Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Power Mode

I am sure I asked this question before, but cant find the thread...

Power mode - IS300, whats it all about

I have never really used it, in fact just remembered about it the other day

Wondering how it works

I am told that all it does is hold onto the revs a little longer before moving up a gear

So I take it that it offers no sharper throttle response about town, and is only good if you intend to do 100mph+ on the motorway.

I dont get it

I assume it is detrimental to fuel mpg, if I leave it on constantly??

Alot of sport buttons on Automatics just increase the rpm by about 10% I think, dont think you'd have to break the law to benefit from using it. But hey, I could be wrong. :blush:

The sport mode keeps each gear longer, before changing up.

Automatics always like to get to the highest gear , the quickest ... for fuel economy.

If you put it on sport, it will rev out each gear longer, before changing.

Also, if you kcik down, it will go down the gears quicker ....... so over all ...... if u want a bit more fun switch it on .......

alternatively, just flick over to manual .......... :D

IMHO - I reckon the manual mode changes slower than in full auto  :blink:

Reset ur ECU ..........

take it for a blast, in manual .............. come back ....... then say that ;)

mpg shouldn't really change. Some people even see an increase as they don't have to use as much 'gas' to make it down change etc.

It doesn't alter the throttle response, unlike snow mode which does reduce the response, but it is thought it does reduce the sensitivity of the traction contol a little.

Reset ur ECU ..........

take it for a blast, in manual .............. come back ....... then say that ;)

Why would resetting ECU make any difference?? please explain....

Reset ur ECU ..........

Why would resetting ECU make any difference?? please explain....

The ECU controls the auto box as well as the engine

Seems a waste of time to me.

Don't use it then. The car can drive quite differently with power mode on or off.

Give me a second, while I reattach my nose to my face........

Ok, I am big enough to admit I got it wrong. Having never used the Power mode button in six months, I've been trying it out. I agree with Scarface though - I prefer it in manual mode, theres definitely more bite in the gear change and seems much more responsive. It would appear that I am only now getting about 20mpg instead of the usual 26.

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links