Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lsd

D6ALE

Not convinced a standard IS200 has the power to warrant a LSD anyway, thats why I wasn't worried about having one, worth it on the 300 tho

I test drove a sport, although I didn't push it, didn't feel any different to my car and both had the 18's with P zero's

Not convinced a standard IS200 has the power to warrant a LSD anyway, thats why I wasn't worried about having one, worth it on the 300 tho

I test drove a sport, although I didn't push it, didn't feel any different to my car and both had the 18's with P zero's

Agree with you mate. Dont think its worth it unless you're going to stick a turbo in your car or an uprated s/c kit

Hi guys.

The reason why im looking at both SE & Sport is because when looking in Autotrader i can see SE's that are good value for money and sports. Obviuosly a sport is the better option but why buy one when you can get a lower mileage/more looked after & cheaper SE? the only downside i could see was that it didnt have an LSD (apart from that they are the same car?), but if you dont think a standard is200 needs an LSD then it clears it all up for me.

Im pretty new to the Lexus scene as im just learing the ropes. Dont even know how i will go with the car yet. Just like the looks and reliability stories and thought id get one. May do performance work (very lightly) like the idea of supercharging etc

Cheers guys!

D6

• 4 weeks later...
Is it true that some of the earlier IS200 Sport's 1999/2000 don't have LSD? I'm sure I read about it a few months back. :hehe:

Yes it is.

:blush: I recently bought a 99 IS 200 sport and I wonder (despite the usuals methods :P ) if my Lexus have the lsd diff or not.

Where I can get a reliable information ?

Don't know if this is of any help to you but i have a Lexus IS200 sport year 2002.

Had a look at the diff there is a finned area along the bottom around the drain plug(not very big finns).

Have take a picture ...but not too good at this computer stuff don't know how to add it to this message..sorry!!

I may well be wrong, but I think they LSD has some fins on the back of the casing or something. I'm sure someone will come along and clear it up for us.

Oooh... does this mean my Mk1 GS has LSD, 'cos the diff is covered in fins :huh:

So anyway to tell whether our cars have an LSD or not? Having bought a sport just to get an LSD, this news is quite gutting!

Don´t worry so much, this night I made the usual test with a friend more able than me to sort out if my sport have or not a LSD Diff...

The result is positive.... :D

Another important issue. I found the IS 2000 catalogue and the diff is not a simple LSD.

It's a TORSEN one... :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links