Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How Do You Guys Use Your Pc7424?

aido

Just wondered how you guys are using your Porter Cable 7424 machines in terms of movements you make with the machine, ie left - right, up - down etc etc...

I've always followed this guide here:

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/detailing...=1430487&page=1

Just wondered if you guys are the same or whether you do orbital movements as well??

Damn you Aido.. :P

With you getting you alloys Polished and now looking for tips on using your oribal polisher as well as looking into the SONUS cleaning range

I'm worried!! :whistling:

Looks like my car is gonna be muckier then yours!! :crying:

Stictly left-right OR up-down, never circular as it can cause more harm than good. And always place the pad flat on the panel before starting the machine up and keep it parallel to the panel when polishing..........

This is getting scary Aido, sounds like you're considering a little spring-cleaning :blink:

So you guys don't do the diagonals then? I always do the four movements as in that link - I use that as my PC bible :P

No wonder you guys do it so quick, you're doing half the work!!! How long do you work on each section then? I saw a comment somewhere saying five minutes per little two foot square section!

@ Abbie, just the opposite, I've made the decision to stay away from them for now, still sorting my head out from the last one :(

Sounds like I will have to reconsider how I work with the PC - saying that though you guys don't have the hassle of the clear coat, you're working directly with the paint whereas I'm just working with the clear coat of the Granite Sky :(

Might have to do some work this weekend if it's not too sunny, gives me something to do!

@ Anees - I did my car not too long ago so yours has the dirtiest car award again now mate, just you wait til winter though, that's when I'll be coming after you :P

yea, but being white it was hard to notice things!

i've ordered some 2000 and 3000 grit sandpaper so gonna have a go with the  orangpeel and couple of other marks

Surely you'll have to destroy the clearcoat to get to the paint to sort out orange peel - how do you build it back up afterwards?

Thanks for the links Matt, same as the rest are saying, just horizontal and vertical movements - I've been doing the diagonals too......

That Megs #9 sounds good though, might have to try that as well as DACP!!

nah, it's kinda hard to explain but i have a few 'marks/imperfections' mainly around the petrol cap that look to be on the lacquer (also have some on the rear bumper)

I did it with the front bumper ages ago when i had a bump and that turned out ok

but yea, it would be better to be just working on the raw paint but then i guess it's 'safer' to have a clearcoat before you burn through the paint!?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links