Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok - This May Sound A Little Weird, But ........

waddy

I have just cleaned the exhaust on the IS with Cif ! :blink:

Was prepping the car today for Trax and thought that the tip looked proper grubby. I thought it was mild steel but also thought i could removed some of the crap.

Looked for my Silvo which is normally pretty good at clearing crud but couldn't find it.

Low and behold i saw the Cif under the kitchen sink - worth a stab i thought, it cleaned the radiators in the house nicely and they're metal :whistling:

Anyway - slapped a bit on only to find it worked a treat - and i have now found out that the exhaust tip is stainless steel :blink:

Looks fookin brilliant now (I even got a little anal and cleaned the inside :duh: )

So - don't bother with expensive metal cleaners at £3/4 a tube - get some 99p Cif from the local shop - job done :D

Has anyone used Wonder Wheels on their exhaust tip?

It occurred to me the other day when I gave it a quick blast on the alloys, that stuff is bloody harsh and would make em shiney, but I don't know if it can be used!

Has anyone used Wonder Wheels on their exhaust tip?

It occurred to me the other day when I gave it a quick blast on the alloys, that stuff is bloody harsh and would make em shiney, but I don't know if it can be used!

i tried wonder wheels mate, in fact ive tried loads of different things since ive had the car but settled on just giving it a good clean with an old sponge using gold shampoo and elbow grease, even waxed it once! :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links