Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Manchester Meet

Gord

It will be like an inverted Macdonalds logo burnt into the screen mate :lol:

So it's not only my screen I can't look at, but now I can't go past a MacDonalds or bikestands without flashbacks!
Really glad I finally got to meet you and Matt mate, you've given this place a lot, wish I could have given you more than a picture to remember me by!

:shutit: You told me that was the phone in your pocket....

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

It was, I've just got one of those old Motorola bricks hiding in there, it gets embarrasing sometimes :lol:

@ Brett, Nando's is ace mate, which sauce did you go for?

I managed double chicken breast in pitta last night - extra hot, and then all my chips were covered in extra hot peri peri sauce - it's marvellous!

Only half a glass of coke too for that lot, impressive feat, saying that though, that many grammes cost me a fortune :lol:

I went for a double breast with medium sauce and normal chips and i just broke out in a fountain of sweat lol, I really cannot handle spicy foods, I love the taste tho :)

It gave Geoff something to laugh at too :P :P

Damn I wish I'd made it in time, then I could have had the extra hot one and you could have laughed at me, I do make a mess whenever I try that stuff!!!

In fact someone took a pic last night of me in agony!

It's the endorphin rush you get from hot food that has me hooked, chicken phal's, Nando's extra hot, jalapeno's, you name it, they make me happy :D

I'll get there one day Mike, when I'm a slim lad, each time I have a curry with you lot I lose a stone, it's just all that Stella that's stumping my progress!!!

I wish there was a Nando's nearer to here, I'd be there everyday!

its always great to meet some new members and see all the usual suspects as well as some peeps i havent seen for years! pretty sure this has been my first meet since track attack and i wasnt able to stay for long but i did enjoy it, good turnout too!

looks like i missed some of the latecomers, catch you next time fellas.

now for the pics

1.jpg

2.jpg

10.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

this one's for geoff!

9.jpg

Just got back in. I was supposed to leave abit early because of my cousins birthday but when I got home they had already gone to the restaurant so I joined them there. :blush:

That was by far the best meet I've been too (well..of the two!). It was really nice to meet Dave Ellen (looked quite young :whistling: ), Mr Morse, Aido, Ally, Ash, Babyshake, Wosket, Lexus Boy, Jasper and loads of other top people (sorry I can't remember all the names :blush: )

It was good to pass on my electrical wiring skills on to the less skillful Geoff and Brettster too. Hope you've picked up a few tips lads! :lol: :P

Lots of nice cars about and it was good that no one was obessive about cleaning there car! :lol:

Nandos was really funny. I ordered the extra hot chicken burger with the hot chips and some of that Nandos hot sauce. Didn't bother me at all. :shifty: Brett had the medium burger and he said he was sweating becasue it was too hot for him. I thought it was just an expression - BUT when I looked over sweat was streaming off him!! :lol::lol: Hilarious!

Geoff invented a new dip for his chips too - Rum ice-cream with tomato ketchup and chips!! :yack:

Dave and Gord dissapeared for a while in Daves car before Gord came back with a big smile on his face...... :whistling:

Bowling I surprised myself - I scored 56 and 46 (better then I expected). Geoff on the otherhand has been called up to the Great Britain Olympic Bowling squad due to his heroics! :D Interesting technique where the runs up, hops, skips, throws and then sticks both hands out to the side like he is flying! :hehe:

I managed to come 3rd.........(out of 3 :blush: )!

Great day by the (mainly) Northerners!

I thought Aido only "exposed himself" when he was inhebriated.... LOL - How wrong was I!?

Blimey Anees, don't know how you and Prisca handle that hot stuff, I love it but it makes me cry my eyes out :o

Great pics John, so who have we got here?

1.jpg

?, ?'s nipper, Back of Ash's head, Ally, ?, Mike M, Dave E, Mark, Mark's Mrs & Gord - not sure who the other two are?

Blimey Anees, don't know how you and Prisca handle that hot stuff, I love it but it makes me cry my eyes out :o

Yes - JUST BRING IT! :D

Some one once bet me to eat a spoon full of chilli flakes - I managed it! :shifty::shifty: I love that really hot Jalpeno pepper african chilli saurce too ;)

Nice pictures there Wosket (sorry I didn't get chance to talk to you more). If you have any more with the front of my car in please can you "photoshop" the little scrap on the front bumper - still waitng for my front lip to come back which covers it! :whistling:

Great pics John, so who have we got here?

1.jpg

?, ?'s nipper, Back of Ash's head, Ally, ?, Mike M, Dave E, Mark, Mark's Mrs & Gord - not sure who the other two are?

Damer little girl, Damer and Jasper :D

Cheers Gord, always easier when I can put a face to the name :D

Mark won't have access to the net until tomorrow so maybe we will see his pics then :winky:

Think he got some good one's :D

:o

I managed double chicken breast in pitta last night - extra hot, and then all my chips were covered in extra hot peri peri sauce - it's marvellous!

Only half a glass of coke too for that lot, impressive feat, saying that though, that many grammes cost me a fortune :lol:

Yes but have people seen your bathroom?

real-need.jpg

That's not my bathroom :o

For starters it's clean and there aren't any dirty mags anywhere :P

That loo roll would be refridgerated if the food was really spicy :lol:

I think my insides were turned to mush by the hot food I've had lately!!!

A great day had by all I think - good to meet everyone too - faces to names and all that :D

Absolute classic from Damer's little one during lunch - when he went to get condiments she told us that "daddy drinks too much wine" - spot on I say - you gotta love kids :P

Hope you're feeling better this morning mate.

Very impressed with Geoffs setup in the car - I may even lend him mine to play with for a day or two (as long as he doesn't strip it out and leave it on bricks for me :shifty: :winky: )

We have decided that Prisca (Baby Shake) isn't coming again as she showed us all up haveing never played before - barriers down for her next time methinks :shifty:

Enjoyed the Nando's - I had a medium thing but got bored of it and lathered my chips in the hot hot stuff. I shouldn't have done that - it was silly :nuke:

Anyhoo - piccys :winky:

Geoff - did you manage to get all of the clegnuts off of the reversing camera? :whistling:

gallery_10358_183_52388.jpg

gallery_10358_183_103906.jpg

gallery_10358_183_54638.jpg

gallery_10358_183_83577.jpg

gallery_10358_183_143085.jpg

gallery_10358_183_89351.jpg

gallery_10358_183_70676.jpg

I am going to put the reversing camera image in it's own special thread :winky:

Another great turn out. Good to meet some new faces, and some old ones too

Apologies for my late arrival, and early departure. My head was kinda messed up with Saturdays goings on, but hopefully that should all be sorted out soon.

Roll on the next one. And a pat on the back to Gord for organising it all.

A great day had by all I think - good to meet everyone too - faces to names and all that  :D

Absolute classic from Damer's little one during lunch - when he went to get condiments she told us that "daddy drinks too much wine" - spot on I say - you gotta love kids  :P

Hope you're feeling better this morning mate.

Very impressed with Geoffs setup in the car - I may even lend him mine to play with for a day or two (as long as he doesn't strip it out and leave it on bricks for me  :shifty:  :winky: )

We have decided that Prisca (Baby Shake) isn't coming again as she showed us all up haveing never played before - barriers down for her next time methinks  :shifty:

Enjoyed the Nando's - I had a medium thing but got bored of it and lathered my chips in the hot hot stuff. I shouldn't have done that - it was silly  :nuke:

Anyhoo - piccys  :winky:

Geoff - did you manage to get all of the clegnuts off of the reversing camera?  :whistling:

gallery_10358_183_52388.jpg

gallery_10358_183_103906.jpg

gallery_10358_183_54638.jpg

gallery_10358_183_83577.jpg

gallery_10358_183_143085.jpg

gallery_10358_183_89351.jpg

gallery_10358_183_70676.jpg

I am going to put the reversing camera image in it's own special thread  :winky:

Just to put some names to faces:

Back row L-R Gord, Lexus Boy, Mr H, Aido, Mrs Waddy, Geoffers, Brettster

Front Row L-R Waddy, Baby Shake, Mr Morse, Anees

Nice to met you all at last, sorry had to bail out early. Little 'un was "bored" to be fair I did wake her up to bring her along and she had a very long day before hand being a bridesmaid.

Also I think I was in deniel and feeling much rougher than I was letting on, I was in bed by 8:30 last night :crybaby:

Next time I will come on my own.

Mrs Waddy

Tracey for those of you who didn't catch her name :winky:

Mike - I'm glad Tracey and Prisca are both hairdressers - I think they were happy left to their own devices whilst we discussed all things car :whistling:

The only disappointment of the day was the journey back over the top of the peak when Aido managed to find the only weekend gypsies in the whole of Derbyshire :whistling:

Tracey for those of you who didn't catch her name  :winky:

Mike - I'm glad Tracey and Prisca are both hairdressers - I think they were happy left to their own devices whilst we discussed all things car  :whistling:

The only disappointment of the day was the journey back over the top of the peak when Aido managed to find the only weekend gypsies in the whole of Derbyshire  :whistling:

:lol: I hate those damned pesky gypsies, massive queue of traffic behind them and they never think, oh I'll pull over for two minutes to let these 250 cars past that I'm holidng up on the windies, the knob jockies!

Shame it wasn't clear as we'd have had some right fun then :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk