Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger+ Intercooler+blow Off

But how do you fit a BOV to a s/c?

I would close the bypass, build apart the bypass hose and fit the BOV where the bypasshose stucks to the pressure-side of the compressor.

Correct?

Where do I get the signal to tell the BOV to open?

What is the driving difference between BOV and bypass-system. Any gains on the BOV to build up pressure faster after gearchange for exmpl?

Not 100% sure on the TTE/IS200, but to tell the BOV to open you require small vaccum pipe from the throttle body or early part of the inlet manifold.

GALLA - I got mine from e-bay...

I would also like to see what Mark @ TDi reckons... if anyone knows pros' & cons to the BOV on a TTE system, its him!

Phonedrome - i did notice difference on gear change, boost is alot better when quick changing... defo performance gain for mine.. but its diff type of s/c to the TTE system.

TTE charger bypass works from a cable linkage from the throttle/cable, which closes the bypass as revs increase allowing full boost, and then opens it as the revs drop

for safety by default it will spring back to the open bypass position if disconnected or cable failure

i think it was jansport who have fitted a bov to a tte charger

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the july jtuner (page 23) the pic of the janspeed s/c conversion has a BOV  fitted to the TTE set up, says that its running at 6psi boost.  :D

Gord any more specifics on manufacturer of BOV from the magazine?

How could do this same thing for me?

I don't really think that a BOV would improve the performance on a SCed car.

The reason why to choose a BOV on a turbocharged car, is to prevent turbo damage.

The Turbo spooling stalls without a BOV, when you get off the accelerator after driving under boost.....

The turbo continues spooling after acceleration, the SC doesn't.

The supercharger is heavy and stalls with the engine-rpm, so a BOV wouldn't take an effect on any performance or the SC itself. ;)

The Turbo wheels are light and run at over 150.000rpm and don't depend on the engine rpm, so a BOV is a MUST on those cars.

On an SC car a BOV would be only just for fun and not really required. B)

Looking at the july jtuner (page 23) the pic of the janspeed s/c conversion has a BOV  fitted to the TTE set up, says that its running at 6psi boost.  :D

Gord any more specifics on manufacturer of BOV from the magazine?

How could do this same thing for me?

No owen sorry, no more in mag :D is it just for the noise that you want a BOV, coz as everybody says you dont need one with the s/c, just seems lots of time and money for a hizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.

The reason why to choose a BOV on a turbocharged car, is to prevent turbo damage.

The Turbo spooling stalls without a BOV, when you get off the accelerator after driving under boost.....

The supercharger is heavy and stalls with the engine-rpm, so a BOV wouldn't take an effect on any performance or the SC itself. ;)

The Turbo wheels are light and run at over 150.000rpm and don't depend on the engine rpm, so a BOV is a MUST on those cars.

I beg to differ.

On a Centrufugal style s/c it DEFO has performance advantage :)

I beg to differ.

i know you are talking from your own experience am but i must agree with mat and mike the whole iidea of a bov is to keep the turbo spinning to allow faster gear change and less turbo lag were a s/c does not work on those principles

I beg to differ.

i know you are talking from your own experience am but i must agree with mat and mike the whole iidea of a bov is to keep the turbo spinning to allow faster gear change and less turbo lag were a s/c does not work on those principles

Amen! :D

Ok then BOV aside! The TTE supercharger makes a whine doesn't it?

I want people to know theres something evil under the bonnet especially after forking out this much cash! I suppose I was only suggesting BOV for the HISSS but if the supercharger can make its own music well then I suppose that would be good enough!

Does anyone have a soundclip of the TTE supercharger doing its thing. I know I heard a few at JAE but would love to hear it again!!

GALLA_4

i wouldnt say your thick, maybe its a placebo effect.

the whole purpose of a BOV, isnt to give power gains, its to protect the internals of the Turbine, and prevent "stall" in the turbine, or the air.

this CANNOT happen with a supercharger which is possitive driven from the engine.

not unless your running hidious amounts of boost.....even pro drag cars with superchargers running 3+ bar!!! dont use a BOV....

Ok then BOV aside! The TTE supercharger makes a whine doesn't it?

I want people to know theres something evil under the bonnet especially after forking out this much cash! I suppose I was only suggesting BOV for the HISSS but if the supercharger can make its own music well then I suppose that would be good enough!

Does anyone have a soundclip of the TTE supercharger doing its thing. I know I heard a few at JAE but would love to hear it again!!

GALLA_4

Owen, as standard the TTE kit is pretty quiet due to all the noiseproofing, there is a slight whine but it's not incredibly obvious to be honest, if you want to get the noise, add the TDI induction kit and optionally the cold air box, as that makes it even louder!

I don't have any sound clips, there is however one of Mat's car years ago with the Hiper where you can hear the SC in the background so I'll dig that out, think it's called aby.mpeg...

Here we go bud, you can hear the TTE Compressor kit as standard on this clip:

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/alb...album01/aby.mpg

Magnify that by ten for the TDI kit :) That is just awesome!

the whole purpose of a BOV, isnt to give power gains, its to protect the internals of the Turbine, and prevent "stall" in the turbine, or the air.

this CANNOT happen with a supercharger which is possitive driven from the engine.

not unless your running hidious amounts of boost.....even pro drag cars with superchargers running 3+ bar!!! dont use a BOV....

ah right was begining to think it worked differently as i know it the BOV relieves the back pressure on the turbine which in turn because there is less pressure on the turbine allows it to spool up faster after a high demand the relief of back pressure will allow the spool to run quicker too at that point and will lower the air temp

ah right was begining to think it worked differently as i know it the BOV relieves the back pressure on the turbine which in turn because there is less pressure on the turbine allows it to spool up faster after a high demand the relief of back pressure will allow the spool to run quicker too at that point and will lower the air temp

correct in the aspect of allowing the turbine to spool up faster, however, for the effects mentioned to really make an impact, you have to be looking at high HP cars, running over 400 hp.

as i stated, the main reasons for a BOV is to prevent stall again, on high HP engines due to the sudden build up in pressure when the throttle is closed,

the turbine is still spinning when the throttle plate is closed, causing a huge and instant build up in pressure, which can in some cases shatter the turbine blades, or try to stall the compressor wheel.

ok, not a performance per say, but drivebilty improved.

Taking it off does make a pretty LOUD noise when u come off boost also, so i made it quieter with BOV as a trade off.

We Meter'd the s/c, from 1m its over 130dB!!!!!

Some Videos from inside:

LINK 1

LINK 2

LINK, LINK and LINK

LINK

You have to rename those vids from *.mov to *.3gp and play them in Quicktime or Realplayer.

What about adding a air regulator into the bypass hose to prevent fast pressure lose through the bypass valve through gear change. This also could change the s/c noise a bit and you could shape the regulator like a whistle :D

Some Videos from inside:

LINK 1

LINK 2

LINK, LINK and LINK

LINK 

You have to rename those vids from *.mov to *.3gp and play them in Quicktime or Realplayer.

What about adding a air regulator into the bypass hose to prevent fast pressure lose through the bypass valve through gear change. This also could change the s/c noise a bit and you could shape the regulator like a whistle :D

*kick*

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links