Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Make Of Suspension Kit

andrewxsi

Hiya Guys,

I want to buy a suspension kit for my Lexus Is 200 Sport.

I am planning to budget around £700 to buy the kit.

Will this be enough?

I would like a good set up for fast road driving like 'B' roads as I dont use my car for work and dont go on motorways much.

what do you recommend

also

are the prolex chassis braces ( for the underside ) a good idea?

they look good value along with the strut brace.

Thanks if you can help.

Andrew

We've sold several sets of TTE coilovers (bit more than £700) and the people who have them are very pleased (fargo,bazza,fever) unlike the majority of others they retain the top mounts so you dont get any knocking.

The chassis braces work a treat they stiffen the shell up nicely. If you saw the OEM ones for the rear in comparison you would think WTF !

For Less than £700 you could buy yourself some eibach / TTE lowering springs -30mm and also some TTE anti roll bars :winky:

He could but it is not the same........................ coilovers is the best way to go :winky:

For £700 you could import a set of very very nice Coilovers.

I don't see the point of Anti Roll bars at all with Coilovers.... i'm living proof, found very little gain from installing those. Understandable you gain from just lower springs...

Coilovers no questions at that price mate!

erm.......

There is every need for anti roll bars, if you DRIVE the car you willfeel the need for anti roll bars, the Function of coilovers and ARB is totally different, coilovers dont compliment ARB, however, the ARB does compliment the feel, stabilty and ability to change direction of the car there fitted to

Thats what i was expecting Mat, but i didn't notice it.

I suspect if i removed them now i would notice a loss of something i guess.... but nothing substantial imo.

Thanks for the advice,

It looks like I will have to spend more than £700 then.

what about Koni or bilstein?

these are coilovers just uprated dampers and springs, can be found for around £500!! I'll be getting a set of konis after ive done enough deals :blush:

Zee is the only person i know who has bilsteins on.. and loads of euroloc use the konis, they just arent a popular choice here. The only reason i'm taking this route is because my front damper is leaking

From memory people have suffered various levels of knocking on the Teins.I had the SS and had a slight noise from the F/N/S and others have had the same noise from the rears,you need to find a set of coilovers that make use of the std rubber mounts inside the top of the shocks,i found i had the same level of ride comfort with the TTE anti roll bar and Eibach spring combo.......it all depends how hard you drive the car.if you like to drive it hard most of the time then the coilover is the way to go with anti-roll bars as there is a marked improvement in handling.

as far as i can make out from the tein booklet the upper mounts are retained from the standard suspension.

maybe i should just buy some springs just now and the anti roll bar setup.

is it hard to change the anti roll bar?

so many choices !!

i dont drive my car much i just walk to work about a 1/2 mile away and use car when i am off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links