Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How'd They Get 275bhp Na?

While my daughter was getting the Lexus drivers' autographs at the BTCC yesterday I asked one what power the engines were. He said about 275bhp. I know they use an Altezza RS200 engine but what else do they do to it? Perhaps I should have asked but he was a tad busy. It sounds like a big increase without using forced induction. Hmmm perhaps thats why they keep blowing up...? :blink:

275 (presumably RWBHP) from a normally aspirated 2 litre 4 pot - which puts out as standard, 210 BHP at the flywheel - this is complete B :tsktsk: !

As a comparison, the most powerful N/A IS300 (3 litre 6 pot, 211 BHP as standard) has been dyno'd at on 221 RWBHP - that is with a full unrestricted exhaust, induction and air flow controller.

But we are talking about a car where the motor can be stripped out regularly, tuned to run on exact fuel type with a whole lot of cash thrown at it to increase efficiency.

Road cars are full of compromises, especially as they have to operate in very different markets.

I think its possible with the right work, just wouldn't last too long, but in that environment its not a problem

intake

exhaust

headwork

internals

re-mapping

re fuelling

etc

etc

and the easiest and most used way : lie  :lol:  :lol:

If you add to all the above and up the rev limit to levels where the engine will self destruct after a single race then maybe possible.

@ Mr Morse - I assume the IS3 you are talking about is a road going one, eg you don't want to strip it down and re-build after every trip to the shops

If you add to all the above and up the rev limit to levels where the engine will self destruct after a single race then maybe possible.

@ Mr Morse - I assume the IS3 you are talking about is a road going one, eg you don't want to strip it down and re-build after every trip to the shops

Yes, it's a N/A 5 speed manual, no internal upgrades at all, just the mods I listed.

Don't think that I'd get 221 RWBHP from mine on account of the power sapping auto tranny :duh:

I've seen the car... not seen the dyno. I'm sure it does what they say.

TODA stoker kit is what there probably using, http://www.todaracing.com/products/toyota/piston_kit.html

TODA Throttle bodies etc... manifold with pre-cat and main cats removed.... should see those power levels

toda3SGengine.jpg

3S-GE is a very tuneable block.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links