Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav

MrADeveci

.......... it's not for me, as I have OEM.

It's for my cousins Tranny ............... I know there has been a lot of topics on this .... but what one do you have or have you used ?

He don't need the 'pda' aspect of it ....... just for sat nav ........ and something that he can take out too .... so can't be a DIN sized one !

Suggestions ..........

Cheers !

.......... it's not for me, as I have OEM.

It's for my cousins Tranny ............... I know there has been a lot of topics on this .... but what one do you have or have you used ?

He don't need the 'pda' aspect of it ....... just for sat nav ........ and something that he can take out too .... so can't be a DIN sized one !

Suggestions ..........

Cheers !

How about the tomtom..???..

i'd also be interested to know about this, been looking at the new TomToms 300,500 and 700 but unsure of any others out there.

I think with the higher spec tomtoms you can integrate your Bluetooth phone with it to accept calls etc but tbh that doesn't interest me all that much so the 300 would probably do me

I see there are also Garmin, Navman and Mio but dont know anyone who has these?

My father has a tomtom300...excellent and real easy to use. We also uploaded the speed camera data base (for free)...

Only downside on the 300 is no European maps as standard, father does not travel abroad, well no where he wants to drive so we did not want to pay extra for maps we won't use.

TomTom Mobile (downside you need a phone it supports) but an excellent solution, can use speed camera database (no need for a B2), poi overlays for Mc d's etc...

I use it with an spv c500 screen is big enough and volume levels fine

You take it with you when you get out of the vehicle (well it's your phone!!) - Recently used it in Spain and was spot on (required Spanish map)

Also on the plus side can use it when out walking, biking, or even in a mates car (gps unit size of a swan vesta box)

Link

Hi Scarface

I bought a TomTom Go 700 two weeks ago

£549.00 expensive but I think worth it if you really need satnav

Its got a full post code data base for both UK and Netherlands and full street plan for Western Europe

Good Battery life for stand alone - 4 hours ish plus mains re charger and cigar socket recharger.

Plus lots of web sites where you can download additional stuff such as speed camera locations etc.

My cousin has a Tranny

Hmm :whistling:

I don't own a nav unit but have used a friends Tom Tom Go and must say it was effortless to use, one unit, take it with you when you leave the car or stick it in the glovebox out of the way. Touch screen etc etc etc.

I think all the pro's have been mentioned so I'll just say 'get one' :winky:

I have a Navman ICN 630- cant fault it at all- in fact, its made me lazy in that i dont bother 'looking' where I go now as the voice instructions are so good!

They are much cheaper than the TomTom, but only the Navman 510/520 had a built in Battery like the TomTom.

J

I have tom tom which i use for couriering and it is fantastic

It took me all the way to matts when he was in Germany as well

and that was my first ever drive in europe and i relied on tom tom all the way

i have tom tom 5 on my pda but would get tom tom go if buying now

john

Your cousin has a tranny :o

What does he do, keep her locked in the cupboard :P

I'd personally go down the Tom Tom Go route as well, nice bit of kit that!

From what I can decipher they are all TomTom Go

The 300 is for use in GB

The 500 is for use in GB + major roads in Europe (i.e. no details of towns)

The 700 is for use in GB & Europe

I am looking at the Navman now - I think the 510 or the 520 - looks like it does the same thing as the TomTom but for less money.

I think though the 510 has been discontinued? and the 520 is the replacement?

Here is the 520 anyway

iCN520_a.jpg

I have used:

Tom Tom Mobile 5 (BRILLIANT - What I use now!)

Tom Tom 5 for PDA....again excellent

and I've played abit with Tom Tom Go 300.

Tom Tom GO is the best for your needs. Its a gadget that just WORKS, no need to mess about with Bluetooth and GPS recivers - its all built in.

In fact Tom Tom is so good I'd say its better then the OEM Lexus Sat Nav.

Not really tried the Navman personally but review here:

Navman ICN510 (not the 520)

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/navman-icn510-review.php

The Navman is just a PDA really that is locked to run just the Navman software. Since I've been using Tom Tom since version 2 I'm a fan of Tom Tom but its your choice.

What one is everyone talking about, just the TomTom GO ?

Cheers

Ahmet, I have the TomTom Go Classic, which is the base model.

The only thing the Classic doesn't have that the 300> have is the Bluetooth capabilities.

What is strange though, is that at most places I've seen them for sale, the Classic is still dearer than the 300 :huh::blink: ...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links