Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sports Grill

lex2005

I ordered mine on 1st November - the day the sale started and I was the first one at Lexus Newcastle. Was told I could collect it next day but they didn't have it. Have been told 3 different dates so far, and just yesterday when they passed another one they told me 13th December.

I'll believe it when it happens!

Why not go for the Sport Design grille with the imitation Carbon Fibre effect.this Grille does not need to be matched to your paint.

If you do get one be sure to put an extra few coates of somthing like Hycote acrylic Laquer on it as the one on my 04 model started exfoliatingafter a year.

I replaced it with no charge from my Lexus dealer and coated it myself.

It would look great on any model

Why not go for the Sport Design grille with the imitation Carbon Fibre effect.this Grille does not need to be matched to your paint.

If you do get one be sure to put an extra few coates of somthing like Hycote acrylic Laquer on it as the one on my 04 model started exfoliatingafter a year.

I replaced it with no charge from my Lexus dealer and coated it myself.

It would look great on any model

Where do i get one of these ive been after one for a while, i was told japan, but if you can get one over here would be great.

Here in Ireland My replacement was ordered in june and I didnt get it until a few weeks ago.....these apparently were a special order from a third party maker........bla bla bla ...and then the wrong one arrived!!!August.

@Ellz,

Mine came from Lexus Ireland.

If you are ordering one you would need to quote the grille for the "SPORT DESIGN"model or LIMITED EDITION in UK ...I think

rgds

Nick

Ok cool how much did u pay for it, was it from a dealer then???

Also had a phone call today but from Lexus Southampton and mine has arrived also. I was one of the last people to order the item, about a week and a half ago and they said it would be here last wednesday but i didn't bother checking as i knew it would take longer..... but its here now! :P

Jason :P

I ordered my sports grill from lex cov over 2 weeks ago and they still havent got it. They keep changing the dates now it sometime in dec... How long do i have to wait.?? Is any one else having problems getting one??

Lexus have had problems with the back orders on the sports grille. All they could tell us dealers is that there is a "supply problem". We do try our best to get parts when we say we can but sometimes we are let down by Lexus for various reasons. All we can then do is ring Dealer Liason who then have to get in touch with Belgium or possibly even Japan.

All we can do in these instances is keep yourselves informed of the situation and keep chasing Lexus.

Dont forget guys ,,...if its the one with the carbon fibre lookalike surround ...put a few coates of Hycote Acrylic Laquer on it before fitting or it wont last a year before it starts exfoliating and looks like its got a bad case of sunburn!

Phoned Lexus Hatfield about 16:00 on Monday afternoon to ask if the deal was still on, told yes so ordered one over the phone. Was told should be here Wednesday, thought "yeh right".

Phone call today "Mr Macdonald? your grille has arrived", whoopee will collect it this afternoon, checked the package and asked about Owners Club Discount. You want it cheaper than that? No problem XX% off, so came to £31.86, started counting out the cash and the man says call it £31.

As I was handing over the cash I casually asked "is it easy to fit", (act dumb :duh: ), "yes Mr Macdonald there are three screws at the top and it just un-clips", "any chance you could put it on now and get rid of the old one" I ask :D Got the "you chancer" look and "I would do Sir but I am the only one in the workshop at the moment". Oh well one request too far I guess but Top Marks to Lexus Hatfield

remove the middle screw, then the 2 inner 1/4 turn plastic "screw studs" ( you will see what i mean)

look at the back of the grille at the bottom there are 3 lugs about 5cm wide that locate the grille to the bumper - you need to push these all down to remove the grille, push the lugs down and work the grille free( u need to push the grille towards the engine)

refitting is a straight forward reverse of the above

you might also find it easier to remove all of the 1/4 turn studs to give you a bit more movement

I undid the horns so I could get my hand in easier to push the lugs down to release the old grill.. I do not think you will break them, they are actually going through a slot so they will be supported a bit from underneath.

To fit the new one you have to line up some step like lugs that go under the edge of the bumper and then push the grill into place (pushing it away from the engine) whilst kind of pushing the bumber a bit with your knee, the grill should then clip into place, with the lugs you had to push down to get the old one off locating through the slots in the grill. Ackward but got there after a bit.

Mine had instructions but my Japanese is a bit rusty.

Just been watching next doors kid pointing and then touching the sport logo :angry:

Yup I had a struggle to get the clips on too.

Like Fluff says take all 4 quarter turn screws out and that allows a bit more movement on the bumper.

What I found was that the bottom of the grille needs to be pushed in to allow the lugs to clear the holes in the grille. I just started at one side with one hand pushing the grille forwards and the other feeling the lug and lifting the edge of the bumper up a little. Then I worked across to the other side till I could see the ends of the lugs just showing through the holes, once I got that far the bottom just snapped into place.

Was a struggle but I got there in the end.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links