Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Track Attack 2006 (sponsored By Prolex Uk)

Steve

Excellent day :D

Great to see everybody again. Absolutely loved driving around the track and will definately be doing it again. Was a bit upset with the 1/4 miles as I was struggling to get any decent traction when pulling off and was very ****** off with the guy who decided to spin his wheels up in front of my car covering it with burning rubber. :tsktsk: Spent the day either driving around the track or as a passenger in my mates Supras..

Thanks to all those that organised the great day :D

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I had a fantastic time. I'm sure some of you would have seen my razzing around in my standard beast! :D Some of the supra boys were a bit crazy but all in all it was a great day.

Only things I would say are that it would have been quite nice if we had our own little Lexus area. I ended up spending most of the day being crammed in between a bunch of MR2's and Yaris'. Also, might be good to have a bit of a one way system around the parking area - since everyone was parking all over the place it was quite easy to end up driving out of your pit area and meeting someone head on coming back into their pit.

Did anyone end up getting those professional pictures? I wouldn't have minded some but I couldn't see where to buy them from.

Anyway, my pics and videos will be coming soon. :)

The photographer was giving out his email addy to email him for pics. So send him an email telling him your reg number, car colour etc etc...

His addy : Info(AT)gaslightphotography.co.uk

The photographer was giving out his email addy to email him for pics. So send him an email telling him your reg number, car colour etc etc...

His addy : Info(AT)gaslightphotography.co.uk

Ah brilliant, thanks Adie. :)

Great day out, I had a brilliant time. Good to see the peeps I know and meet ones that I didn't.

The organisation was spot on and thanks to all who set the day up.

Can't help thinking that I was not pushing it hard enough on the track cos I still got some tread left on the tyres :lol:

Story at the BBQ tonight was how I managed to stay ahead of a Supra on the 1/4 mile for at least 200 yards then got burned big time. It was awsome to have the window open, foot flat on the floor and get passed like I had a foot on the brake with a BOV hissing in my ear.

When's the next one :question:

big thanks to everyone...........

as always its been great to meet old and new faces......

had a great day out with the car, it performed faultless, unfortunatly the 1/4 mile section wasnt suited to setting good 1/4 mile times.......

the track was brilliant, and sorry for not being able to get everyone out with me i promised......hopefully next year

after recieving very disapointing news on friday that my car wasnt going to be ready

we on the advice of steve and mat decided to still attend

so glad we did

thoroughly enjoyed the day

the genorosity of members astounds me

passenger ride in the monster, truely a work of art, both driver and car

ahmet letting me use his car in the 1/4 mile...........and win his trophy :lol::lol:

and a big special thanks to rrs200 , absolute top bloke , who lent me his car for a couple of laps of the circuit

and insisted he didnt want to come with me, i didnt think my driving was that bad :lol: , such a generous offer and i can report back that it handles superb :D

i cant wait till next year

and i WILL have a car for it

thanks to everyone for a great day

passenger ride in the monster,.......................... truely a work of art, both driver and car

why thank you.......

i have to admit, i soon got the feel for the track............ :)

I'd just like to echo the comments above, a great day was had, the organisation was brilliant, a big thank you to all the organisers.

There were some top cars there, especially the 2 skylines on the 1/4 strip.

Just uploaded the gallery, if anyone wants any bigger pictures just shout.

Gallery

Lee.

Just got back .... great day !

Let's not to mention that I am now officially ...........

Fastest N/A Lexus 2006 !

Wooooooo hoooooo !

Congrats.... :)

May i ask what time and your terminal speed.....? :blush:

Would also love to hear what Neils Altezza tiptronic done ?

Anybody pair auto against manual just to see?

thanks

pretty please

PM me if anybody dosen't like to boast..... :)

Hi all, what a day :D Big thanks to TOC & LOC for seting this up, only did the 1/4 mile but still had lots of fun just doing that, some very fast cars there..........skylines well what can i say they are the dogs**** :whistling: & the supras :ohmy:

me and ahmet went to the 1/4 mile as soon as it opend, 1st and 2nd run was not to good ;) ahmet got away from the start very fast in his "auto" IS300 hat of to him, but the 3rd time i got away from the start very quick, i was just in front all the way to the end :whistling: :winky:

i then had some run,s with Ad & Zee what can i say, i was holding my own untill the last 100m or so :whistling: not bad for a car that has not been maped or had the work done to it as Ad,s car has so all in all i was veryhappy :winky:

but by the end of the day something was not right with me car, i could hear something at the top end :sick:

But over all i had a very good day, good to see all the old faces & the new ones that i had not seen before :D

Best time i got was 15.07 roll on sata pod :winky:

I think Zee was hiting 14,s and ahmet hit 14.34 something like that, nice one mate :winky:

But all in all it was a good day had by all :D

Only things I would say are that it would have been quite nice if we had our own little Lexus area. I ended up spending most of the day being crammed in between a bunch of MR2's and Yaris'.

Sorry mate.. I would have got the VIP area ready just for you :lol:

Its a Toyota meet so expect to park next to Toyotas... :D

thanks

pretty please

Time was 14.68 seconds ......... terminal speed i think was about 93 - 97mph ....

Neils tezza ..... well, let's say .... I thought I was running on my own ! lol ........ sorry Neil ! :D

I went up against a few IS200's S/C and Turbo's ............ must say it was almost neck and neck ... if not quicker ! :D

Me and Marcus went up first ............ first two runs I had to show him what an 'auto' could do ........ but then I thought I'd let him get the best of me on the 3rd run ...... he he ! B) :whistling:

I did about 17 runs in total .................

thanks

pretty please

Time was 14.68 seconds ......... terminal speed i think was about 93 - 97mph ....

Neils tezza ..... well, let's say .... I thought I was running on my own ! lol ........ sorry Neil ! :D

I went up against a few IS200's S/C and Turbo's ............ must say it was almost neck and neck ... if not quicker ! :D

Me and Marcus went up first ............ first two runs I had to show him what an 'auto' could do ........ but then I thought I'd let him get the best of me on the 3rd run ...... he he ! B) :whistling:

i only did 1 :D

cheers ahmet your a star :)

I suffered the same traction problems as several other guys and for the first 40-50m was slipping and sliding all over the place and just not putting the power down. Best time 15.43 :ohmy:

wow really impressive :D

some credit due to TDi with there mods to your car :)

Only things I would say are that it would have been quite nice if we had our own little Lexus area. I ended up spending most of the day being crammed in between a bunch of MR2's and Yaris'.

you should think yourself lucky

some had to park next to a vauxhall :blush:

:lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk