Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problem With A Spider, It Keeps Coming Back!

Brettster

We have these big yellow and black spiders in our poison Ivy at the back of the house. Twelve foot wall, ivy up and over, grown right the way along all the houses. Thousands of them in there.

They grab onto you and chew and chew. Don't seem to pierce right through the skin to draw blood, but certainly cause it to swell and leave nasty marks. They are so aggressive - they run onto you. I'll try and get some pics - they are massive.

Are they not called Everton supporters in away strip :hehe:

Wasps.

Friend of mine came got rid of a nest in his place by mounting a fan blowing across the front of the entrance hole. They could get out but not back in. He left it going for a few days until the wasps stopped coming out then blocked the hole up.

Good bit of lateral thinking I thought.

I get wasps every year without fail, either in the shed or in the roof - the lofts converted so they are in the gap between the ceiling and the tiles.

One year they were coming through into a ceiling light, we were laid under it counting them as the days went by. They could not get out into the room. Bit scary when the lights went off at night though :ph34r::ph34r: .

I tried a wasp spray this year in the shed, the nest only gets to the size of a tennis ball when I can see, anyway sprayed this thing at it and it knocked it of the roof, I s**t myself, turned, legged it, fell over ther brush propped holding the shed door open a dragged my self to safety :crying: - remembering last year when I hit a big nest with a spade

Don't know who was more dazed me or the wasps.

Brett you wuss its a spider bloody stand on it :) your givin us northerners a bad name

or get a dog and let that eat it :) mine used to eat spiders wasps, u name it if it fancied playing with it, it would :)

Steve

I hate spiders :sick:

But I did laugh when my sister rang me yesterday. Apparently she was putting her jeans on when she felt something sharp on her ar*e.

threw her jeans to the ground and got her hubby to investgate. A huge spider had gone to sleep in her jeans and was not happy to be disturned so bit her! :lol:

Brett you wuss its a spider bloody stand on it :) your givin us northerners a bad name

or get a dog and let that eat it :) mine used to eat spiders wasps, u name it if it fancied playing with it, it would :)

Steve

hehe im not scared of the spiders, I just dont fancy eating them in my sleep. anyway I took this one to morrisons and left if there, so far it hasnt found its way back..... yet.

hehe

Fiona my GF is so petrified of the damn things, she can be watching the telly in the room see a spider of any size but larger the better, and be able to get out of the room without touching the floor, which then results in me giving the beasy a swift slap with something flat :)

and if i dont get rid of it THEN, i get greif , hell shes even called me at work at 4.00 AM to come home to kill one , i cant love im in Newcastle !!!

Your spider isn't one of these 'wandering spiders' I hope:

Quote from BBC:

The Wandering Spider is one of the world's most deadly spiders

A woman from Cornwall used the internet to identify a poisonous spider after she was bitten by one hidden in bananas bought from a local supermarket.

Kim Boxwell, 24, of St Columb Minor, near Newquay, was bitten by a Brazilian Wandering Spider which was in a bunch of bananas from a Co-op store.

She was taken to the Royal Cornwall Hospital and given antihistamines.

The spider, which is known for its speed and aggression, is usually found in banana plantations.

'Rare occurrence'

Ms Boxwell developed a rash from the bite after buying the bananas on 11 August.

As her symptoms got worse, she called NHS Direct and was taken by ambulance to the Royal Cornwall Hospital.

However, the spider could not be formally identified because it was not captured.

A Co-op spokeswoman said: "Our customer relations manager did speak to the customer to check she was OK.

"We have apologised and she will receive a gift to compensate for any concern or unpleasantness this may have caused.

"This is a very, very rare occurrence. There are a number of stringent checks in place and our supplier hasn't known of any spiders to be harmful."

ps -

This report doesn't mention that the spider was a baby. Ms Boxwell now fears that the said baby is now growing into a full size killer spider somewhere under her floorboards.

Sweet dreams all of you

(evil laughter)

Errrmm I hope mine isnt one of them too

i googled it and it looks like a common house spider.. phew!!!

I wonder what kind of gift she got? do you think it was a free bunch of spider free bananas??

more evil news from the BBC, spider phobics:

A chef bitten by a deadly spider in his pub kitchen was saved after experts were able to identify the creature from a picture on his mobile phone.

Matthew Stevens was attacked by the Brazilian Wandering Spider which was hidden in a box of bananas delivered to the Quantock Gateway pub in Bridgwater.

Thinking quickly despite the shock, he managed to snap a picture, which he later showed to doctors.

Experts at Bristol Zoo were able to identify it and suggest an antidote.

Mr Stevens, 23, from Bridgwater, Somerset, took nearly a week to recover from the bite following treatment at Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton.

He said: "I was never scared of spiders before but I certainly am now. I do feel very lucky, it was extremely painful.

"I didn't know what it was when I was bitten. It felt like a rose thorn, I just felt shocked when I saw the spider scuttling away."

The Brazilian Wandering Spider (Phoneutria fera) is one of the most venomous and deadly spiders in the world, and is known for its speed and aggression.

(more evil laughter)

actually I am a spider phobic too (but when they are big and scary)

Steve

hehe im not scared of the spiders, I just dont fancy eating them in my sleep. anyway I took this one to morrisons and left if there, so far it hasnt found its way back..... yet.

hehe

i too was shocked to be bitten by a spider, i didn't realise spiders in this country could bite through skin, i always used to catch a spider by grabbing one of the back legs, the spider would usually just splay it's other legs and remain motionless, i did the usual to a smallish black coloured one that was on the wall in the house and the little bugger curled around and bit my finger tip. i don't catch them by hand no-more, unless they are particularly small, and i never kill them, i free them into the wild (well, my garden) but i'm pretty sure they always make their way back into the house.

If there's a spider any where near Wifey,her toes literally curl up, never seen anything like it.She shouts Spider Alert, and Iche has to catch and get rid.

One day I had to catch a small spider which, when I caught it,promtly sank it Teeth/talons into my finger.

There it was hanging onto my finger like grim death,Wifey with her toes all curled up,and me trying to find something to put this spider in,so that I could identify it,and/or get an antidote before I expired from this mortal earth,leaving poor wifet with her toes still curled up.Put it into a small jar after prising it from my finger, and googled to find out what sort it was.

It turned out to be a woodlouse spider,who have very strong mandibles to pierce, the wood lices armour.....................Saved by Google :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links