Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap Scooby's

brn7y

Don't believe how sick some recent buyers must be, that Subaru have droped up to £3000 off the 2002 model in anticipation of the 2003 arrival.

Means the old 280bhp WRX's will drop aswell though, it's big boy toy time!

B)

Don't believe how sick some recent buyers must be, that Subaru have droped up to £3000 off the 2002 model in anticipation of the 2003 arrival.

Means the old 280bhp WRX's will drop aswell though, it's big boy toy time!

B)

Lexus did exactly the same shortly after I got my IS200 (bought it in December 99)

yeah but just think that u will be at the traffic lights one day, ur right foot punching the gas edging closer over the line each time waiting for it to go amber to get that perfect start.......................... then a mitsubishi evo will zzzzzzzzoooooooooooooommmmmmmm past you and you will be lookin somethin like this :crybaby: or this :nugget: or this :angry: or probably all 3

yeah but just think that u will be at the traffic lights one day, ur right foot punching the gas edging closer over the line each time waiting for it to go amber to get that perfect start.......................... then a mitsubishi evo will zzzzzzzzoooooooooooooommmmmmmm past you and you will be lookin somethin like this :crybaby: or this :nugget: or this :angry: or probably all 3

oh no it won't :yahoo::ph34r:

yeah but just think that u will be at the traffic lights one day, ur right foot punching the gas edging closer over the  line each time waiting for it to go amber to get that perfect start.......................... then a mitsubishi evo will zzzzzzzzoooooooooooooommmmmmmm past you and you will be lookin somethin like this :crybaby:  or this  :nugget:  or this :angry:  or probably all 3

yes it will.

EVOS RULE and will beat a scooby any day of the week.

yeah fair enough they are good value for 19k but they are ugly things though. if i was gonna get one and i wouldn't, i'd go for a second hand impreza P1 them are nice

yeah but just think that u will be at the traffic lights one day, ur right foot punching the gas edging closer over the  line each time waiting for it to go amber to get that perfect start.......................... then a mitsubishi evo will zzzzzzzzoooooooooooooommmmmmmm past you and you will be lookin somethin like this :crybaby:  or this  :nugget:  or this :angry:  or probably all 3

yes it will.

EVOS RULE and will beat a scooby any day of the week.

think that zzzoooooomm was not an Evo Playa.

it was DarkIS's post going over your head!!

:lol::lol::lol:

But the current Scooby IS ugly though.....isn't it ;)

And the interior is worse. Abit like Alfa in the bad old days - great mechanicals but everything else was crud.

Brother in law has got one and the more I look at it (which isn't a lot) the more I feel sorry for him. It may be quick but it just looks like a attack from the after market parts bin. :sick::sick:

The shape of the current scoob is awful...what were they thinking?!?! the new one is better but still doesn't have the 'meatiness' of the old one.

that was the whole point in the way scoobies & evos look, you look in your rearview and see them bearing down on you...it has a certain effect :yahoo:

I had an Impreza (WRX) for 4 years and had several run ins with the odd Evo ..Not one of when impressed me that much..Dont get me wrong there are a good car and fast but if you have a WRX running at 300bhp they are no big shakes.

Agree that the new Impreza is not as nice as the old but it is improved in other ways.

Also all Evo's are imported at 280psi which in english money converts to 276bhp and alot of Evo drivers bost of showing Impreza's the road to go.But what you have to remember is not all Impreza's are (grey) imports and dont come with the big bhp as the import (sti) does.

And if you have driven a UK spec WRX you could know they are no match for power towards the Evo or the Wrx Sti.

You would have to go for the prodrive version to get the bhp up.

This will also sting you a few extra grand. :yahoo::hehe:

Scoobies are fantastic and I still miss mine. I had a classic shape MY00. The current model is fugly!!

For the benefit of Matthew and anyone else that doesn't know my story goes...

one evening about 3 months ago I returned to my car in a large supermarket carpark. Got in locked the doors (part of my routine) took off the disclok and was tucking it under my passenger seat when I noticed 2 large guys right behind my rear spoiler... as that sunk in another guy was trying to get in my drivers door and a forth was pounding my right rear side window. When the guy couldn't get in he screamed "Get out and give us the f**king keys"

erm, no I thought. Slammed it in reverse and swung out VERY fast. I think I hit the guy at my driver's door with my front wheel and I've no idea how the guys behind me got out the way. They gave the car a kicking as I changed to 1st and sped away, towards people and the entrance to the supermarket. They jumped back in the Audi quattro estate they had and shot off.

After a a brief talking down by a friend (thanks Red) I went to the cop shop and reported it. I've heard nothing since.

I changed to a IS200 sport the following week. I really didn't like the risk anymore. :(

Anyway, back to the point. Scoobies and Evos are fantastic cars and I still wish I had mine when I'm driving my fav roads. Dispite the large running cost etc. I never regreted buying it even for a moment. Get one, but be safe :D

Scoobies are fantastic and I still miss mine. I had a classic shape MY00. The current model is fugly!!

For the benefit of Matthew and anyone else that doesn't know my story goes...

one evening about 3 months ago I returned to my car in a large supermarket carpark. Got in locked the doors (part of my routine) took off the disclok and was tucking it under my passenger seat when I noticed 2 large guys right behind my rear spoiler... as that sunk in another guy was trying to get in my drivers door and a forth was pounding my right rear side window. When the guy couldn't get in he screamed "Get out and give us the f**king keys"

erm, no I thought. Slammed it in reverse and swung out VERY fast. I think I hit the guy at my driver's door with my front wheel and I've no idea how the guys behind me got out the way. They gave the car a kicking as I changed to 1st and sped away, towards people and the entrance to the supermarket. They jumped back in the Audi quattro estate they had and shot off.

After a a brief talking down by a friend (thanks Red) I went to the cop shop and reported it. I've heard nothing since.

I changed to a IS200 sport the following week. I really didn't like the risk anymore. :(

Anyway, back to the point. Scoobies and Evos are fantastic cars and I still wish I had mine when I'm driving my fav roads. Dispite the large running cost etc. I never regreted buying it even for a moment. Get one, but be safe :D

HOLY *****!

very scary story mate - very scary indeed.

:o

tell you what though - hope you did hit him with the wheel - just a pity the guys behind you got out of the way.

as anyone that knows me will tell you I always tried to take any sensible precautions I could when I had the Scoob and locking my doors has been something I've always done and is now just habit. In this case it proved to be the difference between me getting away and me being dragged from the car. As Red said I probably wouldn't have gone quietly, which I know isn't the correct response for, what is just a piece of metal, but it was MY piece of metal :angry:

what settled it for me was only the week before a group of us had been to the cinema in my car and my mate Jen had left her cigs, so I gave her the keys and she went to get them. i couldn't stop thinking what if it had happened to her? I couldn't forgive myself if one of my mates got hurt because of the car I owned. It's easy to dismiss until it happens to you.

I suppose it's a sign of the times, everyone has to way up the pros and cons for themselves. I would never tell anyone not to get one, but just not let them kid themselves that they are not a major target at the moment.

yeah Matthew, hence the avatar. :P

I'm competing in the Yorkshire open karate championships this Sunday in Morley as it happens. [any excuse to drum up interest]

so, if anyone is at a lose end on Sunday pop along :D

editted to say:

I'm actually as placid as they come... if you spilt my pint, I'd probably just wander off to find a cloth :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links