Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

D1 Drift Grand Prix Exhibition

Zee007

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i just saw the sumo power 350z en-route to silverstone this morning! it had just come over from the island (isle of sheppy) and was in the Bobbing BP garage!!!

damn thats one fine looking car, and after seeing it in action in the redline DVD it looks like your all in for some fun tomorrow!

09.45 Main Gates Open for Spectators

10.00-10.20 Open Practice (Group A)

10.25-10.45 Open Practice (Group B)

10.50-11.05 Church Break

10.50-11.20 Autograph & Photograph Session (Trade Mall)

11.30-12.00 Opening Ceremony (National Anthem to be played)

12.10-13.00 Qualifying

13.00-14.00 Lunch and guest passenger rides

13.15-14.00 Pit Walk

14.30-16.30 "TSUISO" Drift Final

16.40-16.55 Winners Ceremony

i am leaving at 7am

Not going now, as there is a very important football game on tomorrow evening plus a few other factors...

Have a good day folks..should be a pearler :D

You should have come to the D1 mate as you boys got spanked by Chelsea I see :P

This was a fantastic show, the weather was freezing, but I've not seen anything quite like this before, it was great to be able to see drivers with such skill, a Jap driver, Nobushige Kumakubo, won in the RWD Impreza and the Euro guys put up a great fight, Darren McNamara nearly caused an upset!!

Great to see everyone, good to meet Neil and Andy for the first time (can't really remember JAE so treating this as the first time :lol:) and always good to see Mat, Barrie and Janey :winky:

Didn't take my camera so no pics here, but the rest will be along at some point with their pics, I hear they may be doing a DVD so that may interest some of you when it's released?

Shame more couldn't make it, absolutely awesome and possibly a one time chance to see some of these guys (and their cars) in the UK!

You should have come to the D1 mate as you boys got spanked by Chelsea I see :P

Did they? Didnt see it.. Not into football :duh:

Sounds like you had a top day mate. Would have loved to have gone but unfortunatly i couldnt make it.

Whens the dvd out?

DVD probably won't be for a while, could be a tricky one to get hold of since its an Option jobbie.

What a bloody great event, by far the best motorsport day of any kind I have ever been to. It was great to meet up with you guys too, nice to meet some new people. :D

Oh, and the guy in the Top Secret S15 won it Aido, not the guy in the Scooby. :P

My highlights:

Tsuchiya-san has been my hero for the last 4 years or so, It was worth the stand in the cold and £25 alone just for me to get this picture. As you can tell by my smile, I was pretty happy!

meandwho.jpg

Another fantastic highlight for me, one of the few people to get to sit in Kazama's S15! :D

meinkei.jpg

I'll stick up a shedload more pics tomorrow sometime when I've caught up on my sleep. :)

Nice one Andy, I was a bit confused when they announced the winner as I couldn't figure out how the Impreza had won it :lol: It was the video wall that confused me as they were showing the Impreza and saying Winner - I was well shocked :lol:

How did you get back there to the cars mate?

Awesome you got to sit in the car and meet your hero mate, not every day that happens :D

Glad that Ryuji Miki in the Top Secret car won it as that was just awesome!

Well right at the end when everyone ran onto the track, I had a little mosey over to the pitlane, and they pretty much gave you open access to all the garages! I think you were supposed to have some kind of special pass, but that didn't stop me. ;) It was brilliant being able to see the cars up close. I've got some cracking pictures from back there, so i'll put them up tomorrow. I will leave you with this beaut of a picture. By the conditions of the sky you can see that I waited pretty late!

4xsunset.jpg

B)

A bigger version for those who want it (it makes a great desktop background): http://www.aqvf01.dsl.pipex.com/4xsunsetbig.jpg

Sorry I'm a bit late getting on, got home to a very ill little one, temp of well over 100F.

It was an awsome day and good to meet up with all, got some pics that I have not had a chance to look at yet but will choose a few and post.

Took some vids on my little camera, quality not brill but you get a good feel. Will try to post them up on Gold.

Superb pictures there Andy and barrie, top work :D

Really intended to go to this event at first, but what with the weather looking dodgy and numerous other things to srt out I had a weekend off.

Still, looked like a superb day B)

the day was amazing!

Pity I didn't meet up with you Mat as there were a million and one things going on - trying to organise rims and and meeting other people and then not being able to get into the seating area......but no doubt we'll meet up sometime.

Great pics and I will have to post up ones from my dodgy digicam soon (not as good as you guys pics but may as well.

Tsuchiya was cool and my hero Nomuken was a character..... "one more time"

You can get the JDM option DVD's that are pal and have engrish subs soon and hopefully they'll feature our dori stars Brett, Phil, Julian and Darren..... no doubt as a bonus footage at the end or something lol

It just wouldn't be authentic without the non-sensical subtitles now would it? ;) I almost prefer just to have the original with just speech. I may not understand all of it, but its certainly a good laugh. I burst out laughing so many times on Sunday as I heard Tsuchiya and Mana-p going crazy in the background, everyone around me must have thought I was mad! :hehe:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk