Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bloody Spiders

newport

Sorry for the daft question guys.

Does anyone know now to get rid of spiders in the wing mirrors without taking them apart, every time I get in the car there is bloody big webbs all over the mirrors and doors (both sides) :crybaby::angry:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the daft question guys.

Does anyone know now to get rid of spiders in the wing mirrors without taking them apart, every time I get in the car there is bloody big webbs all over the mirrors and doors (both sides) :crybaby:  :angry:

Have you tried:

1) The soft brush attachment for a vacuum cleaner

2) Chemical warfare :nuke:

ya !! they are some real tough ba*tards, I even cought one the other day but they have friends and family :angry::angry:

Im thinking now High Pressure Hose and blast them out. But Is that going to harm the electrics ??

Same problem here - early morning or evening vigil - when they are most peck'ish (active) - get 'em in action.

Tried washing out etc - no chance - think mine must have their own scuba packs.

Hey - don't forget they love the earlier models - cos Lexus left the heater running all the time - oh hang-on - they are not on all the time in my RAV and still they are making webs ...

Umm - wonder if some knitted mirror covers would help :lol:

i have the same problem with the garage door handle...

i think i may pressure wash the little squatter out this weekend...

i saw him munchin on what looked like a baby maggot this morning... who knows where that came from. as soon as i put my hand on the handle, it runs into the locking mechanism, the crafty bugger.

anyhow... i've let him go for too long now... his days are numbered :shifty:

i have the same problem with the garage door handle...

i think i may pressure wash the little squatter out this weekend...

i saw him munchin on what looked like a baby maggot this morning... who knows where that came from. as soon as i put my hand on the handle, it runs into the locking mechanism, the crafty bugger.

anyhow... i've let him go for too long now... his days are numbered  :shifty:

are you going to write him an ode to spiders then :D

Must be something they dont like :

Flyspray

Ant Spray

Deodorant

High concentrate of detergent (fairy liquid)

I know for a fact that they don't like creosote because they come out in droves when I do the fence but that's a tad severe for the mirror :nuke:

Must be something they dont like :

Flyspray

Ant Spray

Deodorant

High concentrate of detergent (fairy liquid)

I know for a fact that they don't like creosote because they come out in droves when I do the fence but that's a tad severe for the mirror  :nuke:

What about a layer of double-sided sticky tape ??!? :D

I was watching a program some time ago where they were winding up a spider.

It seems that when a fly gets trapped in the web it attracts the spider by frequency resonance as the fly tries to - well fly.

They tapped the web and did all manner of things to no avail, but as soon as they touched the web with a tuning fork (in action) the spider quickly darted to the location of the web where the tuning fork had been or still was.

Therefore - could a tuning fork bring the blighter out where it could be suitably - sorted ?

I was watching a program some time ago where they were winding up a spider.

It seems that when a fly gets trapped in the web it attracts the spider by frequency resonance as the fly tries to - well fly.

They tapped the web and did all manner of things to no avail, but as soon as they touched the web with a tuning fork (in action) the spider quickly darted to the location of the web where the tuning fork had been or still was.

Therefore - could a tuning fork bring the blighter out where it could be suitably - sorted ?

Interesting theory... i was planning to invite the little monsters out for a quick bite at Nando's.... NOBODY CAN RESIST NANDO'S!!!!! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links