ? :)

I couldn't agree with you any more ......... Don't like it sorry ! :tomato:

What about if you do the LED dash conversion to whatever colour you want??

I've got one of those Alpine CDA 9855r's in the house waitin to go in when I build the boot install. :whistling: The quality of these head units is top notch. The glide bar is a nice touch too although haven't used it yet :angry:

Also just got the facia adaptor plate which is like a bloody mechano set in the box. I'll put a few pics up when it is in to see if I can change your mind :P

GUYS THERE IS ONE AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT WHICH WILL LOOK GREAT ON THE IS..... ONLY PROBLEM IS YOU CANT GET IT OVER HERE..... CHECK OUT THE LINK...

http://www.sony.com.my/sonystyle/product/p...ubcategoryid=70

LOOK FOR: 

WX-7700MDX

I THINK YOU CAN CHANGE COLOUR TO MATCH DASH.....

Sony Ice is rubbish! Run a mile!

GUYS THERE IS ONE AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT WHICH WILL LOOK GREAT ON THE IS..... ONLY PROBLEM IS YOU CANT GET IT OVER HERE..... CHECK OUT THE LINK...

http://www.sony.com.my/sonystyle/product/p...ubcategoryid=70

LOOK FOR: 

WX-7700MDX

I THINK YOU CAN CHANGE COLOUR TO MATCH DASH.....

TURD

Sony car audio has slipped.

Sony 12 years ago was SERIOUS stuff....

There XES range retailed for something like £15,000 for the full setup..

The best thing to replace the stock headunit with is a nice big fitted touchscreen VGA monitor connected to a carputer :)

then put a nice big skin of the IS headunit on the monitor

Did you empty contents of back to black on heater controller and the HU panel ?

:P

LOL my thoughts exactly!!

Looks coolio tho especially the kit

The ipod HU matching colours don't really match - the amber on't look amber it looks quite red..........

• 1 month later...

Apologies on diggin up an old thread here, but i'm baffeled as to why i don't see anyone installing the Nakamichi single or double DIN head units? Some say our factory unit is a Nakamichi, some say a Fujitsu Ten. Seems to me the Nakamichi double DIN headunits get top marks for sound quality, look nice and simple and elegant, and provide minidisc and in-dash CD stacker. Ie. just like factory. Would seem a good option for those who want less rice with their ice...???

Cost is a factor though i guess. Does anyone have one of these in their IS? Does anyone even know the headunit i'm talking about??

There not that easy to get here.

Nakamichi has not UK distributor, BBG has stopped importing them... Maybe someone should change that ? ;)

Same with Fujitsu ten, awesome units, not available here.

Apologies on diggin up an old thread here, but i'm baffeled as to why i don't see anyone installing the Nakamichi single or double DIN head units? Some say our factory unit is a Nakamichi, some say a Fujitsu Ten. Seems to me the Nakamichi double DIN headunits get top marks for sound quality, look nice and simple and elegant, and provide minidisc and in-dash CD stacker. Ie. just like factory. Would seem a good option for those who want less rice with their ice...???

Cost is a factor though i guess. Does anyone have one of these in their IS? Does anyone even know the headunit i'm talking about??

I had the Nakimichi CD400 in my last car - which is the cheapest Nak CD player(@£500rrp).

The sound was awsome - much better than the £500 and £800 Alpine units I had previously.

It would suit the IS dash - but only in the dark - any facia plate is going to ruin the look of dash.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links