Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Conversion

Adie

0-60...

Altezza stock is 7.2sec...

Mine boosted, about 1.5seconds off easily.

Able to race M3s (before the ICE went in)

I dunno mid 5s i would say :)

I've tried it with friend and his stopwatch, lol not accurate at all but it was averaging 5.5-6seconds...

Not bad, considering i need to get rid of the MAF and fully programable ECU.

So, who wants a race, minus Mat of course.

:P

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So, who wants a race, minus Mat of course.

:P

:D

:D

Do you really think to get under 6 seconds with this gear setup?? :blink:

I think you would get easily in the 5secs with a gear ratio where you can hit 62mph in 2nd gear, or can you do that with the Altezza? :unsure:

Could be true, the Altezza revs higher than the IS200 7000-8000rpm, so it could be possible to hit 100kmh (62mph) in 2nd gear. :whistling:

From what Mat has said the gear ratios are actually the same Road Rash so if you were to make your IS lighter by removing the seats etc, you would be able to hit 62mph in your car in 2nd gear!

Lexus_Boy - Thom - has removed all of the interior in his car and can now hit ~60 in second gear!

I have to admit I always thought it was the different ratios of the Altezza and IS but from what Mat says it's all just down to the differing weight of the two cars!!

The Altezza can hit over 60 in 2nd gear though, it's pretty impressive :D

That and a lot less noise proofing mate!

Just had a quick look on the net and the Altezza RS200 manual comes in at 1340Kg and the IS200 is between 1380Kg and 1445Kg depending on spec!

From what Mat has said the gear ratios are actually the same Road Rash so if you were to make your IS lighter by removing the seats etc, you would be able to hit 62mph in your car in 2nd gear!

Lexus_Boy - Thom - has removed all of the interior in his car and can now hit ~60 in second gear!

I have to admit I always thought it was the different ratios of the Altezza and IS but from what Mat says it's all just down to the differing weight of the two cars!!

The Altezza can hit over 60 in 2nd gear though, it's pretty impressive :D

No!

The weight doesn't have an effect on the gear ratio :duh:

In the IS200 you will never hit the 100kph range in 2nd gear because the rev limiter kicks in at 90-95kmh. :yawn:

The gear ratios are the same I know. :)

THE ALTEZZA CAN DO IT!

Why??

It revs to almost 8000rpm so it hits over 100kmh in 2nd gear while the IS200's redline is set to 6400 or sth so it's limited at ~95kph. ;)

Weight reduction only improves the 0-60 time but doesn't change the gear ratios. :huh:

In the IS200 you would need to change the gear ratio or to raise the red line. :winky:

In the IS200 you would need to change the gear ratio or to raise the red line. :winky:

Is this the open closed loop thing? Is this not being tested?

Eh? :blink:

The open/closed loop mode doesn't play a roll on the gear ratios or the rev limiter.

Of course you can change the rev limiter in the ECU. ;)

Quick update.

Everything now completed (guages mounted/ecu tucked away)

Off out tonight to assist in mapping  :D idea being to get a base map for when we go on the rollers.

@ adie.....can you give me a bell about the catch tank  :D

No problem mate.. Be about 11.30 if thats ok?

Quick update.

Took adrians car out late last night to get a base map installed ready for the rolling road session today.

All went well.

She's running .65 bar presently with NO fuelling problems. Pulls like a train to put it mildly.

Injectors are at 95% we did a whole range of different tests to ensure all was well. EGT temp was lower after the mapping than before at 800 degrees which is a nice safe level.

It is clear that to run more than .65 bar we will need a fuel line upgrade but anything above this will need steel internals as well so this is good news and proves our theory that its not required for less than .7 bar (just need a good mapper)

Was interesting to watch (as well as drive) car had more wires than a plate of spaghetti inside and the prolex tech has some stethoscope things in his ears as well didnt ask what they were for (listen for detonation ?)

can't wait to get mine done now :blush:

Have ordered a pack of 3 sets of Prolex shreddies for Adie as he will need them :whistling:

Hope to post up BHP figures tonight or later today

Dave

Sounds excellent Dave, do you think that whatever has been done to sort the fuelling out up those boost levels would also work in a SC scenario with uprated pulley's etc?

definately.......when we've done adies/mikes we will be doing a pulley upgrade.

looking @ diff ecu options as well :whistling:

Quick update.

Took adrians car out late last night to get a base map installed ready for the rolling road session today.

All went well.

She's running .65 bar presently with NO fuelling problems. Pulls like a train to put it mildly.

Injectors are at 95% we did a whole range of different tests to ensure all was well. EGT temp was lower after the mapping than before at 800 degrees which is a nice safe level.

It is clear that to run more than .65 bar we will need a fuel line upgrade but anything above this will need steel internals as well so this is good news and proves our theory that its not required for less than .7 bar (just need a good mapper)

Was interesting to watch (as well as drive) car had more wires than a plate of spaghetti inside and the prolex tech has some stethoscope things in his ears as well didnt ask what they were for (listen for detonation ?)

can't wait to get mine done now  :blush:

Have ordered a pack of 3 sets of Prolex shreddies for Adie as he will need them  :whistling:

Hope to post up BHP figures tonight or later today

Dave

Which was the max EGT? 900?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links